The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I think Nix's comments today should put this nonsense to bed. It ain't happening, and should not.

Why not? I think the Bills should get RGIII even if it cost them their next three first round picks. What good are these draft picks when the QB engine simply isn't good enough to win the race? I like Fitzpatrick, but it's such a long shot to see him win the Bills a Superbowl. RGIII gets them almost immediately in the conversation for the Superbowl THIS season because the AFC sucks so badly now.

Fans here are much too protective of draft picks. The Bills' opportunity for their next great "Superbowl" era is staring them right in the face and they should be bold, go big and do what it takes to get RGIII.

I hope Buddy is bluffing and they really are in play for him.

I dont think RGIII puts the bills in the talks for a superbowl. He could score a thousand points a game and the defense would give up 2001. Hell if i was the Browns I wouldnt trade for RGIII. Stay put and tell the rams you are going to draft Blackmon at 4 if they trade the number two pick. If they trade it they still get Blackmon and if they dont they get RGIII. I think the browns hold more cards than the Rams and should stay and tell them to pound sand with their overpriced demands.

Call me crazy, but I believe the Bills are not telling the whole truth about their intentions. Check out this link. It says the Bills may still be "one of the mystery teams" in talks with St. Louis, despite reports to the contrary. C'mon Buddy... Pull the trigger on RG3!!!

Edited by dcjoev

Call me crazy, but I believe the Bills are not telling the whole truth about their intentions. Check out this link. It says the Bills may still be "one of the mystery teams" in talks with St. Louis, despite reports to the contrary. C'mon Buddy... Pull the trigger on RG3!!!

:thumbsup: bleacher report :thumbsup:

So the argument against in this thread is outside the top 8 you can't trade up because it would cost too much but we should get our roster better than trade up later?

Huh? This reply is clear as mud. Not sure what your questioning about in my reply but I would love to get RGIII if doing so didn't jeopardize or cost the team beyond what is reasonable. As others have suggested, a balanced deal with some player trades and some picks involved would make sense if it were possible. I just can't see sacrificing so many high picks when we have multiple needs. We aren't in Atlanta's position like when they went after Julio Jones last year. Just my own approach to drafting, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

Reportedly the Skins are willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year, plus a 1st next year.

I would do that deal in a minute if I were the Bills. Throw in a 5th next year. For one reason. We don't know whether GriffinIII will be a bust or a hall of famer but we do know that we have exactly 0% chance of winning the Superbowl with Fitzpatrick. Plus make the trade pronto and we become a nice place for free agents to park their tents. The new dream team ??

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Huh? This reply is clear as mud. Not sure what your questioning about in my reply but I would love to get RGIII if doing so didn't jeopardize or cost the team beyond what is reasonable. As others have suggested, a balanced deal with some player trades and some picks involved would make sense if it were possible. I just can't see sacrificing so many high picks when we have multiple needs. We aren't in Atlanta's position like when they went after Julio Jones last year. Just my own approach to drafting, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

My point was in two years if we get 9-10 wins the cost is going to be even higher. If it costs too much where we are, how do you afford it from 20 instead of 10. The cost for Julio will look like peanuts - the second best receiver in his class.

This is news people! Sad that these "pinned" threads tend to die out, but if true this is great news.

If the Browns and Skins are playing hardball that leaves the door open for the Bills to trade up. Something like...

2012 - 1st, 2nd, 4th

2013 - 1st, 5th (for good measure)

So the price is coming into focus. The Bills would be giving up a 1st, 2nd and 2 mid round picks for the opportunity to draft RGIII. Am I crazy or is this not what the Bills should do?????

This is news people! Sad that these "pinned" threads tend to die out, but if true this is great news.

If the Browns and Skins are playing hardball that leaves the door open for the Bills to trade up. Something like...

2012 - 1st, 2nd, 4th

2013 - 1st, 5th (for good measure)

So the price is coming into focus. The Bills would be giving up a 1st, 2nd and 2 mid round picks for the opportunity to draft RGIII. Am I crazy or is this not what the Bills should do?????

They already said they won't, Nix is a straight shooter, its not happening

They already said they won't, Nix is a straight shooter, its not happening

Buddy Nix said...

“You’ve got to give up the farm. We’re not in that business.”

A 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th in a two year span to get RGIII is certainly not "giving up the farm". Was it said the Giants gave up the farm for Eli? Never heard that, ever. This deal is very similar. How did that move work out for the Giants? TWO Superbowl wins.

The odds of Fitzpatrick ever winning a Superbowl for us are beyond long. The odds of the Bills winning a Superbowl after getting RGIII? I'd say the Bills would have a 80% chance to win it within the next 5 years.

I for one cant wait to see what the bills offense can do this year (without RGIII). I'm confident that Fitz can improve and cut down on the mistakes. Last year the team had a shortened pre-season and dealt with injuries on the offense line and in the skill positions.

I think the offense will maintain their pace from the first 6 weeks last year and the defense will improve to the middle of the pack. Good things are coming for the bills! Sit tight and draft pass rushers!

Bleacher report=wikipedia

eh not all of bleacher report is bad. Some of it is very insightful and sometimes much more than ESPN. I really don't care for the ESPN reporting style of story first facts/fact checking later. Much of bleacher report is fan speculation and op ed pieces but then again so are many journalist pieces. I will agree that it may not be credible for sources but as ideas I don't mind it.