The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

I find it crazy that everyone here is so sold that rg3 is going to be an elite franchise qb. Cam newton was at least a proven winner wherever he went and I am glad we didn't draft him cause he has a horrible attitude. I'm not saying that rg3 won't be good but I just don't understand why everyone thinks he will be an elite franchise qb for a decade. He is smaller than any other qb in the league and although he will state that he is a passer not a runner he is going to the run the football and mark my words there will not be many seasons where he starts all 16 games. I can agree that we need a franchise qb soon but I don't want rg3 I'm just not as sold. I think better opportunities will come along next year without us having to give up our whole draft for him.

Really?

A quote from a Peter King article, an article where he calls Cam the "best rookie ever":

Listen to these strong words from owner Jerry Richardson to me the other day: "As far as I'm concerned, he'll be the last quarterback we ever draft high in my lifetime. He is a very unusual young man, and I say that in a highly complimentary way. He does not complain. Ever. He's never in the trainers room. You watch him get hit out there and you think, 'He got to be hurting,' and then you see he's never with the trainers. The way he has adapted to our team and to the NFL has been tremendous. We couldn't be happier.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/25/week.16/index.html#ixzz1nstyZpeA

Just a guess, but I think the owner of the Panthers might be in a better position to comment on Cam's attitude than you.

Edited by Marauder24

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were they not sub 500? They will be again this year too because he throws too many picks. Just like what people on here complain Fitz does. At least Fitz doesn't tell his teammates to "get on his level". What a bad attitude

actually tbh I love that attitude. Maybe they wouldnt be sub 500 if they did that. Cam just had the statistically most impressive rookie year by a qb EVER. Most passing yards and rushing tds! He improved his teams win total by 5 games! The great ones (some of them anyway) have this attitude - wrong sport but that quote reminds me of something Kobe or MJ would say.

This is ridiculous, Yeah lets keep the rebuilding process going instead of giving the guy who's had the 3rd best season in passing yards and the 5th best season in completion% in Buffalo Bills history instead of giving him another season to build on it.

Yeah sure lets get rid of that guy for an unproven rookie because it will take us to the next level.

One guy who has proven to be better than adequate and has been more than tough and durable vs. a rookie QB who is unknown in the NFL.

Lets draft the lines, WR, LB and a CB and build on what we have please, instead of mortgaging a bunch of picks for a position we're okay at.

My link

Interesting article here about a "mystery" team that is looking into trading up to #2 for RG III.

Main points:

- If the bills cut Fitzpatrick before March 19, they will save $49 million of his $59 million deal.

- The bills have been stuck in mediocrity (or worse) for years and need a shot in the arm more than almost any other team.

- RG III would rejuvenate a franchise in desperate need of savior.

Lets say for the sake of argument that it would cost this years 1st round pick and next years 1st and 3rd round picks.

I know this is extreme... but would you do it?

I hate that I'm saying this because I love Ryan Fitzpatrick . . . but sometimes you have to make bold moves, and I feel this is one time--don't let emotions and sentiment get in the way of progress and opportunity.

If the Bills are at all thinking about it, I say go for it. Think of the buzz and excitement it would bring to this franchise.

For those that are wishing the Bills would trade up to draft RGIII (or anyone else), that's not gonna happen...

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/1/2835452/buffalo-bills-are-not-in-on-robert-griffin-iii-per-buddy-nix#storyjump

"I've visited with (the Rams)," Nix continued, "but not about that. We talk to everybody, and we kick the tires on everybody, but if we were going to probably move either way, it'd be down, not up."

Nix also re-iterated to Simon what Bills fans have known about him since the beginning: he treats draft picks like gold, and hates surrendering them to move up.

"I never have liked to, and I never have traded picks," Nix said. "I hate giving them up. I like to get them. We've got nine, and I'd like to wind up with ten, and we'll see how that goes."

Sounds like Nix wouldn't mind trading back and accumlating more picks (which isn't a bad idea). From earlier reports, Nix talked about DE & OLB depth in rounds 2 thru 4 in the draft. I would have no problem if Nix traded back in the first round, so he could gain possibly another 2nd round pick (to possibly add multiple pass rushers to the team). I also doubt the first round pick will be a DE or OLB (from earlier reports from Nix). I think the Bills will either draft a OT, WR or CB with their first pick (Even though I would hate to see another 1st round pick used on the secondary).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

You are assuming of course that RG3 is more Cam Newton and not Jemarcus Russell. I think in a year where the talent is in the top 5 and were not in the top 5 a crazy deal like this necessary. Lets also realize that if Fitzy gets hurt were screwed because Brad Johnson and the other dude aint got much. Fitzy is a glorified backup who was given a place to shine, but he is nothing more than a backup starting because we draft to poorly.

"You are assuming of course that RG3 is more Cam Newton and not Jemarcus Russell." In intellect and character, and I think also in talent, HE IS MORE THAN BOTH OF THEM PUT TOGETHER!--then again, Russell doesn't add much to any of those categories.

I don't mind another get RG3 post but trade a #1 and #2 ? more like #1+ #2 2012, + Spiller + #1 and #2 2013

Right - Matthews' article correctly descibed the cost as TWO #1's and TWO #2's.

Too rich for my blood. It's worth it ONLY if RG3 is a total beast. He looks good for sure, but if he's anything less than a regular pro-bowler it's a disaster.

Meanwhile, the Bills would still need two more pass-rushers and another WR and probably another OT. I suppose if they break the bank bringing in Mario Williams, Vincent Jackson, AND re-sign Stevie it's a good move...

Edited by BobChalmers

Moderators,

Hey maybe it's not my place but the top topics are littered with what is essentially the same thread of how Fitz sucks and trade up to get RG3. One thread is even called "DRAFT A WR IN THE FIRST" then goes on to say nothing at all about WRs and is another bash Fitz get RG3 thread. There are at least 1 or 2 new ones that are popping up everyday saying the same thing.

Would the community be better served to merge these to remove all the clutter so we can see other issues to discuss like realistic scenarios of who we might draft or trade for? :worthy:

Oh....and PLEASE!!!

Moderators,

Hey maybe it's not my place but the top topics are littered with what is essentially the same thread of how Fitz sucks and trade up to get RG3. One thread is even called "DRAFT A WR IN THE FIRST" then goes on to say nothing at all about WRs and is another bash Fitz get RG3 thread. There are at least 1 or 2 new ones that are popping up everyday saying the same thing.

Would the community be better served to merge these to remove all the clutter so we can see other issues to discuss like realistic scenarios of who we might draft or trade for? :worthy:

Oh....and PLEASE!!!

+1

I'm not necessarily a fan of doing this but seriously, what FA is going to want to come here with a Turnover machine @ QB and nobody in the wings?

The reason I'd be happy with a 2-1st's 1-2nd and 1-3rd trade (If that would be enough) for RG111 is that it would increase our odds of signing free agent wideouts.

I don't if I'm more frustrated with losing or more frustrated with the fans who are satisfied with being the laughingstock of the league. At least Polian had " a set" when the Cornelius Bennett trade was made.

There are literally at least 4 of these threads now (more even?). At least they were honest about what they were posting, and didn't have a false title, in full caps...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I hate that I'm saying this because I love Ryan Fitzpatrick . . . but sometimes you have to make bold moves, and I feel this is one time--don't let emotions and sentiment get in the way of progress and opportunity.

If the Bills are at all thinking about it, I say go for it. Think of the buzz and excitement it would bring to this franchise.

Fallowed by the disappointment of a defense that still sucks and no depth.

Youre trying to sell tickets, not build a consistent winner