A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Hey David Nelson, would you mind taking your head out of your ass? We understand that you have a hot girlfriend and we are all impressed. Today however, your game sucked, and it would be great if you worked on it.

2) Please, spare me the complaints about Levitre, OK? Thanks so much. He had no business at OC. Period.

3) A football team that starts Spencer Johnson at linebacker is not a football team. Lets stop kidding ourselves, shall we?

4) Not too impressed with Pears today. Never mind..... he flat out sucked. And to those of you who are ready to annoint Hairston as the next Orlando Pace, do watch the replay. Raise your hand if you were happy with his play.

5) Sheppard is perhaps a breath of life to this football team. That safety was mint.

6) Let me guess: The third quarter punt return by Spiller is going to justify the selection of this absolute waste of #9.

Am I right?

7) Aaron Williams had a tough game. He wasnt getting beat per se but he was getting schooled like the rookie that he is. I don't have so much of a problem with that believe it or not.

8) The wheel is turning and you can't slow down

You can't let go and you can't hold on

You can't go back and you can't stand still

If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

9) Horrible, inexcusable drop by Smith in the second quarter. The thing is he should be utilized more like Tebow. Does anybody disagree?

10) Spiller sucks. Yes, he flat out sucks and I wish he wasnt even on this football team but maybe we will get lucky and get off of a conditional seventh round pick, which would be steal for this loser.

11) Chandler is a football player. I like this guy more week after week. They should call up his agent tonight and offer him a long term contract.

12) Ok, Fitz didn't look great today but balls were bouncing off the hands of his receivers. There is no excuse for this.

13) Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Win or lose we still are the greatest fans of any team in any sport. Yeah, I have a knot in my stomach and I'll probably toss and turn tonight. Tomorrow I'll be pissed, and then I'm gonna shake it off because I love the Buffalo Bills football team. Right now Im asking for a pass rush and help at OT. But I suppose this is all I've ever been asking for.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been figured out. Want to stop the Bills offense? Just play man and jam the receivers at the LOS. We don't have receivers that can create separation.

Our defense is just as pathetic this year as it was last year. Teams are now moving the ball down field at will on us through the air instead of on the ground.

Agree on Levitre is NOT the answer at center outright AWFUL!!!!

Spiller was a wasted pick but I also fault Chan for not finding a way to utilize him

Hairston is coming back from injury maybe a week ahead of schedule because AL had to move to center, wy could we keep Hangman as a backup on the OL

The defensive scheme today or players just plain SUCK

Smith isnt the answer but jeeze the offence has become VANILLA at best

1) By my count that was David Nelson's first bad game this year. I give him a pass today.

2) Levitre's been a warrior and he also gets a pass. He's already done more than his fair share this year and was put in (another) unfair situation today.

9) Disagree about Smith. I don't see him belonging on the field at all. Today he didn't bother blocking on the punt block, his missed pass resulted in an interception Fitz didn't deserve, and is consistently lethargic in kickoff returns. Wasted free agent signing.

12) Fitz stunk AND his receivers looked bad.

13) I'm not tossing and turning tonight because I already knew before today that we'd already peaked and we're on a continued downslide.

Didn't get to see the game but there is so much i don't understand about what has happened to our team .

I do know that you take Williams , Merriman , G Wilson , Kelsay & others out of the D & your stars are gone maybe except Kelsay but he does play with heart !!

You take Roscoe , Wood , Stevie (in some ways injury wise) Easley , Jones & who ever else off the offense with no depth your screwed !!

Add the fact that our line backer coach & our D coordinator should have been switched due to resume , & other veteran players were let go (Evans , Poz , Hangartener) for reasons known only to those who made them & seeing our team implode isn't really all that hard to see any more !!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

BUT IT STILL SUCKS !!! GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree on pretty much all of that Bill, other than this one:

9) Horrible, inexcusable drop by Smith in the second quarter. The thing is he should be utilized more like Tebow. Does anybody disagree?

I do. IMO he should rarely be used at all. He's a running college QB who has no natural position in the NFL and got a lot of hype because the Jets have an outstanding kick return unit (which they continue to display this season after swapping out Smith for McKight). Want to use him on 3d and one? Fine. But otherwise I have little use for him.

