To Get Andrew Luck

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is about what it would take to move from #8 to #1 this year. Would you do it? I would.

No, these massive picks for one player trades rarely work out. I'm thinking Ricky Williams and Eric Lindros.

Maybe there are counterpoints, so please enlighten me

Edited by Endless Ike

No, these massive picks for one player trades rarely work out. I'm thinking Ricky Williams and Eric Lindros.

Maybe there are counterpoints, so please enlighten me

The Bennett trade in '87 was a huge deal and worked out ok, I'd say. Two #1s, a #2, a former #1 pick. In all something like a 10 player deal between 3 teams. But the Bills were only that one player away from contending for the division with Miami, so it was a good deal. The Bills aren't anywhere near contending with NE on a consistent basis so I'd be against the deal. We need play makers and we don't have enough of them.

All that said, if the Bills honestly feel there is a QB worth that price, then I'd have no problem if they did it. I'd be surprised if they thought they were only a franchise QB in training away from it all though.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I know it's nuts but I would give away the entire draft to get him. Personally I don't think this team is too far away - they need a couple of OLBs and a better coordinator, and not much else. Put a young John Elway into that equation (and that's what you'd be getting), and you're 1 or 2 years away from being perennial powerhouse. I know these moves rarely work out, but in my view Luck is such a sure thing, once-a-generation player, that unless he would refuse to come to Buffalo I'd do the deal.

NOT !!!!! :thumbdown: We have to many other areas on the team that we can fill with the draft picks to make our team better plus if you read any of the articles of what RW had to say , he said Fitz isn't going any where so why would you want to start a QB contreversy ??

If we can pick up a QB in the later rounds that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg , or if for what ever reason Luck was to fall to our pick (which that ain't happenin !!) then grab him , but to blow out all of our good picks to get one guy when we need a pass rusher on D & other positions to better the team would be stupid IMHO !!!

Especially if he's going to sit the bench the first year .. Although there are a lot of "FANS" that think Nix & Gailey don't know what they are doing or think they can do better , i will stick with their experience over any Bills fans arm chair QB input including mine !!!!

There are some good input that comes from our posts (this not being one of those :oops: !!) but when it comes to hands on none of us have that experience !!!

Edited by T master

We'd probably have to be higher than #8 to have a realistic shot at a trade. Vick got traded for a #5 pick, a 2nd and 5th? the next year, and Tim Dwight. Manning got traded for a #4 pick, and 1st, 3rd and 5th the next year. Luck's price would most likely come at a premium to Manning and Vick, but it looks like 4 picks/players historically has been the going rate for #1 overall picks. So it would probably take a top 5 pick this year and maybe a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year. I'd do it if I were the Bills. I wouldn't move up from #8 if it required 6 draft picks all in the 1st 3 rounds.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What does the point chart that everyone loves to reference say? I bet it is not as far fetched a trade as some would think. May not be balanced, but not outrageous especially with a guy like Luck sitting there.

Edited by LabattBlue

personally yes i would give 2#1s and 2#2s for luck. if you get a guy you think can come in and be your franchise for 12 years you do it. imagine if we did that in 2000? that last 11 years woulda been different

This is about what it would take to move from #8 to #1 this year. Would you do it? I would.

No. By virtue of the fact that we are looking at another single-digit pick, it should be apparent that we have too many needs.