A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) On the failed 4th down attempt at the end of the 1st Qtr., Fitz got punched in the head. It was as clear as a bell. The Bills not getting a call like this is a concern wrt the integrity of the league imo.

2) News Flash: Erik Pears is a so-so, backup level RT. Yes, I am going there. Taking this a step further, he will never be able to cover at LT in case of injury. He is a plodding, slow blocker. Hairston is much more suited to play RT on this football team than is Pears. In another thread, a particularly sickening "consensus demander" calls the Bills OL top 5. Posts like this are worse, FAR worse than those of pom-pom wavers, but this is just my opinion.

3) Let's get to Spiller, shall we? His game stats were good, right? Sure. Well, imo he sucked. He dropped at least 1 crucial pass, and he went down upon any contact at all. He even fumbled his toucdown. The fact that our football team wasted a #9 on him will hold us back for many years. Sorry, it's true.

4) Who are #83 and #85? And why were they catching passes just short of first downs?

5) The Bills should sign Urbik to a long term deal. My hunch is that they could, but they are too stupid to do so. :thumbdown:

6) Davis Nelson seemed to get his act back today. Good, because I do like this kid.

7) Sheppard was God awful in the first half, but not so bad in the second half. If he clicks, this will be very good for our football team.

8) "Now what's to be found, by racing around?

You carry your pain wherever you go.

Full of blues, and tryin' to lose.

You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."

9) Did you see Fitz console the receiver who dropped his perfect pass at the end of the 3rd qtr.? Yes, Fitz is an easy person to like.

10) On a personal note, my daughter Amanda (who I implore to sign in) got me a Bills tree ornament as a Christmas present. It consists of 3 Bufflalo Bills celebrating. Which 3? Whitner, Evans and Lynch. :doh: My baby is an Ivy League/Law School grad. Amanda, I love you and I miss you every day. And I am NOT sorry that you are a Bills fan. It made you stronger and more loyal. Don't give up my sweet honey, ok?

11) I have been just a bit loathe to jump on George Edwards. Those days are gone. He is starting Spencer Johnson, a worthless player, over Moats. And the truth is, Gailey should see this and know better.

12) People, we need COURTNEY UPSHAW!!!!! I'm not gonna let go. Sorry.

13) Bills Fans are the best fans of any team in any sport. I am proud to be in this community. :thumbsup:

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#83 and #85 (Caussin and Smith) are TIGHT ENDS!! And they were being used for short gains!! Even though they didn't always make first downs, it was refreshing to see tight ends getting a lot of action. Big targets for short gains. Maybe you can teach an old dog a not-so-new trick.

The fact that you can't even give Spiller any props when he actually has a good game basically discredits any and all of your opinions on him. He's nothing more than your latest axe to grind.

Edited by Ramius

The fact that you can't even give Spiller any props when he actually has a good game basically discredits any and all of your opinions on him. He's nothing more than your latest axe to grind.

Stop. He dropped a crucial pass and went down if an opponent sneezed. Be serious please.

Spiller looked decent today. He had some decent runs and good pass protection. He may develop into a good change of pace back.

One play in particular that I can remember he did a decent job picking up the blitz. It wasn't perfect and he got pushed back, but Fitz side stepped and completed the pass and Spiller finished his block.

His best rushing effort behind a patchwork line. The drops hurt.

1) On the failed 4th down attempt at the end of the 1st Qtr., Fitz got punched in the head. It was as clear as a bell. The Bills not getting a call like this is a concern wrt the integrity of the league imo.

2) News Flash: Erik Pears is a so-so, backup level RT. Yes, I am going there. Taking this a step further, he will never be able to cover at LT in case of injury. He is a plodding, slow blocker. Hairston is much more suited to play RT on this football team than is Pears. In another thread, a particularly sickening "consensus demander" calls the Bills OL top 5. Posts like this are worse, FAR worse than those of pom-pom wavers, but this is just my opinion.

3) Let's get to Spiller, shall we? His game stats were good, right? Sure. Well, imo he sucked. He dropped at least 1 crucial pass, and he went down upon any contact at all. He even fumbled his toucdown. The fact that our football team wasted a #9 on him will hold us back for many years. Sorry, it's true.

4) Who are #83 and #85? And why were they catching passes just short of first downs?

