Paul Posluszny

dave mcbride

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for all the revisonists, but Barnett is a big step up from Poz and Wilson is just plain better than Whitner.

Why not try to sign both? The #2 LB on the Bills right now is bad, and far worse than Poz.

As someone who wanted to keep Poz (but not for $7 million), I'm just curious where this thread was 3 weeks ago?

Dunno. You could have started it yourself though ...

Didn't the Bills retain the DB coach Catavolos (sp?)? The same guy who coached DBs under Jauron?

Yeah, they did. At the end of the day, I think the problem might be McKelvin himself. Not that brilliance helps you much at the CB position (in fact, it's often a hindrance), but I'm guessing that Leodis finished at the bottom of his rocket surgery class.

Ummm, because he's not close to being worth $7 mil.

He is having a pro bowl caliber season. And the Bills are nearly $30 million under the cap. Finally, most of the contract money he was promised was not guaranteed,. Why are Bills fans so cheap?? It's not their money, and the team can certainly afford it. They simply choose not to do so.

Good point, Bill. But will they be available? I'm guessing that the Bills, with a 9-7 record, will be drafting around the 18 or 19 slot. Of course, great LB prospects can be had at that slot. But when will they get either the pass rusher or the blue chip CB that they desperately need?

This is a separate issue, but I think the most disappointing first round pick (among the very many) in the last decade has been McKelvin. I say that because he looked good right off the bat, and he's clearly a physical specimen. He really has it all physically, yet he sucks. He's Terrell Buckley all over again. You can't cut him either because the talent is there and you can't risk seeing him finally get it elsewhere. With someone like Maybin or Spiller, you can write it off as a bad investment and move on. With his evident talent and the extremely high premium placed on CBs (and rightly so), it's much harder to stomach.

Maybe McKelvin should move to free safety?

From Poz's standpoint this team extended Kelsay as an OLB, re-signed injury plagued Shawne Merriman, fired his position coach, and had a GM announce at the Senior Bowl that the team was fine at OLB but really needed to re-tool the ILB spot. Well, he did say Poz was a fine player, too, to cover all the angles ... but the writing was in 40 foot high letters on the wall.

3 main reasons why Poz is not a Buffalo Bill:

1. Rediculous contract for a player that is not even close to worth it.

2. Poz was out of position as a 3/4 OLB.

3. Poz has just about as many injury troubles as Parrish, McGee, and Easley.

Other reasons why he might not be here is because he was part of the old "losing" regime and we needed to rid ourselves of these losing mentality players, or maybe it's because he's really just a mediocre player that is usually out of position and jumping on piles or tackling ball carriers 5-10 yards downfield. I've stated my hatred of Poz many times and it's not because he is horrible but because we tried toale him our best LB. I'll say the same thing I feel about Whitner, they aren't that bad, but when you expect them to be your heart and souls of the defense they just don't get the job done. However if they are just added pieces to an already solid unit and not expected to be superstars they will be what they should be, productive at the least but not top 10 picks and difference makers. They are support players at best. If Poz played for the Steelers, Packers, Bears, Jets, or Giants he would be thier 3rd best LB at best. Just my .02

Poz has beautiful hair but he is not a starting NFL caliber LB. If he was he may have been on a winning team by now but his career states otherwise. Whitner was obviously the guy in the wrong place and the guy we should have kept. Some people may disagree but winning is the only stat that counts. I think we can all agree that Maybinot pretty much needs a thousand stars to align to make a decent play.

So, your stance is that a player just isn't good if he's not on a winning team? Poz is doing just fine here in Florida, and Whitner seems to be doing well out on the Left Coast. Maybin is excelling in a scheme that is suitable to his skills. I hate the stinkin' Jets, but they know how to coach 'em up on defense over there. Offense is a different story with them.

I agree that winning counts, but does that mean that the Bills shouldn't take a look at signing, say, Cameron Wake because he plays for a crappy team? You wouldn't want to examine the possibility of a Sam Bradford? I'm not suggesting these guys are even available, but I am pointing out what I think is some absurdity in your thinking.

<br />Of course, its all George Edwards fault, another reason why he has to go. He is also the reason why the offence can't score the last 2 games, he convinced Shanahan not to suspend Lucic this week, he told Gary Bettman that Hulls foot wasn't in the crease, he's the guy who gave Easley the Heart copondition, he convinced the refs that "Homerun Throgh back" was a backwards lateral, and he caused Norwood to kick wide right! Poz, Maybin, Whitner, McKelvin, Troupe, Carrington, Spiller, Mike Williams, all draft busts because of Edwards being a horrible defensive co-ordinator!<br />
. Edwards is a horrible DC. Do you think he's a good dc?

<br />He is having a pro bowl caliber season. And the Bills are nearly $30 million under the cap. Finally, most of the contract money he was promised was not guaranteed,. Why are Bills fans so cheap?? It's not their money, and the team can certainly afford it. They simply choose not to do so.<br />
we have lots of people to resign. We have lots of holes to fill. ILb is not our biggest problem. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him. Good luck in jax poz, we aren't missing you and hopefully we'll put that 8mill a year towards someone worthy of it.

Stop complaining that we are 30mill under the cap, so we should have paid him. Spend the money smartly, not just because it's available. Nix is trying to build a team tha will compete for the next decade plus. Signing a player like poz @ 8 mil per year is NOT the way to achieve that. Don't forget how injury prone he was for us.

