The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

assuming you consider RG III a "franchise" QB.....and it costs say swapping this years #1's PLUS two additional first round picks (2013 & 2014) or the scenario above...you do it !!

people OVER VALUE draft choices. besides being an unproven crapshoot....you haven't "given" up anything.....you have "freed" yourself from alloting salary cap space for an unproven rookie.... you can use that money on PROVEN free agents.

i would trade 3 first round draft choices for Andrew Luck in a hearbeat, i have seen alot of his games. i have not seen RG III alot, but my limited impression is he compares favorably to Michael Vick (absent the baggage). would i trade 3 first round picks for a young michael vick?...YES !!!...in a heartbeat. the fact that Buddy is sniffing around RG III, just reinforces my thoughts that if the 3rd best QB in this draft (Tannehill) is there at #10, they may just pull the trigger. i myself think the BEST AVAIL PLAYER at #10 will be the Stanford guard David Decastro....next Melvin Ingram....then the OT Jonathan Martin.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a defense it matters little who our QB is.. Period! I wouldn't trade the farm for any rookie QB, not a chance! Way to risky. Fitz can win in this league as long as the defense is solid (Ala New York Jets and Sanchez) so don't tell me that we need a QB first, I say baloney!

Tim-

i would trade 3 first round draft choices for Andrew Luck in a hearbeat, i have seen alot of his games. i have not seen RG III alot, but my limited impression is he compares favorably to Michael Vick (absent the baggage). would i trade 3 first round picks for a young michael vick?...YES !!!...in a heartbeat. the fact that Buddy is sniffing around RG III, just reinforces my thoughts that if the 3rd best QB in this draft (Tannehill) is there at #10, they may just pull the trigger. i myself think the BEST AVAIL PLAYER at #10 will be the Stanford guard David Decastro....next Melvin Ingram....then the OT Jonathan Martin.

I agree with you that draft picks have become somewhat overvalued, but the bolded part has to be a joke right?

By the way, remember the first year Snyder took over the Skins and spent an assload of money on aging vets? I think they went 8-8 that year. I don't think its possible to be competitive without strong drafts.

edit: misread the "young" part.

Edited by janicks

assuming you consider RG III a "franchise" QB.....and it costs say swapping this years #1's PLUS two additional first round picks (2013 & 2014) or the scenario above...you do it !!

people OVER VALUE draft choices. besides being an unproven crapshoot....you haven't "given" up anything.....you have "freed" yourself from alloting salary cap space for an unproven rookie.... you can use that money on PROVEN free agents.

Ya the Steelers, patriots, and Packers really over value those draft picks

Your entire first paragraph of that post is irrelevant without the topic sentence. We know that the Rams are trying to deal the pick....hence the reference to the "Manning-like deal" they are looking to score.

I agree with you about having a better defense. I've never stated otherwise.

I also still maintain, as always, that I do not think Fitz can get us to the playoffs.

Man you love to argue the meaningless minutia don't you?

If you agree that the defense is a big problem why are you so focused on wasting so many picks for the fantasy of moving up for a POTENTIAL upgrade at QB? When everyone was healthy we were scoring enough points to win and go to the play offs. How about we fix the glaring weakness on defense?

Between several of our picks, FA and a new defensive coordinator we should be able to see a huge improvement. Couple that with a healthy offense and we should be play off bound. I know the offense is capable of scoring enough points to make it to the play offs because it did when we were healthy including 4th quarter comebacks by Fitz. I also know that the defense gives up WAY too many points to make it to the play offs. If you want to make it to the play offs and potentially win a superbowl the answer is obvious.

You seem like a guy that would try to put a supercharger on a formula 1 race car without having the brakes to stop it because you don't think you have the most powerful motor in the field.

To move up 3 spots... not 8 with 3 other teams trying to get the same pick. Its going to be a high price

I wonder how many teams will end up actually going after rg3. With Manning and Flynn more than likely available I think it will remove the Redskins and Dolphins. That leaves the Browns, Seahawks, and maybe the Bills. I think that is why there is so much talk about this happening now. Before FA the Rams hold all the cards, once it starts and a couple of the pieces fall the supply/demand moves away from them.

