Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

Ill say this one time! His celebration did not cost the Bills 7 points.

Open your eyes folks! He didnt botch the kick. He didnt get a 15 personal foul on the next play.

THe Defense stunk it up and Fitz couldnt hit the broad side of a barn on his last few throws!

Cheers,

Curi

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how every time a Bills fan dares to criticize a player he's accused of trying to run him out of town.

Jesus christ folks. The selfish excessive celebration cost us 7 points, yes it did, and his drop at clutch time may have cost us 7 more. If he was worth two touchdowns to us with his play today, he was also worth two to the Jets. I call that a wash, and that's not what I expect from him. Although maybe I should. That's two huge drops with the game on the line in two years. And we're talking wide-open, hit-him-in-the-freaking-hands drops. Meanwhile Plaxico saves Sanchez on a terrible throw with a circus catch with the game on the line. Plax is a thug and a loudmouth....but unlike Stevie, he backs up his big talk.

If Stevie's wittle feewings are hurt then too !@#$ing bad. Shut up and catch the ball next time.

No it didn't. It was only a fifteen yard penalty and our kicker whiffed the ball.

Stevie Johnson just made himself a huge payday today with how he schooled Revis. You guys are simply too misguided to notice how great a game this guy had.

Johnson's a legitimate "free spirit" and I thought that shooting himself in the leg was one of the most creative TD dances ever. I thought that backing it up with doing the Jet flying dance and crash landing was even funnier. I'm glad he did it. It's called confidence and attitude and it's something this team lacked the previous three weeks. I'm perfectly ok with him doing this once or twice a season. He's an artist who happens to play football and play it very well. The Bills need a lot more players with Johnson's ultra-confident attitude.

That said, he did own up afterward and said his celebration cost us seven points and that his drop could have been a touchdown. Good for him. But why is he learning this NOW?

I seriously doubt he is learning anything and expect this will happen again next year. He had the same remorse after the Pittsburgh drop and the "why me God" thing.

He really seems like a good kid, he just doesn't know when to shut up and play. To me it is frustrating because I prefer players that have fun by winning.

Bills are gonna have two WRs in free agency. Johnson and Parrish. Parrish ain't gonna command much on the open market and neither will Johnson.

So, among other positions the Bills are going to have to sign an experienced FA WR.

There are three WRs with the size that seem to be the type of WR the Bills like. Dwayne Bowe, Marques Colston, Steve Johnson.

No matter what the Bills will overpay for who they sign. Which of those three do you overpay? I say go with the production, "BOWE". Especially seeing he's had no QB. (side note: Bowe played for Chan when he was OC in KC)

Who do you think the Bills should pay?

Explain to me how his 15 yard penalty lead to a botched kick? Does Stevie handle the kickoff responsibilities now?

Because without the 15 yard penalty, we would have kicked the ball out of the back of the endzone and not called for a squib kick! Were you seriously asking this question?

No it didn't. It was only a fifteen yard penalty and our kicker whiffed the ball.

Stevie Johnson just made himself a huge payday today with how he schooled Revis. You guys are simply too misguided to notice how great a game this guy had.

Johnson's a legitimate "free spirit" and I thought that shooting himself in the leg was one of the most creative TD dances ever. I thought that backing it up with doing the Jet flying dance and crash landing was even funnier. I'm glad he did it. It's called confidence and attitude and it's something this team lacked the previous three weeks. I'm perfectly ok with him doing this once or twice a season. He's an artist who happens to play football and play it very well. The Bills need a lot more players with Johnson's ultra-confident attitude.

Oh, that's what we are missing. He is an artist. Well. It is all ok then.

I wonder how the kickoff team felt about his "art" when they were lining up on the 20 yard line?

:wallbash:

Because without the 15 yard penalty, we would have kicked the ball out of the back of the endzone and not called for a squib kick! Were you seriously asking this question?

you do know that stevie didn't actually kick that abortion of a squib, right?

a professional kicker couldn't kick a football off a tee properly. this is on him.

Edited by Dirtbag

Bills are gonna have two WRs in free agency. Johnson and Parrish. Parrish ain't gonna command much on the open market and neither will Johnson.

So, among other positions the Bills are going to have to sign an experienced FA WR.

There are three WRs with the size that seem to be the type of WR the Bills like. Dwayne Bowe, Marques Colston, Steve Johnson.

