The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

You are right and wrong at the same time I guess. I get that Claiborne is not the current Honey Badger, but he certainly deserves to still be remembered with that title. RGIII is the current Heisman but that doesn't make Cam Newton or Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow any less of a Heisman. Claiborne is no longer at LSU but as you point out he was their best CB in 2011 and earned the title Honey Badger even if the new guy has it now. I think his name is Tyron Matthews or something along those lines and he is good too.

Personally, if the Bills get Claiborne I would like to seem him turn into an All-Pro and earn that title. He can tell his kids he was a honey badger but this is the pros. Focusing on the past glory won't help earn future glory. Hopefully he'll be an all pro before he leaves, unlike Donte.

Dude, you played on a team that made it to the NFC championship game. Leave the disappointments of your B-lo days behind and enjoy current events.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It behooves the Rams to get a trade worked out now. Once FA hits, Manning and Flynn might both be targeted by the teams looking to trade up to get RGIII, leaving 1 team in the cold, and the price for the pick goes down. If I'm the Browns, I tell the Rams that 2-1st rounders is enough to move up 2 spots, while ensuring them that they still get their guy.

To say the Bills don't have the bullets is absurd.

Think about it… unless the NFL ceased to exist, the Bills have almost limitless, infinite bullets to fire in acquiring the 2nd pick overall.

If you don't understand this, you're not thinking hard enough.

OK, what do you think the Bills would have as an attractive offer to a team picking in the top 10 desperate to take a QB (essentially we're talking about the Browns and the Skins, Maybe the Fins)? The Bills number 10 pick is going to bring the Rams...what? And a top 10 or 15 pick next year? And a bunch of 2nd, 3rds, etc? The pressure is really on the Browns to make a trade or gamble that RG3 will be there at 4 because the Rams and Vikes aren't taking him and no on made them a good ehough offer to trade down to.

I seem to remember a story where Belicheat would bring in all of the high ranked qbs for an interview. It wasn't because they were going to draft him but so he could pick their brain. That way he would have insight into their thought process when he had to face them. If this is whats going on :thumbsup: .

Also Chan has stated his preference for running qbs as the poster above stated maybe they will look into making a move. Either way its good to do some homework.

Finally, maybe this is what Ralph meant when he said we need some runners :ph34r:

Head coaches are going to interview a kid who has never played but college ball to see how he runs a pro style offense in order to game plan for their eventual/possible meeting in the season?

Nah.

I don't want the Bills to draft a CB, Lord knows.

But if Claiborne falls to 10 and the Bills can't trade out, he's a no-brainer. You're talking about one of the best 3 or 4 players in the draft. Teams don't get worse by taking top-five talents.

^^ THIS

Regardless if the Bills need a CB or not, IMO they do, you take Claiborne if he there at 10. IF he is there and they don't take him, there had better be someone like Luck, Griffith or Kalil there that they opted for instead. The guy is a stud and playmaker and you don't pass on playmakers to take a DE at 10 just because you need one.

I am a believer that if you are picking in the top half of the 1st round, you definitely grab BPA. If that BPA is also in a position of need for you, it's a no brainer. I don't think you reach (Maybin or Whitner) in the 1st for a player because he fills a need and you especially don't if your team is seriously lacking in the playmaker department, which the Bills have been completely lacking for a decade.

Especially given that RG III and Chan Gailey are tailor made for each other. This is very intriguing news. If the Bills see him as the "game changer" needed to propel this franchise to the top then they will probably make a serious play for him.

Just saw a report that a "team that you would never expect" is in the mix for the Rams' 2nd overall pick...I know it's a stretch, but I'll feed the trolls...SURPRISE TEAM

Just saw a report that a "team that you would never expect" is in the mix for the Rams' 2nd overall pick...I know it's a stretch, but I'll feed the trolls...SURPRISE TEAM

Per someone on twitter, and its completely rumor, the jets were mentioned as a team interested in Griffin. And frankly, that franchise has the balls to give up 3 #1's to go get him.

Head coaches are going to interview a kid who has never played but college ball to see how he runs a pro style offense in order to game plan for their eventual/possible meeting in the season?

Nah.

I can't be the only one who remembers this. I tried looking but couldn't find a link. Does anyone else remember this?

