Dont Be Surprised To See Stevie Sign With...

31 other teams will be ready to offer him a deal. A 25 year old reciever coming off back to back 1000 yard seasons? Yup Ill sign that to my team anyday.... But god forbid he has fun

Does fun have to go 15 yards for the other team?

That's OK we'll get Vince Jackson and then get little Welker too :devil: :devil:

Why do we need Welker- how many times have people equated Parrish to Welker :devil:

Edited by Adam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be laughable if he signs elsewhere. We have zero WRs capable of starting for any team in the league as it is. If we let him go, we may as well cut fitz because he'll be even worse. Just give up on the next 2 years and hopefully we can get back to back #1 picks (a qb and a stud on d or LT). 7.5 mill for Stevie would've been perfect. Good luck getting VJ, bowe or welker to come here. Best we can do is sign another Quinn early type schmuck that will collect a paycheck and will contribute nothing.

We better sign Stevie.

writing is on the wall... Stevie is good as gone

not sure what the next move for the franchise is, but if it's not to trade up in the draft, it's definitely in the WRONG direction

alot of the folks that post here think its a mistake to trade up. i think if you are sold on a guy, at a position of need,you should move up to get him. we need pass rush badly. find the best, go get him.

31 other teams will be ready to offer him a deal. A 25 year old reciever coming off back to back 1000 yard seasons? Yup Ill sign that to my team anyday.... But god forbid he has fun

When the fun is being selfish and costing your team 15 yards?

Yeah, thats just the type of thing coaches love and want out of their players

1325802140[/url]' post='2355714']

They want production. He's the only Wr that can produce. We lose him, we have none. Signing another Wr capable of being a #1 = unlikely. Kiss 2012 goodbye

They want production. He's the only Wr that can produce. We lose him, we have none. Signing another Wr capable of being a #1 = unlikely. Kiss 2012 goodbye

We would be better with him, but we lost with him and can lose without him.

but we can all agree--his immature actions have hurt this team.

Not really - not in any meaningful way. As already stated - most kickoffs end in touchbacks anyway - not too big a deal.

You have to SCORE a TD to get a celebration penalty. We've had far too few players get into position for that flag.

What he has done to hurt the team is DROP MULTIPLE EASY PASSES FOR TDs.

I'd still ike to see him resigned - and I don't think 7.5M is too much, but I doubt the stories that that's all he wants.

We'll see.

He's 25 and and a very good WR talent. How many of us were all that mature when we were 25? I hate the fact he's been a fool at times and has the dropsies here and there, but the guy is a legitimate WR that will only GET BETTER the next few years. Why do we want to let him go "get better" with some other franchise? Ridiculous for the FO to not see this and keep him here.

(raise one eyebrow) 31 other teams ready to pay $10 million a year (per Chris Brown)?

Stevie rates #19 in yards this year. 14 teams have a player who ranks higher than SJ in receiving yards. 4 of those 14 teams have 2 such receivers. An additional 5 teams have receivers within 50 yds of SJ.

Stevie rates #18 in catches this year. 11 teams have a player who ranks higher than SJ in catches. 4 of those 11 teams have 2 or 3 such receivers.

1) what is their motivation to pay top-10 money for a #19 WR when they already have one?

2) what is Stevie's motivation to move to a team where he'd have to share the yards and attention with 1 or 2 other top wideouts? I don't think he's just about money at this point, he wants numbers and success

At the other end are teams which are likely not in the market for an expensive FA WR....that isn't their focus in FA

If you told me there are perhaps 10 teams which would be a good match for Stevie and will likely pursue him, I'd be more ready to believe that.

Bottom line: The Bills need SJ more than he needs them . . . if they don't resign him, it will be a huge set-back for whatever progress was made this season. If they can't come to a longterm deal, I say Franchise him, and give yourself a year to work out a new deal.

I've been following the Bills since they had silver helmets, and I've seen them do some monumentally dumb things over the years .... but if they let S.J. walk it will be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Everybody needs to settle down ... he's one of the best recievers the Bills have seen in a long LOOOOOOOOONG time, and OBD knows it. Steves problem is he is very immature and Chan etal are treating him as such ... kind of the equivalent of sending your child to his room to "think about" what he or she has done.

IMHO OBD will do everything in their power to sign Steve before he officially becomes a free agent ... but they are going to let him feel a bit unloved for a while. Again IMHO, Steve will be a Bill next year unless his salary demands border on the rediculous.

The Buffalo Bills aren't even a AAA minor league team for the rest of the NFL, they're officially in AA territory.

I'd hate to see what #1 Bills Hater would say. :rolleyes:

I thought he was pining for the fjords?

Pining for the FEE-ORDS???

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the Bills let Stevie walk, then despite being a fan for MORE THAN FORTY YEARS I am going to have a hard time caring about anything they do. I don't think he's a great receiver (yet) or ever a very smart one (he does lots of stupid things), but letting guys like him go is a cast iron indication that they will never get seriously better.

I think I need a break from this silly team.

Stevie is an asset to this team, but we can all agree--his immature actions have hurt this team.

Apparently the answer to that is 'no'. I continue to see idiots posting about it as though a 15 yard flag after every touchdown would be perfectly acceptable, just as long as everyone was having "fun". And here I thought the purpose of football games at the professional level was to win them.

What he has done to hurt the team is DROP MULTIPLE EASY PASSES FOR TDs.

This is where I'm at. The celebration penalties are dumb and hurt the team, but it's the big time crunch time drops that bother me.

We're trying to get beyond the old "find new ways to lose" and "hard to play, easy to beat" Bills. Stevie seems like a throw back to that.

I won't hate it completely if we do re sign him, but if we don't I won't pitch a fit and renounce my Bills fandom either.

I want winners.

"It's not how many passes you catch or how many yards you get, it's do you catch the big pass when the game is on the line?" - HOF Michael Irvin responding to SJ's 2011 Jets drop

Apparently the answer to that is 'no'. I continue to see idiots posting about it as though a 15 yard flag after every touchdown would be perfectly acceptable, just as long as everyone was having "fun".

I'm old school, I think winning is fun.

The best way to get even with a team dissing you in your own house when they have a big lead is to whip their A$$ in their own house when you got the chance, not pretending you're an airplane.

Edited by reddogblitz

Let me ask this, Erick Pears had two holding penalties in one game, effectively killing 2 drives. why isn't anyone complaining about him?

Hell I bet you could find 3/4 of the offensive line, with false starts and holding penalties and hands to the face, had more penalty yardage than Stevie. Idk why everyone gets so caught up on the 15 yards. The line certainly has cause drives to stall and we miss out on points.

At least his yardage comes after we actually have scored. I'll take that over a holding penalty that takes us out of field goal range or kills a drive.

Let me ask this, Erick Pears had two holding penalties in one game, effectively killing 2 drives. why isn't anyone complaining about him?

Hell I bet you could find 3/4 of the offensive line, with false starts and holding penalties and hands to the face, had more penalty yardage than Stevie. Idk why everyone gets so caught up on the 15 yards. The line certainly has cause drives to stall and we miss out on points.

At least his yardage comes after we actually have scored. I'll take that over a holding penalty that takes us out of field goal range or kills a drive.

All the penalties you describe happen in the course of a game. What Johnson does is just a cry for attention and unnecessary. I'm stunned some people don't see the difference.

PTR