Again I will assert that I really feel it will be the Browns who are the eventual winners in this. If the Redskins and Dolphins do end up with Manning/Flynn 1 of 2 things will happen. The Browns can sit pat and let RG3 come to them at their pick or pay less of a premium for the #2 pick. Either way I will be stunned if someone actually gives up 3 #1s to make this happen.

Also I would like to add that if the Rams did trade Bradford (say to the skins for the #6 pick) they will save themselves 26 million dollars! I have no idea why they are tied to this guy. He is/has been injury plagued if not prone and has a huge cap number. Being just 2 years removed from being the #1 he may be able to fetch a decent haul. Imagine the Rams draft if they got the skins #6 and #38. It would give the Rams 4 picks in the first 38! On top of saving 26 mill it seems to be a good deal for both sides (even slightly slanted in favor of the Redskins).

trade up with Jacksonville and draft Robert Griffin III...

next year we have a double headed MONSTER of Freddy and CJ running the ball. Healthy wide receivers, and big Tight End's to throw under...

most importantly, with RG3 our o-line will have less pressure as he can manipulate the pocket almost every play...

defenses will have a field day trying to guard the multiple options we can run every down (opens up Brad Smith even more)...

_________

Kyle Williams back, and Dareus with experience our d-line is back in bizz...

Aaron Williams with experience and our secondary creates more turnovers (like we saw in the beginning of the year)

_________

we had a great draft last year and can afford to trade up, not to mention the Lynch trade pick we can move...

DO IT BILLS, DO IT!

why not trade up for Luck.

I wonder how many teams will end up actually going after rg3. With Manning and Flynn more than likely available I think it will remove the Redskins and Dolphins. That leaves the Browns, Seahawks, and maybe the Bills. I think that is why there is so much talk about this happening now. Before FA the Rams hold all the cards, once it starts and a couple of the pieces fall the supply/demand moves away from them.

Again I will assert that I really feel it will be the Browns who are the eventual winners in this. If the Redskins and Dolphins do end up with Manning/Flynn 1 of 2 things will happen. The Browns can sit pat and let RG3 come to them at their pick or pay less of a premium for the #2 pick. Either way I will be stunned if someone actually gives up 3 #1s to make this happen.

Also I would like to add that if the Rams did trade Bradford (say to the skins for the #6 pick) they will save themselves 26 million dollars! I have no idea why they are tied to this guy. He is/has been injury plagued if not prone and has a huge cap number. Being just 2 years removed from being the #1 he may be able to fetch a decent haul. Imagine the Rams draft if they got the skins #6 and #38. It would give the Rams 4 picks in the first 38! On top of saving 26 mill it seems to be a good deal for both sides (even slightly slanted in favor of the Redskins).

Manning isnt a sure thing. If you put your money into manning you could get burned and even if you dont hes 36 that team will seriously consider RG3

Manning isnt a sure thing. If you put your money into manning you could get burned and even if you dont hes 36 that team will seriously consider RG3

Wouldn't it be wild if the Colts cut Manning so Luck doesn't have to sit behind him only to have RG3 end up sitting behind him. I don't see it happening but what a crazy scenario if it did... especially if RG3 turns out better than Luck - you know it would be credited to Manning regardless of his actual impact. Manning doesn't strike me as someone who would be a mentor due to his competitiveness but I could be wrong.

It is obvious ... to everyone but you.

So a defense that gives up 27.1 pts per game is how we make the playoffs? The very worst defense(regular season) that made the play offs was the Giants who barely snuck in at 9-7 while enduring a 1-5 losing stretch because it's defense wasn't healthy gave up 25 pts. When they got hot their defense was shutting teams down. The rest of the teams that made the play offs where as low as 14 pts per game with a couple in the LOW 20's. Doesn't that tell you something?

Basically what I am trying to tell you is to actually think not just buy into the franchise QB passing league BS. Those things ARE important but there are so many other factors. What you need is a team that scores more than it gives up by a significant margin which leads to wins. With the 3rd worst defense in the league giving up points we aren't going anywhere without huge upgrades there. Even if we had any of the consensus elite QBs like Brady we aren't going to average 35+ points a week with the other talent we have to over come our defensive ineptitude.

