Thinking of throwing in the towel

Buffalo Rumblings did a poll on if the Bills can win one more game this season, that is a f@!cking joke!!! To think we used to be such a proud organization, the cream-of-the-crop in the AFC during the late 80's and early 90's. Even Santonio Holmes ripped on the Bills Sunday on the CBS pre-game show when commenting on Stevie Johnson's TD celebration saying "He's playing for the Buffalo Bills..."

19 winning seasons out of 52

12 years without the playoffs

Another year of watching other teams fight for a playoff spot, teams playing in the playoffs and 2 teams (other than the Bills) playing in the Superbowl. God I miss the early 90's.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Rumblings did a poll on if the Bills can win one more game this season, that is a f@!cking joke!!! To think we used to be such a proud organization, the cream-of-the-crop in the AFC during the late 80's and early 90's. Even Santonio Holmes ripped on the Bills Sunday on the CBS pre-game show when commenting on Stevie Johnson's TD celebration saying "He's playing for the Buffalo Bills..."

Another year of watching other teams fight for a playoff spot, teams playing in the playoffs and 2 teams (other than the Bills) playing in the Superbowl. God I miss the early 90's.

I saw that when Holmes & Burress were discussing Johnson's celebration. By the way Holmes said "He's playing for the Buffalo Bills...", he was disrepecting the Bills (meaning playing for the lowly Bills) and disrespecting Johnson. The Bills of 20 years ago would be very fired up about this, but not this group of pansies!!

I hope Chad Kelly is right and "The New Man" is in charge next year.

Edited by mike oxhurtz

As do we all. Still, I cannot imagine rooting for anyone else. Maybe soon we'll get a new owner (one that won't move us to L.A.)In the meantime, I guess we're srewed. All we can do is piss, moan, and start threads on who needs to be fired. Maybe the future will bring better things for this organization. Kinda hard to see things getting worse. GO BILLS!

<br />As do we all. Still, I cannot imagine rooting for anyone else. Maybe soon we'll get a new owner (one that won't move us to L.A.)In the meantime, I guess we're srewed. All we can do is piss, moan, and start threads on who needs to be fired. Maybe the future will bring better things for this organization. Kinda hard to see things getting worse. GO BILLS!<br />
that about sums it up. I couldn't ever even consider not rooting for this team.

that about sums it up. I couldn't ever even consider not rooting for this team.

Being a fan is unconditional. The Bills don't have to win for me to remain a Bills fan.

I genuinely like the players on this team. They just need better coaching and a few studs on defense to turn this thing around.

Honestly, most people could care less if you quit being a fan or not. Just don't come back if they ever turn this thing around.

I think frustration is really getting to me. I've watched the Bills during their miserable years of the 80's, but this seems much worse. While we can all thank Ralph Wilson for the Bills, but is he to blame for all the bad years and bad decisions? How do you fire Bill Polian, the guy who built you a Superbowl team over a treasurer? Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie when Flutie started all year long? Like Mike Ox said, I hope Chad Kelly is right and a new owner takes over next year.

I think frustration is really getting to me. I've watched the Bills during their miserable years of the 80's, but this seems much worse. While we can all thank Ralph Wilson for the Bills, but is he to blame for all the bad years and bad decisions? How do you fire Bill Polian, the guy who built you a Superbowl team over a treasurer? Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie when Flutie started all year long? Like Mike Ox said, I hope Chad Kelly is right and a new owner takes over next year.

Like I said, it's your choice. I grew up with the 90s team so half my life I've seen good football and half my life, I've seen bad football. So I can't speak to the 80s. But this really is your low point? A team that started off 5-2 and got buried by injuries? Really?

I'll never quit the Bills because they in my DNA. They are a reflection of my hometown. One day, they will turn it around. But if you quit now, be a man about it and don't come back for the good times. Because it will be suffering through all those losses that will make the good times that much sweeter.

I will always be a bills fan....but what they do this offseason will determine whether I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.....

Money is tight....and I could definately use those $$$ on other things

I can agree with that. The NFL Sunday Ticket keeps getting more expensive every year.

