WR we could use

buffan031

Pierre Garcon

He's a free agent after the season

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

He's not that huge of a name so he shouldn't be to expensive to sign

He would be a great compliment to Stevie and in my opinion would be the best number 2 reciever option to get out of free agency

Pierre Garcon

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

He would be a great compliment to Stevie and in my opinion would be the best number 2 reciever option to get out of free agency

Pierre would be a great pickup IMO. He's only 6'0. But he plays with a ton of heart, and can be a 100 yard per game kind of guy.

This year with a shaky QB situation he had 947 yards on 70 grabs, that is over 13 YPC.

Most of all he's a Ralph "High Character" guy. I've met Pierre when he was still in college (recruiting trip to Mount Union) and he was just an all around nice guy. He's also done a lot for Haiti. I'd love to see the guy in a Bills uniform.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by STLBILLS15

Pierre Garcon

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

How about Laurent Robinson from Dallas? He's also very young and what he did in Dallas when Austin went down was pretty dang good...Garcon bennefitted from a healthy Manning, Wayne, Clark, and a rediculously good O-Line. Not saying he's not any good, but Robinson did what he did on an inferior team. With the contract they gave Austin this year, the addition and emergence of Dez Bryant and Dallas' uncanny ability to churn out WR's, he may demand a bit of a pay increase that Jones won't pay.

How about Laurent Robinson from Dallas? He's also very young and what he did in Dallas when Austin went down was pretty dang good...Garcon bennefitted from a healthy Manning, Wayne, Clark, and a rediculously good O-Line. Not saying he's not any good, but Robinson did what he did on an inferior team. With the contract they gave Austin this year, the addition and emergence of Dez Bryant and Dallas' uncanny ability to churn out WR's, he may demand a bit of a pay increase that Jones won't pay.

Laurent Robinson would be good. But as stated above Garcon had a good year this year without Manning and a horrible quarterback situation. 70 catches, 947 yards and 6 TD's not bad for having Painter and Orlovsky throwing you the ball

He had almost 1000 yards this season without Manning. Comparing the 2 teams and you called the Cowboys the inferior team?! You do realize the Colts finished with 2 wins and the #1 overall pick right?

Pierre Garcon

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

I think he would be a great pick up for this team. Not only can he run deep, but he is very good underneath as well. The only knock on him is, like stevie, he drops a lot of balls. Actually I have always thought Garcon and SJ were very similar players, with Garcon probably having a little more speed.

Still, people have been talking about guys like VJ, who while very good is more of a pure vertical threat. I think the Bills need a guy like Garcon, or Bowe, that can catch the ball underneath AND stretch the field when needed.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Pierre Garcon

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

Get him and Dwayne Bowe, Resign Stevie. NO EXCUSES ON OFFENSE!!!!

Pierre Garcon

He's young at 25

He's a deep threat

Agreed Garcon would be great - but is Ralph too cheap to spring for the extra lettering material for the tail on the 'C' on his jersey?? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I suspect that at age 25 he's the sort of guy the Colts are going to work hard to keep.

Reggie Wayne they will let walk bacause they have let it be known are trying to start over with a new young roster.

He had almost 1000 yards this season without Manning. Comparing the 2 teams and you called the Cowboys the inferior team?! You do realize the Colts finished with 2 wins and the #1 overall pick right?

LOL!!! I guess I should have read the first reply!! Indi was an afterthought this year and I had no Idea he played as well as he did...pardon my ignorance, and jumping the gun to spew my opinion...my bad!!

That being said, and aside from being OK with either in a Bills uni, I'd like to see them go after Bowe. Even with re-signing SJ13, the comments Nix made about another WR leads me to Billieve they'll go after a bigger name, albeit uncharacteristic.

I'm for Bowe. UFA, knows Gailey and is a big, speedy, physical type Buddy was talking about.

I agree with you. "big, speedy, physical" is Bowe for sure. I don't think Nix was putting up a smokescreen. He wants someone to make it difficult for opposing OC's, a "pick your poison" kind of player. Jackson-Stevie-Bowe would create havoc IMHO.

Robinson would be good, yes, but Garcon had a decent year on an inferior team last year.

Garcon would be an excellent pickup. But, if Peyton is still the QB, I seriously doubt that with Wayne and Garcon both free agents they are going to let Garcon (more upside) go if they have to choose between the two. And, if you ask Gacon who he prefer catching passes from, Peyton or Fitz, we know the answer.

But again... it all hinges on what goes down in regards to Peyton and a whole lot of decisions the Colts have to make... especially on defense and cap space.

Pierre would be a great pickup IMO. He's only 6'0. But he plays with a ton of heart, and can be a 100 yard per game kind of guy.

This year with a shaky QB situation he had 947 yards on 70 grabs, that is over 13 YPC.

Most of all he's a Ralph "High Character" guy. I've met Pierre when he was still in college (recruiting trip to Mount Union) and he was just an all around nice guy. He's also done a lot for Haiti. I'd love to see the guy in a Bills uniform.

Just my 2 cents.

We don't need a monster at receiver, though it would be nice. We need someone to stretch the field. Garscon definitely does that. I think his hands are a little inconsistent but he is a much better version of Donald Jones. For as much crap as everyone gives Fitz about his long ball, he gave Jones a ton of chances to make plays earlier in the year. He just wasn't capable.

