The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

Since Nix has taken over as GM, the Bills have traded during the draft once that I could see. They traded a 3rd and a 4th to the Cowboys for a 2nd to draft Levitre (a stiff price?). They are the antithesis of the Patriots, who trade more than anyone. I think this is a good indication that Buffalo just make their picks where they are and will just take the BPA at 10. And remember that Whaley comes from Pittsburgh, who move less than anyone.

So for all the RG3 talk or getting Cincy's 2 picks, it almost assuredly will not happen.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Nix has taken over as GM, the Bills have traded during the draft once that I could see. They traded a 3rd and a 4th to the Cowboys for a 2nd to draft Levitre (a stiff price?). They are the antithesis of the Patriots, who trade more than anyone. I think this is a good indication that Buffalo just make their picks where they are and will just take the BPA at 10. And remember that Whaley comes from Pittsburgh, who move less than anyone.

So for all the RG3 talk or getting Cincy's 2 picks, it almost assuredly will not happen.

I agree. For all of the pie in the sky theories being thrown around, you'd think people expect the front office to make amends for the most demoralizing season ever by making some huge draft splash or trade deal. They forget what team they root for.

Mortgage 2 drafts for him? No. If the Bills were close to being a complete team and only needed a QB then maybe, but not with the laundry list of needs that they have now.

Give up 2 1st rounder for RG3 all day!!!! The Bills would be in a much better situation if we gave up half of our first rounders in the last 10 years!!!! Mortgage them all!!!!

Why not TRADE fitz and some picks to Saint Louis for RGIII?

St. Louis can always use a good backup behind bradford. And by trading fitz you solve 2 problems. You dump his salary, and you have to give up fewer picks to move up. In fact, throw freddy in too. They can use somebody behind Steven Jackson.

Lets think outside the box a little here, fellas.

STUPID, STUPID.... AND WHY WOULD ST LOUIS WANNA PAY FITZ ALL THAT MONEY TO BACK UP BRADFORD?????

But the Rams are in a position of power now, so waiting wouldn't be in their best interest.

... sure, but it takes two to tango. Just because the Rams want to trade the pick now doesn't mean anyone else is going to volunteer to get fleeced.

Why not TRADE fitz and some picks to Saint Louis for RGIII?

St. Louis can always use a good backup behind bradford. And by trading fitz you solve 2 problems. You dump his salary, and you have to give up fewer picks to move up. In fact, throw freddy in too. They can use somebody behind Steven Jackson.

Lets think outside the box a little here, fellas.

I wouldn't mind this, minus of course, the Freddy part. I'm telling you right now, CJ Spiller can't get it done all by his lonesome. RG3+Freddy=Bills#2seed in the AFC playoffs! -Ok well maybe not that, but we'll at least get a wildcard spot.

Why not trade up for Luck?

Has everyone forgotten about Luck now that RGIII ran really fast in track shoes and an unitard?

If they are going to do this why wouldn't they do this in 2011 when they had the #3 overall and only needed to move up two slots to get the Arguably better prospect in Cam Newton?

This or just another QB this year who has more talent than Fitz.

Check this article out. It's from Bob Matthews in Rochester who advocates that Buffalo should trade a slew of picks to St. Louis.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120229/SPORTS0101/302290052/twobillsdrive

Read this pathetic list of Bills draft picks then you will understand why: Williams and Dareus look pretty promising in comparison.

Can you find any top-two picks in consecutive seasons that add up to the long-term value of a franchise QB?

WARNING: This list is not fun to read:

2000 — DE Erik Flowers (26) and FS Tavares Tillman (58)

2001 — CB Nate Clements (21) and DE Aaron Schobel (46)

2002 — OT Mike Williams (4) and WR Josh Reed (36)

2003 — RB Willis McGahee (23) and DE Chris Kelsay (48)

2004 — WR Lee Evans (13) and QB JP Losman (22)

2006 — S Donte Whitner and DT John McCargo (26)

2007 — RB Marshawn Lynch and LB Paul Posluszny (34)

2008 — CB Leodis McKelvin (11) and WR James Hardy (41)

2009 — DE Aaron Maybin (11) and C Eric Wood (28)

2010 — RB C.J. Spiller (9) and DT Torell Troup (41)

2011 — DT Marcell Dareus (3) and CB Aaron Williams (34).

You are assuming of course that RG3 is more Cam Newton and not Jemarcus Russell. I think in a year where the talent is in the top 5 and were not in the top 5 a crazy deal like this necessary. Lets also realize that if Fitzy gets hurt were screwed because Brad Johnson and the other dude aint got much. Fitzy is a glorified backup who was given a place to shine, but he is nothing more than a backup starting because we draft to poorly.

Seemed like a very persuasive article. But, the argument only holds water if Nix/Whaley were resposible for those poor drafts. So the only question left is: Would you trade Spiller, Troup, Dareus, Williams and effectively Fitzpatrick for RG3? I would be shocked if Nix could stand up in front of us...tell us their going to build through the draft..and then trade his drafts away for 1 player. It's more of a Russ Brandon move than a Budda Nix move.