The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

Should the bills be willing to trade Dareus and their 1st round pick for the Rams 2nd overall pick? Would the Rams accept that offer?

I'd do that if I was the Rams, but they are going to have the luxury of being really picky.

Personally if I'm the Rams, I quietly shop Bradford around. I think he is an injury risk and I think the upside on RG3 far surpasses Bradford. Never a big fan of his.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats working out great for the 8-8 jets

I'd trade my left you know what for two AFC Championship games in back-to-back seasons. You wouldn't? I don't care how they did it, but their approach to FA has been more successful than not.

I'd trade my left you know what for two AFC Championship games in back-to-back seasons. You wouldn't? I don't care how they did it, but their approach to FA has been more successful than not.

They are already in salary cap hell and have a bunch of malcontents on their roster they can't release because their salaries are already guaranteed. They sold out for a shot at the super bowl and failed. Those teams are wayyyyy more talented than us and if we beat them the second time around we would have had equal records this past year

They are already in salary cap hell and have a bunch of malcontents on their roster they can't release because their salaries are already guaranteed. They sold out for a shot at the super bowl and failed. Those teams are wayyyyy more talented than us and if we beat them the second time around we would have had equal records this past year

And the problem we have in common? Mid tier, erratic qb play.

I concur with this thread. I'd trade the draft for him. It would kill any chances this season, but I believe he'll be a special player. The way we draft, there's a chance we select 1 good player and 2 ok players plus a couple for depth. I'd trade those for a qb with griffens potential and character every day of the week.

I'd do that if I was the Rams, but they are going to have the luxury of being really picky.

Personally if I'm the Rams, I quietly shop Bradford around. I think he is an injury risk and I think the upside on RG3 far surpasses Bradford. Never a big fan of his.

I could see this going down also... you think they could give them to Washington for their first round pick and take Blackmon? :w00t:

If I am the Rams... RG3 + Blackmon > Bradford + whoever they trade with picks

Look at the Bills #1 Draft picks since 2000

Erik Flowers Bust

Nate Clements Gone

Mike Williams Bust

Willis McGahee Gone

Lee Evans Gone

J.P. Losman Bust (plus we gave up a 1st for him)

Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round)Gone maybe at best average player

Donte Whitner Gone

John McCargo Bust

Marshawn Lynch Gone

Leodis McKelvin Average

Aaron Maybin Bust

Eric Wood Good

CJ Spiller Good

Marcell Dareus Good

So only 4 of 15 player we Drafted in the 1st round are still on the team & 3 are from the last 3 seasons & the other 11 are gone or where a total bust so who who thinks its too much for RG3? at this point what are we giving up

Edited by Matt183

I concur with this thread. I'd trade the draft for him. It would kill any chances this season, but I believe he'll be a special player. The way we draft, there's a chance we select 1 good player and 2 ok players plus a couple for depth. I'd trade those for a qb with griffens potential and character every day of the week.

And what about the "F the future, I want playoffs NOW" crowd. They will be calling for Nix to be run out of town if the playoff drought increases to lucky number 13.

And the people that believe Fitz is a top tier QB. There would be a lot of people pissed at ole Buddy if he did that.

And what about the "F the future, I want playoffs NOW" crowd. They will be calling for Nix to be run out of town if the playoff drought increases to lucky number 13.

And the people that believe Fitz is a top tier QB. There would be a lot of people pissed at ole Buddy if he did that.

its going to be 13 seasons playoff drought anyway, Griffin wouldn't come in & it changes overnight but its a start & for those that think Fitz is a top tier QB are kidding us & themselves

& why are the Browns talking to the Rams to trade up if the Rams over price that pick nobody is going to trade for it & Minnesota isn't going to draft RG3 so just wait till he falls to 4th

& why are the Browns talking to the Rams to trade up if the Rams over price that pick nobody is going to trade for it & Minnesota isn't going to draft RG3 so just wait till he falls to 4th

If the Browns really want RGIII, they'd be stupid to take a chance and wait for him to fall to #4. If the Rams stay tight at #2, which would be stupid on their part, you know that Minny will start looking for offers.

I read from the Bills site that they interviewed with RGIII. I dont ask why because I dont like him, (would love him), but to be perfectly honest, we dont have the bullets to compete with the other suiters for the 2 pick... Why waste their and his time interviewing - to further tease themselves?

1- You can't rule out anything. A move up for RG3 by the Bills is highly highly unlikely, but that doesn't mean you don't do your due diligence.

2- Perhaps the Bills want to stack him up vs. the other prospects this year, or for that matter, prospects in years to come.

3- Maybe you want to pick his brain about his teammates that are also in this years draft, or maybe even prospects in years to come.

You don't lose anything by sitting down with the top few prospects in each years draft, so why not do it. It at least can give you a benchmark to compare future prospects to.

I read from the Bills site that they interviewed with RGIII. I dont ask why because I dont like him, (would love him), but to be perfectly honest, we dont have the bullets to compete with the other suiters for the 2 pick... Why waste their and his time interviewing - to further tease themselves?

What if Flynn goes to Miami, manning to Washington, and the browns decide to not give away everything come April?

I know the browns seem toooo obvious but it's still a long way.

I think Marcel Dareus, Aaron Williams and the Bills #1 this year and next would get it done, so yeah, they have the bullets IMO.

And I would make that trade. We all love our young players, but the reality is that winning big in the NFL is very difficult without a star QB and as the field gets reduced in the playoffs, very often the better team ends up losing to the better QB etc., etc.

It's about the QB. I like Fitz, but he is a pedestrian QB.

The Rams, as the team trading that pick will in no way recoup the potential value of that pick. RG3 is a once a year QB in a year when there are 2 of those guys. Once a year might not sound so impressive, but there are 32 teams so do the math.

He has the potential to be a superstar and a franchise changer.

The Bills are a franchise in need of change. A visit or two to the wildcard round of the playoffs isn't going to turn the Bills into the marketing machine that they will need to be to justify a billion dollar investment from a new owner, let alone help the team secure a stadium of the future etc..

I don't look at it as a dire situation right now, but the organization should be pro-active. I have said it before, the Bills could have used every first round pick since 2000 on a QB and be no worse off than they are now. RG3 has clear, superstar talent. He is less of a projection than guys like Roethlisberger or Philip Rivers or even Eli Manning. Take advantage of the situation and get the QB and don't look back.