Garcon is a nice player. I wouldnt be opposed that move. How is he as a route runner? Admittedly i don't know much about him

I compare him to SJ (Garcon is probably faster though), he can get open, and makes nice sharp cuts. My impression of him, is that he runs good medium to intermediate routes, and often breaks them for big plays. I think that's perfect for the Bills offense, he does have the speed to go down field when needed too. SJ can go deep as well, they just rarely try it.

Also like SJ though, Garcon drops plenty of passes.

Someone mentioned the Gailey connection to Bowe, that is an excellent point. And another guy that I think would really fit into Gailey's offense, he would probably be my first choice, with Garcon coming in second. I am a little nervous about a pure deep threat like VJ, and how well Gailey/Fitz could get him involved in the offense.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I have high hopes as well but realistically look at our plan that we have implemented. Late round picks and UFAs. I'm not saying that to be negative but I think that is just our general strategy. That being said we have gone against it before where we give retreads and people looking to get their career back on track. We did get Owens. We did get Lofton way back in the day. We did get peerless price back even though he didn't pan out.

"Garcon, what is this fly doing in my soup?" "That's the backstroke, sir."

youtube.com/watch?v=1ACoyiKXeTs

I've watched the guy play before, but after seeing those highlights in quick succession, he strikes me as being a Stevie clone!

No way Indy lets him walk...

A deep threat when our QB cant throw a deep ball?

When Peyton Manning is your quarterback, every receiver on the field is a deep threat.

Unless they spend their first round pick on a big time pass rusher then the bills need to go with the receiver who was the beast of the bowl games, OSU's Blackmon. It may, or may NOT, be a stretch to say he single handedly beat Stanford! I didn't see anyone even close to controlling a game in any of the bowl games the way he did.

Leaving aside stevie johnson's self-centered, childish antics where he put himself before the team, he's a GREAT #2 receiver. But not a number one. Much like former Bill, Pearless Price.

Unless they spend their first round pick on a big time pass rusher then the bills need to go with the receiver who was the beast of the bowl games, OSU's Blackmon. It may, or may NOT, be a stretch to say he single handedly beat Stanford! I didn't see anyone even close to controlling a game in any of the bowl games the way he did.

Leaving aside stevie johnson's self-centered, childish antics where he put himself before the team, he's a GREAT #2 receiver. But not a number one. Much like former Bill, Pearless Price.

Blackmon would be great, but I think he'll go top 5. That could change, of course, if he does poorly at the combine or in individual interviews.

V Jack seems like a bit of a headache (much like Stevie is at times), and Garcon will probably be resigned. Bowe seems a likely option, even though his hands are a bit questionable as well. But, from what I've watched of KC recently (which isn't much), he has seemed to put a lot of his dropping issues behind him.

I believe the phrasing would properly finish...

...Sir i believe that would be the back stroke.

Much better punch and perspective :rolleyes: Delivery is the key Mr. Bot to this type of humor. i did laugh thanks.

Garcon would be a great addition for his range of skill as compared to Bowe who is also what most of us would like to have on the field with stevie. If garcon would even be available ?. But i would guess that won't happen. we wont get into a bidding war with them for him and they will want to retain him as mentioned by folks above.

i would like to ask this? Honestly, do we need a deep threat with Fitz? I think as an NFL team we do. But maybe not us not now is my current opine. I think we need a receiver like garcon or himself actaully. Good call on that OP!

Garcon would be an excellent pickup. But, if Peyton is still the QB, I seriously doubt that with Wayne and Garcon both free agents they are going to let Garcon (more upside) go if they have to choose between the two. And, if you ask Gacon who he prefer catching passes from, Peyton or Fitz, we know the answer.

But again... it all hinges on what goes down in regards to Peyton and a whole lot of decisions the Colts have to make... especially on defense and cap space.

If they pay a 28 million dollar roster bonus they will not have the money to bring back Wayne and Garcon. Then they probably go with Wayne on a three year deal. If they let Peyton go, my bet is they let Wayne walk too and sign Garcon to a 7 year deal. Pair him with Luck, sign a FA tackle and, then draft three more offensive lineman and a TE.

If they pay a 28 million dollar roster bonus they will not have the money to bring back Wayne and Garcon. Then they probably go with Wayne on a three year deal. If they let Peyton go, my bet is they let Wayne walk too and sign Garcon to a 7 year deal. Pair him with Luck, sign a FA tackle and, then draft three more offensive lineman and a TE.

I disagree. Waynes 32 years old, and the Colts are rebuilding. Unless Wayne agrees to a significant hometown discount, he's gone IMO. Garcon should be the Colts top offseason priority.

I think he would be a great pick up for this team. Not only can he run deep, but he is very good underneath as well. The only knock on him is, like stevie, he drops a lot of balls. Actually I have always thought Garcon and SJ were very similar players, with Garcon probably having a little more speed.

Still, people have been talking about guys like VJ, who while very good is more of a pure vertical threat. I think the Bills need a guy like Garcon, or Bowe, that can catch the ball underneath AND stretch the field when needed.

Huh....stevie drops a lot of passes????

Stevie doesn't drop a lot of balls. He catches most of the balls thrown to him and it's not even close. And VJ can catch balls underneath as well. But with the Bills that's what Stevie's forte is. Garcon would be a good pick up though. Or Meachem or Manningham. The Bills need a guy to stretch the field. Stevie and Nelson can do the underneath stuff as well as Fred and CJ.

Edited by purple haze