The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

I find it crazy that everyone here is so sold that rg3 is going to be an elite franchise qb. Cam newton was at least a proven winner wherever he went and I am glad we didn't draft him cause he has a horrible attitude. I'm not saying that rg3 won't be good but I just don't understand why everyone thinks he will be an elite franchise qb for a decade. He is smaller than any other qb in the league and although he will state that he is a passer not a runner he is going to the run the football and mark my words there will not be many seasons where he starts all 16 games. I can agree that we need a franchise qb soon but I don't want rg3 I'm just not as sold. I think better opportunities will come along next year without us having to give up our whole draft for him.

WTH ?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderators,

Hey maybe it's not my place but the top topics are littered with what is essentially the same thread of how Fitz sucks and trade up to get RG3. One thread is even called "DRAFT A WR IN THE FIRST" then goes on to say nothing at all about WRs and is another bash Fitz get RG3 thread. There are at least 1 or 2 new ones that are popping up everyday saying the same thing.

Would the community be better served to merge these to remove all the clutter so we can see other issues to discuss like realistic scenarios of who we might draft or trade for? :worthy:

Oh....and PLEASE!!!

Why don't you start a "Fitzy is our man and we need to learn to accept it" thread. Guess what It'll turn into? An RG3 thread because everybody is tired of losing and we KNOW Fitzpatrick in not the answer. Griffin 3 may not be the answer but we KNOW that Fitzpatick is not. Mediocrity is accepted by some but not by those who want to win and by win I mean win it all.... not just have "relevant" games in November.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

This line sums up Fitz perfectly in my opinion.

As to the rest of your well thought out post, I can't disagree in theory with what you are saying.

But a couple of points if I may ...

1) It is not in Nix's DNA, in my opinion, to go all-in and make this kind of a deal.

2) This is year 3 of the ChaNix era. Years 1 and 2 being utterly underwhelming. I suspect a SB isn't even entering Nix's mind. He is thinking about making the playoffs and staying a GM in the NFL.

You make good points, but come draft day I expect to see the Bills picking 10th, or there abouts, and picking whomever they feel is the best player available at the time. For better or for worse.

I don't disagree with you at all. I don't think the Bills are going to make a move for RG3 or Luck for exactly the reasons you stated.

What bothers me is what that says about the Bills as an organization. They're dinosaurs operating as if it's business as usual at OBD -- which means we can expect a lot more losing before things get better.

And they won't get better until the front office, including Ralph, is gone.

Edited by tgreg99

I don't disagree with you at all. I don't think the Bills are going to make a move for RG3 or Luck for exactly the reasons you stated.

What bothers me is what that says about the Bills as an organization. They're dinosaurs operating as if it's business as usual at OBD -- which means we can expect a lot more losing before things get better.

And they won't get better until the front office, including Ralph, is gone.

Well, it IS business as usual at OBD.

Keep the seasons numbers reasonable, a modest decline year to year is acceptable. Maybe throw in something once in a while to generate some enthusiasm among the fan base to boost sales.

As long as Mr. Wilson continues to make money (and given his 0 debt load, ability to keep payroll reasonable, and no money outlay into the Ralph, I don't see how he could possibly lose money regardless of ticket sales), and there is an extraordinary fan base willing to support the team no matter what, why go all in and get a player who may make your payroll unreasonable someday?

Try and keep the team competitive (or at least close enough where your fans think you are close to being competitive with a few breaks) as to make the team profitable. Mr. Wilson is not a multimillionaire by accident.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I find it crazy that everyone here is so sold that rg3 is going to be an elite franchise qb. Cam newton was at least a proven winner wherever he went and I am glad we didn't draft him cause he has a horrible attitude. I'm not saying that rg3 won't be good but I just don't understand why everyone thinks he will be an elite franchise qb for a decade. He is smaller than any other qb in the league and although he will state that he is a passer not a runner he is going to the run the football and mark my words there will not be many seasons where he starts all 16 games. I can agree that we need a franchise qb soon but I don't want rg3 I'm just not as sold. I think better opportunities will come along next year without us having to give up our whole draft for him.

So much crazy negativity in this post. Why can't you be happy with the losers we have and watch them win? (once in awhile)

Sadly, we're not players for Griffin.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/1/2835452/buffalo-bills-are-not-in-on-robert-griffin-iii-per-buddy-nix

This attitude is stupid and short-sighted. I wonder how much attitudes will change by April when the bean counters realize that only 142 people signed up for 2012 season tickets.