Stop complaining that we are 30mill under the cap, so we should have paid him. Spend the money smartly, not just because it's available. Nix is trying to build a team tha will compete for the next decade plus. Signing a player like poz @ 8 mil per year is NOT the way to achieve that. Don't forget how injury prone he was for us.

I don't get that either. Just because the team supposedly is under the cap (who knows what their own budget is actually) doesn't mean they should shower money on sub-standard players. Not that they don't do exactly that at times, but you don't have to go out of your way to pay the guy blowing leaves, whether he shows up or not, 10 times what you're paying the brain surgeon at your hospital just cause you can "afford it" in the hospital budget.

Agreed Dave. They can however make things right by going after Donta Hightower from Alabama. He will be, and probably is already a better ILB that either of them. Courtney Upshaw, Hightower and Nico Johnson are as good as any set of LBs in college that I have ever seen in my life.

If we get at least 1 of them (I'll take 2 thanks very much), our defense will be bigger, stronger and faster the minute they hit the field.

Courtney Upshaw +10000

I don't worry too much about our ILBs. I love Barnett and Sheppard if they are bookended by a better cast of OLBs and have Kyle Williams and Dareus in front of them.

So, your stance is that a player just isn't good if he's not on a winning team? Poz is doing just fine here in Florida, and Whitner seems to be doing well out on the Left Coast. Maybin is excelling in a scheme that is suitable to his skills. I hate the stinkin' Jets, but they know how to coach 'em up on defense over there. Offense is a different story with them.

I agree that winning counts, but does that mean that the Bills shouldn't take a look at signing, say, Cameron Wake because he plays for a crappy team? You wouldn't want to examine the possibility of a Sam Bradford? I'm not suggesting these guys are even available, but I am pointing out what I think is some absurdity in your thinking.

You have to have a winning player and a winning organization. It was clear that Whitner was perceived around the league to be a winner because two winning teams were hot after him. The team he chose has only one loss after signing him. This is not a coincidence. Did any winning teams pursue Poz? Didn't think so. He seems like a good guy but obviously spends a lot of time brushing his hair in the mirror. He should spend some time trying to become a winner. I don't think Maybinot is excelling at all and is only there because of injuries.

If we were to add guys to become a winner I don't think Sam Bradford should be at the top of the list. He looks like an East German woman, not a QB. So far he plays like an East German woman too. Also a no on Wake. He played in Miami which is a loser and Canada which is an entire country filled with losers. He could be an exception but what are the odds?

I don't get that either. Just because the team supposedly is under the cap (who knows what their own budget is actually) doesn't mean they should shower money on sub-standard players. Not that they don't do exactly that at times, but you don't have to go out of your way to pay the guy blowing leaves, whether he shows up or not, 10 times what you're paying the brain surgeon at your hospital just cause you can "afford it" in the hospital budget.

Do you really believe that Posluszny is a substandard player? I think his performance this year suggests that he's a good player.

They lack even one shut down corner and the lack of a pass rushing DE or LB is killing them.

Lots of teams don't have a shut-down corner.

None have a pass-rush as bad as the Bills. NONE. QB's have all day to find the open guy against the Bills.

The 10 sacks was obviously an abberaiton against a truly horrible Redskins offense. Without that game the Bills would be on track for a league record in inept pass-rushing.

Losing Williams and Merriman (and yes, even Kelsay) hurts a lot - but obviously they needed more answers even with those guys. You can say Merriman was a shell of his former self - but look back at those early games - even when he wasn't getting the sack, he was getting pressure, often against double-teaming. That pressure was cutting down the time QB's had to expose the Bills DB's - helping lead to all those (NFL - leading) interceptions.

If OLB isn't the first priority for next year there's a real problem in the front office.

As for offense, they need a real athlete at WR - the guy Easely was supposed to be. That and they need to not get incredibly unlucky yet again keeping the OL healthy. No team can look good on offese w/o a first OR second string OLT able to play. Losing Wood on top of that is just ridiculous.

Edited by BobChalmers

Our corners need to turn their heads around and play the ball alot more. They play the man and raise their hands with their backs to the ball. That is a recipe to get out jumped and out played for the ball. They need to turn their heads and become a WR out there for the ball. When they do that, they will improve.

Our corners need to turn their heads around and play the ball alot more. They play the man and raise their hands with their backs to the ball. That is a recipe to get out jumped and out played for the ball. They need to turn their heads and become a WR out there for the ball. When they do that, they will improve.

Agreed.

Now if only there were someone on the Bills' payroll who was supposed to tell them that...

You have to have a winning player and a winning organization. It was clear that Whitner was perceived around the league to be a winner because two winning teams were hot after him. The team he chose has only one loss after signing him. This is not a coincidence. Did any winning teams pursue Poz? Didn't think so. He seems like a good guy but obviously spends a lot of time brushing his hair in the mirror. He should spend some time trying to become a winner. I don't think Maybinot is excelling at all and is only there because of injuries.

If we were to add guys to become a winner I don't think Sam Bradford should be at the top of the list. He looks like an East German woman, not a QB. So far he plays like an East German woman too. Also a no on Wake. He played in Miami which is a loser and Canada which is an entire country filled with losers. He could be an exception but what are the odds?

Thanks for reposting. It confirmed that you're an idiot.