Anyway, I think this is much ado about nothing. I think it is all posturing on the Rams price to drive up what the Browns will be willing to pay for the pick. I feel they don't want to move out of the top 4 where they are assured of either Kalil or Blackmon who will both immediately help Bradford. If they move to 6 it is somewhat of a crapshoot who they end up with. The only way I see them being comfortable with this is if they have a different tackle rated as high as kalil.

Per someone on twitter, and its completely rumor, the jets were mentioned as a team interested in Griffin. And frankly, that franchise has the balls to give up 3 #1's to go get him.

Unfortunately I agree totally. I can say with almost certainty we aren't the "surprise team".

Last year the Falcons gave up the first (27), second, and fourth round picks, and future first and fourth round picks to move up from 27 to 6. If that is the ballpark of what it would take to move up from 10 to 2 it only makes sense that Nix would interview RGIII.

I think the talk of 3 1s and 2 2s for RGIII is silly fan speculation; no team in their right mind would give up that kind of haul for a single unproven player. In reality I think the Rams are going to get a package closer to what the Falcons gave up.

Heard a discussion today that Rams want a Manning like deal to give up the 2 spot. Thats 2 firsts a 3rd and a 5th. So we could use our 2012 and 2013 first round picks along with 3rd and fifth to land RG3. Reports say Rams have discussed the trade with Clev, Miami and Wash and one wild card team one would not expect to be considering. Personally if Buddy and Chan think this guy can be the franchis Id make the trade. we can get pass rusher in 2nd round and FA.

Last year the Falcons gave up the first (27), second, and fourth round picks, and future first and fourth round picks to move up from 27 to 6. If that is the ballpark of what it would take to move up from 10 to 2 it only makes sense that Nix would interview RGIII.

I think the talk of 3 1s and 2 2s for RGIII is silly fan speculation; no team in their right mind would give up that kind of haul for a single unproven player. In reality I think the Rams are going to get a package closer to what the Falcons gave up.

I think you are both right and wrong - right in that the speculation of three 1s is crazy stuff. Wrong in your comparison from the standpoint of the #2 pick is much more valuable than the #6 plus what is at stake is not the top WR on the Board but a (supposed) FRANCHISE QB. I believe the final trade Team Unknown to Rams will be 2 1s and a number of extra picks from 2012 and possibly 2013. Bills would have to give up 2012 and 2013 1st rounders plus multiple picks in 2012 and 2013. A QUALITY player may also be required. It all depends on who is bidding and how much. It could get crazy. The Mario Williams $$$ bidding WILL be massive - count on it. The contract will be 3 digits ($100 mill +++) depending on the number of years and the guaranteed moola.

That's honestly the winner, if you aren't making fun of guys refusing to look past color

I was being 100% serious. It's so stupid and lazy to compare players solely based on their race (in fairness, it's silly to compare any players really). But I see a lot of Young in RG3. They are both mobile but look to pass first. They are both very smart and wanted to be lawyers. Their college stats are also very similiar. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/steve-young-1.html

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/378497/robert-griffin-iii

Again, I think Fitz gets too much blame. Our defense and receivers simply aren't good enough. I like what Nix is building through the draft and I do think draft picks are very valuable (you get a chance to get franchise players at good prices). However, I'm completely open to the idea of just rolling the dice fpr RG3. We have tried every other way to get a franchise QB since Kelly left. Let's go big.

Heard a discussion today that Rams want a Manning like deal to give up the 2 spot. Thats 2 firsts a 3rd and a 5th. So we could use our 2012 and 2013 first round picks along with 3rd and fifth to land RG3. Reports say Rams have discussed the trade with Clev, Miami and Wash and one wild card team one would not expect to be considering. Personally if Buddy and Chan think this guy can be the franchis Id make the trade. we can get pass rusher in 2nd round and FA.

The Rams aren't going to go for Peyton. It doesn't make sense since they invested the first pick overall for Sam Bradford. They are however looking to trade the pick. Cleveland who sits at #4 would have to give up both of their firsts THIS year and at least a 5th is being discussed. It would take a lot more than that for us to move up from #10 and we have too many holes to fill to gamble on a QB when what he have is sufficient given our other needs.