We're at a point where the situation is fluid and ever changing. I get the feeling that leading up to the draft, teams change their minds a whole lot. Not only do they change their minds, but they provide a lot of disinformation along the way.

It serves no purpose for Nix to state any interest (if he has any) in RGIII right now. He can conveniently just shrug any of this talk off by using the "too big a price" argument.

I think what he's doing is tamping down the rumor mill and hoping that at some point in the process after...P. Manning gets signed somewhere, and possibly Flynn, and teams start looking at the Tannehill option, and the Browns look at keeping their picks and instead think 2013 is their year to draft their QB...the Bills just might be in the "sweet spot" price range for RGIII.

Why don't you start a "Fitzy is our man and we need to learn to accept it" thread. Guess what It'll turn into? An RG3 thread because everybody is tired of losing and we KNOW Fitzpatrick in not the answer. Griffin 3 may not be the answer but we KNOW that Fitzpatick is not. Mediocrity is accepted by some but not by those who want to win and by win I mean win it all.... not just have "relevant" games in November.

Why did you need your own thread when there were already at least 5 others on the top threads? I won't start a Fitz is the man thread because it accomplishes nothing. We know he is our QB. Thank God buddy just recently said that we won't be trading up to #2 because it is too foolish so all you whiners can let it go, get a good cry and move on.

10. And to annoy us all, Buddy will make his pick with 13 minutes left on the clock.

Actually I appreciate that in general.

It hurts my ears listening to the talking heads while GMs sit around and waste time knowing full well who they are going to pick.

Why did you need your own thread when there were already at least 5 others on the top threads? I won't start a Fitz is the man thread because it accomplishes nothing. We know he is our QB. Thank God buddy just recently said that we won't be trading up to #2 because it is too foolish so all you whiners can let it go, get a good cry and move on.

I agree with you that Fitz is the man for the foreseeable future (at least as long as ChaNix are calling the shots).

I also think that even if Nix didn't think Fitz was his guy and he thought that Griffin was, he could not force himself to make the kind of deal it would take for the Bills to get Griffin.

I actually agree with you about something , well after you strip out the negativity in your post that is.

Edited by CodeMonkey

And with the 5th pick in the 2013 draft the Buffalo bills select....... damn should we trade up for Barkley ?? The dinosaur lives

We are all aware of your man-crush for Fitz. You don't have to sound like a little B word while displaying it.

thank you mods. i have been posting on all the rg333 forums just for this.. i bet no one will talk about him now since nix said hell no to the idea

That's cute. You are on the practice squad. though so you have some learnin' to do.

I believe the Tim Tebow thread a few years back got a few 100 pages.

Then Cam Newton thread last year really took off too.

So expect this one to climb.

Its just interesting there isn't a Luck thread anymore.

I guess all the "Matt Barkley is better than Luck" nonsense is just too goofy after Luck destroyed the combine on top of his stellar Stanford career, but it isn't too late to have 300 pages debating Luck yet.

Edited by Why So Serious?

That's cute. You are on the practice squad. though so you have some learnin' to do.

I believe the Tim Tebow thread a few years back got a few 100 pages.

Then Cam Newton thread last year really took off too.

So expect this one to climb.

Its just interesting there isn't a Luck thread anymore.

I guess all the "Matt Barkley is better than Luck" nonsense is just too goofy after Luck destroyed the combine on top of his stellar Stanford career, but it isn't too late to have 300 pages debating Luck yet.

oh thats cute you think because you have more posts than me, that makes you smart. luck is gone at number 1, rpg is gone at 2. bills said they arent trading down, so there is no point to talk about these guys anymore until we play them this year. And trying to compare Matt Barkley with luck after he destroyed in the combine is kind of dumb because Matt Barkley has a year to go to do the combine. it is like saying, michael vick destroyed his last two nfl seasons, so he is obviously better than rgIIV in the nfl. ya vick is better because he actually is in the nfl right now. sorry.

great...now i gotta read 834 posts to catch up.....

forget that...let me save others some time too....

BUDDY IS NOT TRADING UP........

ok folks, move along...nothing to see here.

Seriously. I think Nix's comments today should put this nonsense to bed. It ain't happening, and should not.