David Lee, new QB coach

QB Bills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Fitz got injured - I think his mechanics just nosedived for some reason in the middle of the season. When that happened, passes started sailing and his pick total accelerated.

They need a coach to focus just on Fitz's mechanics, all season long (even during games, although it's nearly impossible to correct mechanical issues during games). Hopefully that's what this guy is being brought in to accomplish.

Fitz game went down the drain, when his Center went down to injury. Wood gave him that extra second in the pocket and that made a big difference in his ability to step up and throw (or the inability)

The new qb coach will bring some fresh eyes in and work with off line coach, WR's coach, etc. Hopefully he sees what Fitzes needs are now to take another step up. The guy has a decent resume i guess, but i cant imagine at all that he was brought on for us to go wildcat crazy.

I feel it's gonna show up this season though. the offense will be consistent this coming year. just an early hunch though of course

The new qb coach will bring some fresh eyes in and work with off line coach, WR's coach, etc. Hopefully he sees what Fitzes needs are now to take another step up. The guy has a decent resume i guess, but i cant imagine at all that he was brought on for us to go wildcat crazy.

I feel it's gonna show up this season though. the offense will be consistent this coming year. just an early hunch though of course

I'm happy with him. Another creative/innovative mind is a good thing. He also has a pretty decent resume.

Some one to help Fitz throw a long ball with some kind of accuracy. He needs a lot of help in that regard.

I think it's the worst part of his game. His long ball is always close to a 50/50 toss up in terms of a completion or interception.

One of the reasons why a barn burning receiver may not help us as we would expect. Anything past 15 to 20 yards is a high risk pass for Fitz.

Of course having sub par NFL tackles hasn't helped him either.

Some one to help Fitz throw a long ball with some kind of accuracy. He needs a lot of help in that regard.

I think that help is called an "offensive line" and a "top-notch burner WR with good hands"

Creating occasional doubt as to whether we pass or run might be helpful as well

Watch Josh Nesbitt emerge as the Bills new wildcat threat.

Impressive roster knowledge, I had to Google him

I think it's the worst part of his game. His long ball is always close to a 50/50 toss up in terms of a completion or interception.

One of the reasons why a barn burning receiver may not help us as we would expect. Anything past 15 to 20 yards is a high risk pass for Fitz.

This is a very interesting point, BPA. I would tend to agree, a barn burning receiver by himself won't help us much.

Do you have any idea what the long ball completion percentage is across the league? I've been hunting, and can't find more recent than 2007

At that time, completion percentage fell about 28% (league wide) going from 5 yd short passes to 16-25% "deep" passes, and an additional 20% (eg 48%) throwing "bombs" of >26 yds.

This would suggest that if Fitz (average completion percentage 62%) is completing about 75% of his short passes, it would be "typical" for his longer throws to be 50/50 propositions.

We all tend to be more critical of our own. Except when we aren't :pirate:

Some people blamed Hennes regression on him. That said, as others have said, its possible Henne just sucked. Gues we'll see.

Side note: I think Chad Pennington would make a fantastic QB coach.

Interesting, I was in the Miami area all week, and Tuesday evening heard Chad P. on a local sports talk show. That question was asked of him: his response, he has no interest in coaching. It would have to be a very unique situation, and he would only do it to help someone he knew well.

Don't thin he will be coming to Buffalo soon.

Calling them sub par is being kind, i just don't think many fans understand just how bad those OT's really are. The reason is, Fitz can mask a lot of deficiencies by getting the ball out so quickly. Plus Chan is helping mask them by setting up a short passing game.

I just don't get how a HC could go into a season knowing how limited his play calling is going to be in the passing game and yet keep trying to make it work game after game.

Finally after 2 years of this Buddy Nix is talking about drafting some OT's, lets see what happens.

Calling them sub par is being kind, i just don't think many fans understand just how bad those OT's really are. The reason is, Fitz can mask a lot of deficiencies by getting the ball out so quickly. Plus Chan is helping mask them by setting up a short passing game.

I just don't get how a HC could go into a season knowing how limited his play calling is going to be in the passing game and yet keep trying to make it work game after game.

Finally after 2 years of this Buddy Nix is talking about drafting some OT's, lets see what happens.

There's more to being an OT than pass blocking. All of our T's have proven MORE than effective as run blockers. Put the lid back on the Hatorade, you're spilling that **** everywhere, bro.

There's more to being an OT than pass blocking. All of our T's have proven MORE than effective as run blockers. Put the lid back on the Hatorade, you're spilling that **** everywhere, bro.

When did I ever say anything to the contrary to that bolded part ?

Yea well, I'm not hating on anything or anyone. All I've been trying to do is open some other fans eyes to the fact that there is more to what transpires on the field then what the stats say.

Finally someone at OBD gets what I've been seeing.

http://www.buffalobi...88-e718580579a3

#10 OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford

Lande’s take: Proof that stats lie: The Bills allowed 29 sacks in 2011, tied for third-fewest in the NFL, but sources in Buffalo say the team's tackles "are a major concern." Martin is an elite athlete with the talent to be a top tackle. He would be an immediate upgrade on the left side.

The running game improvements this year have a great deal to do with the formations utilized by Chan Gailey, that spread offense keeps opposing defense's from stacking the box to stop the run. Did you ever see a running play this past season when this Bills team used a closed formation trying to make short yardage, it wasn't pretty, and it wasn't usually successful either.

When did I ever say anything to the contrary to that bolded part ?

Yea well, I'm not hating on anything or anyone. All I've been trying to do is open some other fans eyes to the fact that there is more to what transpires on the field then what the stats say.

Finally someone at OBD gets what I've been seeing.

http://www.buffalobi...88-e718580579a3

#10 OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford

Lande’s take: Proof that stats lie: The Bills allowed 29 sacks in 2011, tied for third-fewest in the NFL, but sources in Buffalo say the team's tackles "are a major concern." Martin is an elite athlete with the talent to be a top tackle. He would be an immediate upgrade on the left side.

The running game improvements this year have a great deal to do with the formations utilized by Chan Gailey, that spread offense keeps opposing defense's from stacking the box to stop the run. Did you ever see a running play this past season when this Bills team used a closed formation trying to make short yardage, it wasn't pretty, and it wasn't usually successful either.

I stand by what I've been saying consistently since Nix's press conference: the positions we're most likely to address with the #10 pick are CB, T, or WR.

I don't think our T's are great, but they're not "sub par."

I stand by what I've been saying consistently since Nix's press conference: the positions we're most likely to address with the #10 pick are CB, T, or WR.

I don't think our T's are great, but they're not "sub par."

They aren't elite, or Great (very few are), but they are good/good enough. And i believe Nix only said they would be looking at getting A tackle, because you can never have too many. They just gave pears an extension, so I hardly think they believe he is a problem. Too many people have it in their heads that players have to be elite/Pro-Bowlers for a team to be good. The issue on the line this year wasn't talent, it was the depth.

I don't see them drafting a tackle so early (even less likely if they can re-sign Bell). More then likely the first couple picks get used on a WR, pass rusher, and DBs from the way Nix spoke about the team