10) Spiller sucks. Yes, he flat out sucks and I wish he wasnt even on this football team but maybe we will get lucky and get off of a conditional seventh round pick, which would be steal for this loser.

I couldn't agree more on this one. Some people are still holding out hope, but I'm ready to put Spiller right in line with Whitner, McCargo, Losman and the rest of the Bills lost decade of 1st round picks.

Fitzpatrick is a career backup for a reason...........Look around the league and watch the accuracy and zip on passes from pretty much any other qb and its a huge difference........I like the guy and hope we turn this around but todays game was a joke. Dalton and Cam are a million times better hang me now...

Brad Smith can ride the pine.....I cant believe I had to watch Ruvell Martin again.......Can we cut him please?

I would give Nelson a pass. We know he has a bad ankle. He also looked like he might have gone over behind the bench to throw up. He might have been in bad shape before the game even started.

Spiller's fail on the two yard touchdown did not improve his stock price.

Levitre is not a center and is surprisingly small when standing next to other linemen. He may not be great but I can't hate on a guy with as much heart as he has shown.

Aaron Williams and Searcy were not terrible for rookies. I want more Johnny White (which may happen, depending on how bad Fred is hurt).

Roosevelt caught a pass and then got creamed. He isn't big or fast, but he can catch.

Smith is a waste of payroll. And that would be true even if Ralph wasn't cheap. So is Spiller.

Hairston is a keeper (I think).

Chan doesn't use fullbacks or tight ends. What a shame, the Bills have good ones.

As usual...I agree with all of Bill's comments.

Perhaps next week they'll play Dareus at LB, move Dwan Edwards to safety, Chandler to center and ask Nick Barnett to punt?

And let's not forget about this ditty: "It's tough to WIN in the NFL!" :bag:

PS - Hairston is a keeper? Ugh...I saw him give up on two plays in a row that almost got Fitz killed. Good blocking at first then he just seemed to let the defender abuse him. Gotta keep fighting till the whistle blows kid.

Edited by Sabesfan71

As usual...I agree with all of Bill's comments.

Perhaps next week they'll play Dareus at LB, move Dwan Edwards to safety, Chandler to center and ask Nick Barnett to punt?

And let's not forget about this ditty: "It's tough to WIN in the NFL!" :bag:

PS - Hairston is a keeper? Ugh...I saw him give up on two plays in a row that almost got Fitz killed. Good blocking at first then he just seemed to let the defender abuse him. Gotta keep fighting till the whistle blows kid.

Good point about Hairston. I am so used to the quick release that I may be fooled into thinking that holding a block for more than a few seconds is good enough.

Fitzpatrick is a career backup for a reason...........Look around the league and watch the accuracy and zip on passes from pretty much any other qb and its a huge difference........I like the guy and hope we turn this around but todays game was a joke. Dalton and Cam are a million times better hang me now...

Brad Smith can ride the pine.....I cant believe I had to watch Ruvell Martin again.......Can we cut him please?

I disagree. I think if Fitz had a solid OL and receivers who would actually jump up for the ball, he would be looking really good. The first pass to Spiller in the end zone showed no concern or interest in going for it. Where is the desire to win, or to even play?

Fitz is just fine, counting that he has absolutely nothing to work with.

1. first drive of the game was excellent..right up to the point where Fitz overthrew a wide open Stevie..that play set the tone for the entire game.

2. Our defense is by far the worst defense I have seen in a long, long, looooooong time. I know our offense has been horrible the past 3 games, but when you see a stat that our defense has given up something like 8td's in teh last 9 offensive possessions by the opposing team, one can't help but vomit..which in turn brings us to:

3. being down 21-3 after a quarter and a half prevents us from utilizing our best offensive weapon: freddie.

4. this team is seriously lacking confidence right now and quite honestly, i have no idea if this downward trend is correctible at this point due to all the key injuries that are piling up.

5. our offensive line was a major strength at the beginning of the season and a large contributing factor to our early success; there's definitely a correlation between our subpar o-line play the last 3 weeks and our ****ty offensive play.

6. fitz needs to be a bit more accurate and our WR's need to make some plays; i saw a stat today that we had something like 10 dropped passes.