5) The Bills should sign Urbik to a long term deal. My hunch is that they could, but they are too stupid to do so. :thumbdown:

6) Davis Nelson seemed to get his act back today. Good, because I do like this kid.

7) Sheppard was God awful in the first half, but not so bad in the second half. If he clicks, this will be very good for our football team.

9) Did you see Fitz console the receiver who dropped his perfect pass at the end of the 3rd qtr.? Yes, Fitz is an easy person to like.

10) On a personal note, my daughter Amanda (who I implore to sign in) got me a Bills tree ornament as a Christmas present. It consists of 3 Bufflalo Bills celebrating. Which 3? Whitner, Evans and Lynch. :doh: My baby is an Ivy League/Law School grad. Amanda, I love you and I miss you every day. And I am NOT sorry that you are a Bills fan. It made you stronger and more loyal. Don't give up my sweet honey, ok?

11) I have been just a bit loathe to jump on George Edwards. Those days are gone. He is starting Spencer Johnson, a worthless player, over Moats. And the truth is, Gailey should see this and know better.

12) People, we need COURTNEY UPSHAW!!!!! I'm not gonna let go. Sorry.

13) Bills Fans are the best fans of any team in any sport. I am proud to be in this community. :thumbsup:

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Not geting calls --- no comment

2) Erik Pears is a backup - We need a real LT, then move Hairston to RT. Old news Bill.

3) Spiller - well, this was his best game so far.

4) Who are #83 and #85? - we don't need Lee Evans, remember?

5) The Bills should sign Urbik to a long term deal - The should and I suspect they will.

6) Davis Nelson - good number 3 slot man. Not a deep threat.

7) Sheppard - celebrated a tackle on the last defensive series like it was his first ever. I can't stand to watch some of this "fun".

"So I give you my eyes, and all of their lies

Please help them to learn as well as to see

Capture a glance and make it a dance

Of looking at you looking at me."

9) Did you see Fitz console the receiver who dropped his perfect pass - great if your a boy scout, would prefer he completed a few more long passes myself.

10) Great advice Bill

11) I have been just a bit loathe to jump on George Edwards. Those days are gone - Not sure of your use of the word "loathe" but I get it.

12) COURTNEY UPSHAW - him and a lot more.

13) Bills Fans are the best fans of any team in any sport. I am proud to be in this community. :thumbsup: - me too

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - and Sabres too.

Stop. He dropped a crucial pass and went down if an opponent sneezed. Be serious please.

Spiller was geared for an excellent outing. However, Chan decided to basically stop running the ball. I wanted to pull my hair out seeing the amount of times we passed on 1st and 2nd downs. All in all, I liked what I saw out of Spiller and today he gave me hope that he continues to improve over the next 4 games.

I pretty much see that in ANY game I watch, particularly noting the inconsistency of the holding & interference calls.

In fact, I just saw a TD catch by Donald Driver of the Pack, and it wasn't a "good catch." They even reviewed it, and still got it wrong. His right foot...right toe...was not down. The cameras clearly showed this, and the immutable laws of Physics backed up that there's no way that right toe was down, as he was leaping UP as the catch was made. The NFL and its officiating are a joke.

Spiller's day looks a lot better if CMac doesn't get flagged for a phantom hold, no?

For one Spiller isn't a reciever, Second if you actually watched the game the ball was slightly tipped, and it would have been a tough catch for anyone.

I thought Spiller showed some real promise today. I actually saw a lot of similarities between him and Chris Johnson, both have blazing top end speed and can rack up huge yards with the right blocking.

LOL

Are you serious with the Upshaw talk? A guy with very little athletic ability, who only managed 7 sacks while playing against pathetic competition. You're the same guy who bashed Von Miller during the draft process, should we go back and look at how off you were with Miller? Your opinion is no better than his. Get real, please.

Like someone said, you have an axe to grind. If Spiller went for 300 with 5 TDs it still wouldn't have swayed you, "one game, blah blah blah."

Edited by bouds

On spiller, he had 80 yds on around 12 carries in the first half. 3 yards on two carries in the second half.

As a rb he played great, which must be why they stopped running him. As a wr he played poorly, but it's not his friggen job to catch on a crossing route in the back of the end zone. I guess he is the only guy that can get open.

Was there really only one guy drafted into the nfl as a wr playing wr today?? Ugh

D is getting worse by the week.