Ignore this at your peril.

Edited by PDaDdy

So a defense that gives up 27.1 pts per game is how we make the playoffs? The very worst defense(regular season) that made the play offs was the Giants who barely snuck in at 9-7 while enduring a 1-5 losing stretch because it's defense wasn't healthy gave up 25 pts. When they got hot their defense was shutting teams down. The rest of the teams that made the play offs where as low as 14 pts per game with a couple in the LOW 20's. Doesn't that tell you something?

Basically what I am trying to tell you is to actually think not just buy into the franchise QB passing league BS. Those things ARE important but there are so many other factors. What you need is a team that scores more than it gives up by a significant margin which leads to wins. With the 3rd worst defense in the league giving up points we aren't going anywhere without huge upgrades there. Even if we had any of the consensus elite QBs like Brady we aren't going to average 35+ points a week with the other talent we have to over come our defensive ineptitude.

Ignore this at your peril.

Thinking is something you should try doing once or twice. But thank you for proving (once again) you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

Thinking is something you should try doing once or twice. But thank you for proving (once again) you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

You have mastered the art of responding with false confidence while saying nothing. Try addressing the points I bring up not making personal attacks if you dare. This forum is for discussing points and issues. You should try it sometime. Stop with the "I know you are but what am I" kid stuff. You haven't said a thing of value no doubt because you have no intelligent response to the points and questions I raised.

Edited by PDaDdy

It's a no-win situation. We've interviewed him and 50% of the posts are why are we wasting our time. If it came out that we cancelled the interview, 50% of the posts would be how we've given up; Ralph is cheap, etc . . .

Keep your options open. You never know when something lands in your lap.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/02/29/who-might-be-mystery-team-in-robert-griffin-iii-sweepstakes/?sct=hp_t2_a2&eref=sihp

Unless there are truly cap implications I do not see, it seems to me the Bills could keep Fitzy around as a placeholder.

One HIGHLY doubts the Bills would pull the trigger but it is fun to discuss during the offseason.....

You have mastered the art of responding with false confidence while saying nothing. Try addressing the points I bring up not making personal attacks if you dare. This forum is for discussing points and issues. You should try it sometime. Stop with the "I know you are but what am I" kid stuff. You haven't said a thing of value no doubt because you have no intelligent response to the points and questions I raised.

You haven't raised any points of value. And you would pick Fitz over Eli as your QB.

That says enough for me.

You haven't raised any points of value. And you would pick Fitz over Eli as your QB.

That says enough for me.

Again with nothing. I will provide what I asked you before since your reading comprehension level isn't sufficient to determine what is a question (a sentence that ends with a "?") or a point. Question in bold. Points in italics. Hope this helps ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by PDaDdy

Basically what I am trying to tell you is to actually think not just buy into the franchise QB passing league BS. Those things ARE important but there are so many other factors. What you need is a team that scores more than it gives up by a significant margin which leads to wins. With the 3rd worst defense in the league giving up points we aren't going anywhere without huge upgrades there. Even if we had any of the consensus elite QBs like Brady we aren't going to average 35+ points a week with the other talent we have to over come our defensive ineptitude. Ignore this at your peril.

Nobody has ever stated "GET QB,WIN SB IMMEDIATELY". Nor has anyone ever stated "OUR DEFENSE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE PLAYOFFS." Look at our first round draft picks on defense since 2006: Whitner, McCargo, Maybin, McKelvin, Dareus. I'd argue that Dareus is the only "impact" player in the bunch, especially for where we picked. Is a first round QB a sure thing? Absolutely not. But neither is a first round defensive player.

To state that the NFL is a passing league is BS is to, well, admit you have your head in the sand or perhaps somewhere elese the sun doesn't shine. Look at the starting QB's for the SB champs since 2004. Everyone is considered a "franchise" QB who can win games in the 4th quarter. Try and deny that. Were they good teams as well? Absolutely. I've never stated that we were awesome everywhere. However, QB is the MOST important position in the NFL, not the ONLY position, as you seem to think I think.