The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody is forcing anybody to click on an RG III thread.

When they are naming them "Draft a WR in the 1st Round", you open it and it says absolutely nothing about drafting a WR and it is really a bash Fitz get RG3 thread you know it's gotten bad.

I am just trying to avoid the clutter. I myself have had a thread merged because it was similar to one single other thread. We about 5 topics in the top 10 alone saying exactly the same thing.

Edited by PDaDdy

1) Buddy Nix wasn't making those Bills picks.

2) Bob Matthews is an imbecile.

3) a 1 and a 2 won't get you that 2nd pick. Try our entire draft and maybe part of 2013.

4) Did I mention Bob Matthews is an imbecile?

PTR

not so fast my friend

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/1/2835452/buffalo-bills-are-not-in-on-robert-griffin-iii-per-buddy-nix

"I've visited with (the Rams)," Nix continued, "but not about that. We talk to everybody, and we kick the tires on everybody, but if we were going to probably move either way, it'd be down, not up."

I agree that it most likely won't happen and the Bills will stay put at 10 but I don't think it is set in stone either.

Stone. Biblical Tablet. Rock.

10. And to annoy us all, Buddy will make his pick with 13 minutes left on the clock.

I'm not necessarily a fan of doing this but seriously, what FA is going to want to come here with a Turnover machine @ QB and nobody in the wings?

The reason I'd be happy with a 2-1st's 1-2nd and 1-3rd trade (If that would be enough) for RG111 is that it would increase our odds of signing free agent wideouts.

I don't if I'm more frustrated with losing or more frustrated with the fans who are satisfied with being the laughingstock of the league. At least Polian had " a set" when the Cornelius Bennett trade was made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

:thumbdown:

This has to be hands down the worst post I've ever tried to decipher on TSW! I've spent upwards of 30 minutes trying to figure it out--is it an RGIII thread or drafting a WR thread...or is it a FA WR thread...or is it a Fitz sucks thread!? I give up!

30 minutes?!?! :wallbash:

My link

Interesting article here about a "mystery" team that is looking into trading up to #2 for RG III.

Main points:

- If the bills cut Fitzpatrick before March 19, they will save $49 million of his $59 million deal.

- The bills have been stuck in mediocrity (or worse) for years and need a shot in the arm more than almost any other team.

- RG III would rejuvenate a franchise in desperate need of savior.

Lets say for the sake of argument that it would cost this years 1st round pick and next years 1st and 3rd round picks.

I know this is extreme... but would you do it?

I hope that the bills are that mystery team. Nothing against Fitz but he is a decent quarterback at best. Rg3 has the potential to change the culture of this team instantly.

1) Buddy Nix wasn't making those Bills picks.

2) Bob Matthews is an imbecile.

3) a 1 and a 2 won't get you that 2nd pick. Try our entire draft and maybe part of 2013.

4) Did I mention Bob Matthews is an imbecile?

PTR

this is what I wrote to him just now.. :)

Bob, I love ya, but are you nutz?? I point to the NJ Jets as an example of just how you can win and be competitive with an average QB but a great defense. Notwithstanding last years performance by the Jets D they went to the AFC title game in consecutive years with an average QB in Sanchez, and a top five defense. Look at the Ravens as another example. Look, RGIII looks to be the real deal, but it is still a gamble and a big one at that. Not worth giving up your future for, IMO. The Bills are one, maybe two years away from making this defense what it ought to be, and our offense last year under Fitz wasn't too shabby, especially the first part of the season. The Bills fell victim to the injury bug last year, and although all NFL teams suffer from that, our lack of depth really hurt on defense and offense. If we can avoid the injuriies next year and provide much needed depth in this years draft and perhaps next year, I see no reason why the Bills can't win with Fitzpatrick. Going after RGIII the way Bob is suggesting would be tantamount to forgetting the promise to build through the draft, and put a quality well-rounded team on the field. The Bills are close, and if we can limit the imjuies we can compete.. I understand Bob's enthusiasm for a top QB prospect but he is unproven at this level, and too much in terms of our future to take that gamble.

Shere insanity..

Tim-

The article recommends a Ditka-like trade. How did that work for Ditka?

I agree Fitz isn't an elite QB. But to mortgage the ranch for one guy is just too much. If QB were our only problem, this idea might make sense. But we have so many needs, we can't give up 4 high draft picks for one guy. Especially when about half of 1st round QBs fail to become serviceable starters, let alone stars.

I think that had more to do with poor coaching and a lack of qb than missing out on maybe 1-2 guys that would have contributed that year. Rounds 2-7 he'd have gotten how much production from rookies before getting canned?

That was my point Einstein. If we don't make this trade 'EARLY' then we should draft Floyd Or Wright or Jeffery because our sorry group of receivers aren't going to get better throught free agency. Amazing how some people can't decipher critical thinking

I think its amazing that you expected people to decipher your post haha, and lulz at you calling someone "Einstein" mockingly haha

overall, AMAZING thread, but NOT for the OP's original intention haha

I think its amazing that you expected people to decipher your post haha, and lulz at you calling someone "Einstein" mockingly haha

Let me make this simple. What I was trying to say is we have a choice.

Keep Fitzpatrick anf probably not get a WR in free agency unless they are really dumb OR

Trade NOW before free agency period starts and have a good chance of a WO taking you seriously.

That's all Fitz+rookie WR + a couple more pics or RG111 and Bowe. IMO I'll take the latter and whoop Fitzy five out of five times.

We were all hoping that the third year in 5th grade would help you but.. alas.

Should realize the LCD of this board

That was my point Einstein. If we don't make this trade 'EARLY' then we should draft Floyd Or Wright or Jeffery because our sorry group of receivers aren't going to get better throught free agency. Amazing how some people can't decipher critical thinking

Wait, you make a rambling incoherent post that has no obvious link to the title, then insult other people because they didn't understand it? Yeah it's their fault that you have awful communication skills...

Hah, this ^

Edited by Turbosrrgood