Fitz has the contract, the support of the coach, the support of the front office and has proven how good he can be when the team around him, specifically his WRs and OL, are healthy. If we improve a defense that gave up 27.1 pts a week our offense won't be required to score around 28 per game just to be .500. The team will be better as a whole if we use our resources to fill our much more obvious and deep holes.

I think you are both right and wrong - right in that the speculation of three 1s is crazy stuff. Wrong in your comparison from the standpoint of the #2 pick is much more valuable than the #6 plus what is at stake is not the top WR on the Board but a (supposed) FRANCHISE QB. I believe the final trade Team Unknown to Rams will be 2 1s and a number of extra picks from 2012 and possibly 2013. Bills would have to give up 2012 and 2013 1st rounders plus multiple picks in 2012 and 2013. A QUALITY player may also be required. It all depends on who is bidding and how much. It could get crazy. The Mario Williams $$$ bidding WILL be massive - count on it. The contract will be 3 digits ($100 mill +++) depending on the number of years and the guaranteed moola.

Fair enough, that may be what it takes to move up to 2 (although I don't understand your point about Mario Williams). And your right -- it is a QB and not a WR that one would have to move up to get. But if I was in charge of the Rams and I was offered something like what you described I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough. Getting a proven player and that kind of draft haul would be a great step in straightening out the franchise.

I understand being excited about RGIII, but he's one unproven player. There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect and high draft picks flame out all the time. If you take that kind of gamble and miss, you're screwed for several years.

Edited by janicks

That deal was to move 3 spots and it included another QB which by your logic counts for a few picks. We are trying to move up 8 spots. Its going to cost us much more than that

The Rams aren't going to go for Peyton. It doesn't make sense since they invested the first pick overall for Sam Bradford. They are however looking to trade the pick. Cleveland who sits at #4 would have to give up both of their firsts THIS year and at least a 5th is being discussed. It would take a lot more than that for us to move up from #10 and we have too many holes to fill to gamble on a QB when what he have is sufficient given our other needs.

Fitz has the contract, the support of the coach, the support of the front office and has proven how good he can be when the team around him, specifically his WRs and OL, are healthy. If we improve a defense that gave up 27.1 pts a week our offense won't be required to score around 28 per game just to be .500. The team will be better as a whole if we use our resources to fill our much more obvious and deep holes.

The post did not mention anything about "going to go for Peyton". It stated the Rams want a "Manning-like deal", which refers to the haul San Diego received when they traded Eli to the Giants.

And yes, shooting for .500 should be the goal of every franchise.

Edited by Marauder24

I don't want the Bills to draft a CB, Lord knows.

But if Claiborne falls to 10 and the Bills can't trade out, he's a no-brainer. You're talking about one of the best 3 or 4 players in the draft. Teams don't get worse by taking top-five talents.

Agreed...

But realistically there is probably less than a 1% chance that Claiborne lasts till #10...Folks can come up with any scenarios they want to...But he's the #1 DB in the Draft by a bit...And he's 100 times the Prospect Joe Haden was...And Haden went #7 Overall in 2010...

Just can't see Claiborne dropping to #10 overall whatsoever... B-)

Mortenson forgot we just paid a guy $59 million to be our starter the next 5 seasons.Here's our road map back to the playoffs: Look RG3 is the real deal but will likely need the 2-3 year ramp that every QB including Manning and Newton required. Like CardinalScouts said we are in a win now mode.

Step 1 is resign SJ13. Step 2 get a quality veteran pass rusher. Step 3 nail the draft and get a quality pass rusher, wideout, and add depth.

Newton was a top 10 QB right out of the box.

It behooves the Rams to get a trade worked out now. Once FA hits, Manning and Flynn might both be targeted by the teams looking to trade up to get RGIII, leaving 1 team in the cold, and the price for the pick goes down. If I'm the Browns, I tell the Rams that 2-1st rounders is enough to move up 2 spots, while ensuring them that they still get their guy.

It would behoove those teams, then, to not make a deal until they miss out on Flynn or Manning. And if they do, the Rams number 2 pick will bring even more value to the Rams.

That deal was to move 3 spots and it included another QB which by your logic counts for a few picks. We are trying to move up 8 spots. Its going to cost us much more than that

Rams dont think they need a QB but adding our #10 slot 3rd and fifth give them room to build team. Could we throw in a player Rams would want to free up the other picks?