Ralph Wilson optimistic Toronto series will be renewed

If they sign a new long-term agreement with toronto, thats another obstacle to them leaving town.

My guess is they probably have a Toronto agreement in principle, but aren't going to finalize and announce until they can threaten their way to a sweetheart stadium deal from the state and county, because they lose so much leverage with a toronto extension in place

My guess is the deal would be contingent on Ralph Wilson owning the team or the team playing at the Ralph..

No one wants the Toronto series but no one wants to buy tickets in Orchard Park either. :blink: I say give Toronto every December game. Not like we want them.

PTR

The Toronto game should never be before Thanksgiving true. Now that I 've said this, they'll have some season determining game in Toronto in December and everyone will be complaining that its not at the Ralph.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of funny you all say that. Remember when we got some free agents and drafted guys that "had a meanstreak"? What happened to those guys. The only guy who I see with an additude is Stevie. Maybe Darerus in the future. Merrieman was supposed to be the killer but that didn't happen. We just don't seem to have any spark. We need some take charge guys. Tough to get that from rookies so it's free agents that need to be had to get a get tough additude. Tough to circle the wagons with no horses.

I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying...And I think his analogy is a bit off...

Obviously the battered woman should leave the abusive husband...But none of us are leaving the Bills...If we were leaving, we would have done so a long, long time ago...But I think he was more or less referring to the idiotic defending of Ralph and this Organization as a whole that goes on around here...It's one thing to say "I'm a Fan and I'm going to support this Team no matter how dysfunctional they are." It's quite another to defend the dysfunction and try to make excuses for continuous results that drop far lower than mediocrity... B-)

glad someone got it

It's kind of funny you all say that. Remember when we got some free agents and drafted guys that "had a meanstreak"? What happened to those guys. The only guy who I see with an additude is Stevie. Maybe Darerus in the future. Merrieman was supposed to be the killer but that didn't happen. We just don't seem to have any spark. We need some take charge guys. Tough to get that from rookies so it's free agents that need to be had to get a get tough additude. Tough to circle the wagons with no horses.

Does Levitre count as having a mean streak? I always got the impression he was old school. Other than that, I agree that the team seems awfully polite to the opposition.

But if you ask some fans on here Merrimen was "an important" part to our defense and that he "kept the edge" really well. Yeah ok...he was Mr. Invisible out there. Waste of flesh

It worked perfectly. The Bills made out like bandits moneywise. That's all it was about. Money. Establishing a base in

Toronto with corporations and creating more fans.

True. The Bills needed to regionalize or they will be the Los Angeles Buffaloes.

Does Levitre count as having a mean streak? I always got the impression he was old school. Other than that, I agree that the team seems awfully polite to the opposition.

Same goes for Wood. Him and Levitre are both throwback types. I get the impression they'd welcome Conrad Dobler to play RG.

I think Hairston has a touch of nasty in him as well.

Nothing better than an OLman who's still pissed about being moved from DL.

GO BILLS!!!

Folks:

Bills owner: Team open to renewing Toronto series

More to come, including comments on team, and QB.

jw

Players don't want it, Fans don't want it so Ralph will do it. He is 93 and should do the right thing and sell to a competent owner, but his ego won't let him. And any thoughts a stadium extension or Toronto whatever is keeping the team here with a new owner is just whistling through the graveyard.

'Wilson said his only message to fans was ``patience'' because he projects it's going to take several more years to build a contender after the team essentially started from scratch two years ago under new general manager Buddy Nix and new coach Chan Gailey.'

LMAO I called this back when Nix and Gailey were hired. Nix and Ralph said it was a 3 year plan to turn this around and other teams have done it in that time or less. But now Wilson says 'SEVERAL more years?'

Several more years? When Bob Kraft bought the pats outright in 1994 when they were the 'Patsies' and we used to have our way with them. After he bought them in 94 they went on a winning streak to make the playoffs. In his first 10 years of ownership they made the playoffs SIX (6) times. Now you tell me, how the hell can Ralph Wilson sit there and say that his once proud franchise needs 'several more years' when Bob Kraft can turn around the Patriots so damn quickly AND Set the model for 'build through the draft' (Along with the Steelers I might add).

From 87'-93' the Pats had ONE winning season, ONE. So again I ask how is it we need MORE years to turn this around when Kraft could not only get his team to turn it around but make the playoffs 4 out of the first 5 years of ownership?

I can tell you how, He wants to WIN more than make money.

I am surprised such a blue collar, kick ass city takes it from this man the way they do. He is a liar and a cheat and has bent the good people of Buffalo over for DECADES and yet they flock to the stadium to pay him more money. But hey, its the way the Bills nation wants it because as long as fans keep paying the man, he will keep putting a crappy team on the field because he knows fans will fill the stadium (and his pockets) no matter what he does.

Bills fans are not "flocking " to the stadium. At last count, there were 24,000 seats left for this Sunday. Bills fans are sounding the message to Ralph loud and clear.

Unfortunately, he might be too far gone to see it.

Still way too many going. He won't understand till so many don't show up the team is negative money wise and keeps going south. Look This guy is never going to get it. We can only hope his family steps in and says he can't run the thing anymore and sells it.

I think he meant faster players. I sure hope so, our group of WRs are slow.

They are a bit slow, but they get open. They aren't THAT bad. Look at our OLBs. That IS a very, unspeakably bad unit. Our pass rush makes rookies and scrubs look like Joe Montana.

Every single year I can be counted upon to ask for blockers in the draft. I still want them, but our biggest need is OLB. We have none.

i've seen a lot of insane posts defending monty burns wilson, but this might top them all.

did you just really say the team flat-out sucks for approximately 75% of wilsons time as owner because not enough people vote republican in western new york? did you really just say that?

I guess you like the state of your economy up there, eh?

Keep voting for higher taxes on business. Enjoy the results.

I don't care what party it is - there are Democratic state legislatures/governors in other states who have enough sense to know they are competing with other states for business investment. New York just isn't one of them.

Voting one-party for years on end gets you corruption. In New York's case, it also gets all the emphasis being placed on NYC's success over the rest of the state.

To make this work in Toronto I can see 2 regular season games and 1 pre-season game every year. Sad but true. With our last 3 games having 40,000 total unsold seats that revenue has to be made up elsewhere. A three game package in the Toronto market would be an easier sell.

To make this work in Toronto I can see 2 regular season games and 1 pre-season game every year. Sad but true. With our last 3 games having 40,000 total unsold seats that revenue has to be made up elsewhere. A three game package in the Toronto market would be an easier sell.

a commitment to winning is all that franchise needs, forget toronto