Like I said, it's your choice. I grew up with the 90s team so half my life I've seen good football and half my life, I've seen bad football. So I can't speak to the 80s. But this really is your low point? A team that started off 5-2 and got buried by injuries? Really?

I'll never quit the Bills because they in my DNA. They are a reflection of my hometown. One day, they will turn it around. But if you quit now, be a man about it and don't come back for the good times. Because it will be suffering through all those losses that will make the good times that much sweeter.

I started watching the Bills back when Chuck Knox was the coach. I love the Bills, but 12 years in a row is getting brutal. Yes, the Bills started off great, and yes, they got hit with an enormous amount of injuries. But with the way they're playing, I highly doubt they'll win another game this season. Every team goes through a period where they have losing records and have to rebuild, but 12 years of this is getting very old!!

I'm hoping a new owner that is dedicated to winning will point the Bills in the right direction. The Bills need a owner like Terry Pegula.

I think this should be a pivotal offseason for you. Its a s&^% or get off the pot time. If they dont sign Johnson, thinking Easley can fill the spot, and dont make move on creating some sort of pass rush... I might be gone too.

Ive been a fan since the early 80's. I could take losing. I just cant take hopelessness and ownership/management so committed against winning.

Edited by May Day 10

I think this should be a pivotal offseason for you. Its a s&^% or get off the pot time. If they dont sign Johnson, thinking Easley can fill the spot, and dont make move on creating some sort of pass rush... I might be gone too.

Have to agree with that. Injuries are a big part (but not the only part) of our downfall this year, and to me we need to make some very clear moves in the offseason to take the next step. If we don't make those moves, I won't be convinced that this organization is truly committed to winning, and I don't know if I can continue to support that.

I started watching the Bills back when Chuck Knox was the coach. I love the Bills, but 12 years in a row is getting brutal. Yes, the Bills started off great, and yes, they got hit with an enormous amount of injuries. But with the way they're playing, I highly doubt they'll win another game this season. Every team goes through a period where they have losing records and have to rebuild, but 12 years of this is getting very old!!

I'm hoping a new owner that is dedicated to winning will point the Bills in the right direction. The Bills need a owner like Terry Pegula.

Buffalo sports fans deserve better than we get...man, if the Sabres or the Bills ever win it all, I don't know what I will do...I might have a heart-attack. But, sadly, I am pretty numb to the Bills losing ways, at this point. I enjoyed the first 7 weeks of the season, as much as I have enjoyed Bills football in a long time...and I was still holding out some hope, even after the Dallas debacle...but the Dolphins loss just made me go back into the mode of not caring too much, after the game is over...no more post-game shows...no more reading the news articles...I still love the notion of the Buffalo Bills winning a Super Bowl, and I still think it is going to happen...and when it does, we are going to relish it as much as you can...

Funny you mention Pegula, in this thread. After a great looking 10 gams start, the Sabres are playing below .500 hockey. Listen to this "rant" by WBEN host, Tom Baurle. I have never heard anyone, so worked up about the Sabres failures...his "open message" to Terry Pegula:

http://www.wben.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5578951

The Sabres, he says, are "looking in the mirror more than a teenager with pimples on prom night"...pretty rough.

You can just hear all the anguish that comes with being a Buffalo sports fan. Sometimes I get annoyed with PTR's cheerleader style with the Bills, but other times, I envy it.

Edited by Buftex

I will always be a bills fan....but what they do this offseason will determine whether I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.....

Money is tight....and I could definately use those $$$ on other things

Cancel your subsription, send the boxes back and sign up under your wife's name. You can get whatever the deal is at the time for new subscribers. Yes it is a hassle but you basically get the Sunday Ticket for free and you can cancel the Ticket the year after if you want. No reason not to have the ticket for football because the Bills suck.

How about the population of Bills fans in college or younger? All they can remember is total ineptitude.

How do the Bills expect their fan base to grow if they havent been the the playoffs in 12 years? They're absolutely killing a total generation of fans.

someone needs a hug.....