Saw this on Espn Insider...puke

DC Grid

Mel Kiper just posted this.... Making this more scary is that it follows Ralph's bizzare comments that Bills main problem was not having more "runners".

"...One intriguing scenario is if Richardson is still on the board when the Bills pick. Do they go with the dynamic runner out of Alabama as the counter to C.J. Spiller and pass on keeping Fred Jackson around? It's not out of the realm of possibility."

I realize we are waaay out from the draft, but the fact that this doesnt seem far fetched is sickening. The Bills, more than any other NFL team, seem to constantly tread water by refusing to pay the premium it takes to keep players in Buffalo then using their high draft picks to replace them.

wouldn't shock me in the slightest. The Bills don't need to draft a wr or rb. They probably won't re-sign Steve Johnson and draft a wr. Next year when we don't extend Fred Jackson we'll draft a rb. Than sit around and still wonder why our pass rush sucks

Sounds like another "ha, ha, ha, Ralph Wilson didn't understand the [2006] CBA!" moment. Next.

and he turned out to be right...if only the owners would have listened to him they could have avoided some headaches this past off season.

Taking richardson would be another sideways move and I would really be done with this team if that happened.

wouldn't shock me in the slightest. The Bills don't need to draft a wr or rb. They probably won't re-sign Steve Johnson and draft a wr. Next year when we don't extend Fred Jackson we'll draft a rb. Than sit around and still wonder why our pass rush sucks

I'm starting to believe that the Bills front office does a better job of creating holes in the lineup then filling them!

Mel Kiper just posted this.... Making this more scary is that it follows Ralph's bizzare comments that Bills main problem was not having more "runners".

"...One intriguing scenario is if Richardson is still on the board when the Bills pick. Do they go with the dynamic runner out of Alabama as the counter to C.J. Spiller and pass on keeping Fred Jackson around? It's not out of the realm of possibility."

I realize we are waaay out from the draft, but the fact that this doesnt seem far fetched is sickening. The Bills, more than any other NFL team, seem to constantly tread water by refusing to pay the premium it takes to keep players in Buffalo then using their high draft picks to replace them.

It's all a cruel joke. Starting with Ralph's remarks yesterday. No one ever cares about the headline. Which was Toronto. I know people who don't know anybody and their saying,it's a episode of a yet unnamed reality show.Kiper is trying to stir the hornets nest even more, with retarded comments.

No way do the Bills take a rb at the top of the draft .... I can't imagine with all of the other needs that they would think about doing this.

That's what I said before they drafted Spiller in 2010

We're inept, but I don't think we are this inept.

I would like very much to agree with you - what is the basis for your optimism?

If James from Oregon comes out, that guy is faster than Spiller but they have so many other needs. If Richardson or James is the highest on the board than who knows, anything is possible.

Edited by Chris in Syracuse

Out of the millions of reasons to blast the Bills FO, speculation by Mel Kiper isn't one of them.

Yet if they'd have just followed his draft guide they could have drafted so much better. Someone should propose this as a cost cutting move: Fire the entire college scouting department and order subscriptions to Kiper's service. Imagine how much money RW/Littmann/Brandon/Overdorf could save! :lol:

Yet if they'd have just followed his draft guide they could have drafted so much better. Someone should propose this as a cost cutting move: Fire the entire college scouting department and order subscriptions to Kiper's service. Imagine how much money RW/Littmann/Brandon/Overdorf could save! :lol:

It's kind of funny more people dont notice this. Kiper gets a ton of crap, but nearly 1/4 of the NFL teams would be significantly better just drafting whoever his predraft rankings say they should.

It's kind of funny more people dont notice this. Kiper gets a ton of crap, but nearly 1/4 of the NFL teams would be significantly better just drafting whoever his predraft rankings say they should.

I've been saying they will trade Jackson since half way through the seasOn. The fo will take who ever is the beat available at the time. If that's a running back then that's it. Jackson is old and I don't see them paying him. But for some reason I would bet the bills wouldn't take luck if they had the oppurtunity. They are sold on fitzmoney and his lusters past. He was a mediocre backup when he played for the rams and bengals so he is a franchIse qb in buffalo.

Edited by Kachy