No matter what the Bills will overpay for who they sign. Which of those three do you overpay? I say go with the production, "BOWE". Especially seeing he's had no QB. (side note: Bowe played for Chan when he was OC in KC)

Who do you think the Bills should pay?

The Bills should re-sign Johnson, and sign a veteran free agent, and draft another reciever. ALL three.

Losing Johnson will just create another huge hole and we don't have enough draft picks to fill them all.

EVERYONE STOP THE BASHING!!!! You need to realize that Johnson kept us in that game, he is the only one with a proven formula to beat revis in the nfl. There were NO sure catches in that game, even the one in open field that was dropped due to mental error caused by penalty confusion.

The Celebration (which was hilarious) did not cause Baily to beam one of the jets with the ball before half time, that was Baily's inability to kick the ball consistantly (Baily is gone at the end of the year, thank god!). CBS has begun their annual Steve Johnson Bashing day using the highlight real, F*CK Off BOOMER and MARINO you POS losers.

Bottom line is this team needs to focus on building up the trenches (OL and DL) before we take it to the next level. Lock in SJ, FJ, Chandler, and build the team around that. Fitz, Spiller and Dareus are already locked in.

Everyone needs to be honest with themselves, the Bills out-played the Jets, we just need to show it on the scoreboard.

Twice in 17 games Johnson has dropped a GW touchdown pass. On top of that....

Johnson is an IDIOT at a position throughout the NFL that is littered with idiots. I've said it before, be prepared for his agent to ask for the world when contracts talk commence. If the Bills can't get a reasonable deal done, no way do they pay this guy franchise money(9.5 mil).

you do know that stevie didn't actually kick that abortion of a squib, right?

a professional kicker couldn't kick a football off a tee properly. this is on him.

Why put a backup kicker in this position in the first place? Because Stevie is a selfish clown and not a team player.

This is on HIM!

I love how every time a Bills fan dares to criticize a player he's accused of trying to run him out of town.

Jesus christ folks. The selfish excessive celebration cost us 7 points, yes it did, and his drop at clutch time may have cost us 7 more. If he was worth two touchdowns to us with his play today, he was also worth two to the Jets. I call that a wash, and that's not what I expect from him. Although maybe I should. That's two huge drops with the game on the line in two years. And we're talking wide-open, hit-him-in-the-freaking-hands drops. Meanwhile Plaxico saves Sanchez on a terrible throw with a circus catch with the game on the line. Plax is a thug and a loudmouth....but unlike Stevie, he backs up his big talk.

If Stevie's wittle feewings are hurt then too !@#$ing bad. Shut up and catch the ball next time.

bull ****. His celebration cost us nothing. If dave friggin rayner can hit a kickoff like any other kicker in the NFL, the jets have a much more difficult time in scoring. Blaming stevie for the kickoff is asinine, and a sign of trollish behavior from someone who doesn't understand a bit about football.

Back of the endzone. It was thrown behind him but he had two hands on it, and it went right through his hands. He even had a chance on the last play of the game.

Im sorry but that play is 100% on Fitz. Blaming that 'drop' of SJ would be equal to blaming SJs drop (on the post) on Fitzpatrick. There was also the other sure fire TD Fitz threw 8 feet over SJs head later on.

Why blame the loss on Stevie when that drop didnt prevent them from getting in scoring position? He wasnt going to score and they were down there anyways and had two perfect opportunities to win the game that Fitz blew bc he cant throw a decent pass when it matters.

No penalty, no attempted squib kick. Comprendy?

From what I saw, that was a duff... it wasnt a squib on purpose

Johnson needs to be resigned. If a top tier receiver is available in the draft, get him. If not, go for a very good free agent. But really, the desperate needs on this team are on defense: more help on the line, a legit pass-rushing LB or DE, a fast linebacker, and more help on the corners.

But we really can't let Johnson walk, there are too many other needs to create another hole.

bull ****. His celebration cost us nothing. If dave friggin rayner can hit a kickoff like any other kicker in the NFL, the jets have a much more difficult time in scoring. Blaming stevie for the kickoff is asinine, and a sign of trollish behavior from someone who doesn't understand a bit about football.

15 yard penalty is nothing????

I wonder what Lee Evans (if he was not traded) would have said to him about class?

Edited by Hammered a Lot