7. spiller truly sucks

8. our coaching staff has clearly been outcoached the past 3 weeks; when you lose games in the manner that we have lost games the past 3 weeks, that's not just the players fault. our team is simply not prepared mentally and/or physically..the coaches need to get their !@#$ing heads out of their asses and start gameplanning better.

9. brad smith..i was excited when we signed him. what a let down. this guy can't catch, can't return kicks, and can't gain a yard in the wildcat.

I thought we hit our low point last week against the cowboys..today was worse. Our playoffs start next week vs. the Jets. Despite being an optimist, I see no way we can beat the Jets next week. It seems like this team is physically and even worse, mentally, finished...this league is all about having mojo, and right now we have none of that.

1) Hey David Nelson, would you mind taking your head out of your ass? We understand that you have a hot girlfriend and we are all impressed. Today however, your game sucked, and it would be great if you worked on it.

2) Please, spare me the complaints about Levitre, OK? Thanks so much. He had no business at OC. Period.

3) A football team that starts Spencer Johnson at linebacker is not a football team. Lets stop kidding ourselves, shall we?

4) Not too impressed with Pears today. Never mind..... he flat out sucked. And to those of you who are ready to annoint Hairston as the next Orlando Pace, do watch the replay. Raise your hand if you were happy with his play.

5) Sheppard is perhaps a breath of life to this football team. That safety was mint.

6) Let me guess: The third quarter punt return by Spiller is going to justify the selection of this absolute waste of #9.

Am I right?

7) Aaron Williams had a tough game. He wasnt getting beat per se but he was getting schooled like the rookie that he is. I don't have so much of a problem with that believe it or not.

11) Chandler is a football player. I like this guy more week after week. They should call up his agent tonight and offer him a long term contract.

12) Ok, Fitz didn't look great today but balls were bouncing off the hands of his receivers. There is no excuse for this.

13) Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Win or lose we still are the greatest fans of any team in any sport. Yeah, I have a knot in my stomach and I'll probably toss and turn tonight. Tomorrow I'll be pissed, and then I'm gonna shake it off because I love the Buffalo Bills football team. Right now Im asking for a pass rush and help at OT. But I suppose this is all I've ever been asking for.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too me, Spencer Johnson epitomizes how incompetent this defense is. I mean, I thought Kris Kelsay at OLB last year was brutal, but when SPENCER JOHNSON is STARTING for you.......you suck. He is a marginal NFL backup 4-3 DT......having him starting as an OLB is astounding. I hate to say "only the Bills" but what other team out there does things like this?

Am I right?

Hi Bill.

1) Agree. Nelson played like a baby today.

2) Agree X 100. Andy is a warrior

3) Sad but true. Spencer should be a backup DE on a 4-3.

4) Agree. Worst game Pears has played all year. He was also playing hurt.

5) Agree. Sheppard shows potential.

6) Agree. Spiller pick looking worse each week.

7) Agree. Aaron Williams needs more time. Once we get eliminated from the playoffs he should be moved to starter.

8) Don't know about wheels, seems like the wheels are falling off to me.

9) I wish Smith was still a Jet.

10) A bit harsh.

11) Agree. Chandler is a football player, however, don't re-sign him yet and ruin him.

12) Fitz looked bad too. He did not need help from his receievers.

13) OK.

14) Of course.

Edited by Bob in STL

We've been figured out. Want to stop the Bills offense? Just play man and jam the receivers at the LOS. We don't have receivers that can create separation.

Our defense is just as pathetic this year as it was last year. Teams are now moving the ball down field at will on us through the air instead of on the ground.

talk about jamming WRs

There were many plays where the Dolphins had their entire defense within 3 yards of the Line, including both safeties

There is zero fear that the Bills can beat them past 5 yards.

Fitz can't throw accurately deep, the line can't block for more time needed to throw 5 yards, and the WRs can't catch anyway.

The result is those short passes are stuffed as well as the running game since there are so many defenders at the line of scrimmage

Excellent Dead reference. Although I would prefer:

"If I had me a shotgun

You know I'd blow you straight to hell."

Also, I wonder what the people who defended Nelson's cute TD celebration last week thought about his performance today.