Fitz and the check Down

The-scout

Gailey is a mastermind at creating a check down quarterbacks. 10-13 for 67yds. Seriously the offense scares no one any longer. Figure jackson out and the O goes no where. No deep ball. Lee Evans has nothing to do with checkdown's inability to push the field. 7-9 will be their finish.

Gailey is a mastermind at creating a check down quarterbacks. 10-13 for 67yds. Seriously the offense scares no one any longer. Figure jackson out and the O goes no where. No deep ball. Lee Evans has nothing to do with checkdown's inability to push the field. 7-9 will be their finish.

no ones "figured jackson out" It's the fact the defense can't make a damn stop other than time running out of the 1st half, completely taking Jackson out of the game

Well, I really hope not. He works really well under certain schemes out of the spread. But if the defense takes away the short stuff, he is just unable to be successful 15-30 yards down field.

Bengals, Giants, Jets and now the Cowboys all have showed he is a one dimensional quarterback and can't adjust to the longer throws.

What about Stevie Johnson now? He's a good WR and I like him but lets be obvious he isn't worth #1 receiver pay.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

NO - We knew signing him that he wasn't Brees, Rogers, Manning, or Brady. He is playing on the level he is getting paid - like Cassel... he won't carry the team, but he can manage a game. This can't be blamed on him, the defense has to make at least 1 stop a game if we are to win...

From I report I read, he received a $10M signing bonus and will get a $5M option bonus in March. If he shows he's not the guy with his play the rest of the season, they can cut him before March and aren't on the hook for anything more than the signing bonus that's already been paid.

Fitz is just not accurate beyond anything over 15 yards. Perhaps that changes with better players but with accuracy you either have it or you don't.

In retrospect I think Fitz was a product of Chan Gailey's scheme and playing bad defenses. This is an adjustment period and Fitz hasn't adjusted well.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

By no means is Fitz the reason we lost this game. Seriously? What are the Cowboys 10/11 on 3rd downs?

The Bills would be in this game if they had a defense and probably have put up about 20 points. They are forced to go for it on every 4th down after the 2nd quarter b/c they can not stop anyone.

The only thing to take from this game is that the defense is collapsing!!! Yes the offense is stalling but they are workable. Should we get rid of Fred too for losing fumbles now in 2 straight games?

Fitz is just not accurate beyond anything over 15 yards. Perhaps that changes with better players but with accuracy you either have it or you don't.

In retrospect I think Fitz was a product of Chan Gailey's scheme and playing bad defenses. This is an adjustment period and Fitz hasn't adjusted well.

Yep

What does anyone expect? This is what happens when your receiving corps consists of 7th round picks and street free agents. They got by with it for a while, but predictably, its starting to bite them in the ass now as the season progresses.

Edited by Brandon

You know Bills fans love it. Spend 5 minutes here and you know losing is like heroin to them.

PTR

If I had to create a robot that only promoted positive spin on the Bills, no matter how convoluted, what would I call this robot? Hmmmmmm.........

Well, I really hope not. He works really well under certain schemes out of the spread. But if the defense takes away the short stuff, he is just unable to be successful 15-30 yards down field.

Bengals, Giants, Jets and now the Cowboys all have showed he is a one dimensional quarterback and can't adjust to the longer throws.

What about Stevie Johnson now? He's a good WR and I like him but lets be obvious he isn't worth #1 receiver pay.

I am not going to pile on Fitz here, but this is why I said I did NOT want to extend him until at least half way through the season. His overall body of work was not like the first few games, and I wanted to see a bigger sample size before we handed him a huge contract to make sure he really had turned the corner.

I got flamed but many for that, but I warned it could end up like DJ. Now, the season isn't over, and Fitz still has 7 more games to prove he deserves that money, but he has not looked very impressive in our 2-4 stretch. I hope he does for the sake of this team and franchise. He is not the only problem on this team, as the defense is even worse, but he also is not playing at the level of the contract we gave him anymore.

Also, I hope they WAIT on Stevie...give Freddie the money he DESERVES as its crap that he hasnt been extended. But SJ has been a ghost for a while, and he was this way last year. I am not convinced this guy can be a #1 WR as it is WAY too easy to take him out of the game. I think he would be a great #2 but I don't see enough out of him to give him #1 WR money right now. He reminds me a lot of Peerless Price at this point.

Edited by Alphadawg7

We can only hope. Bills fans are lost without something to complain about.

PTR

Why dont you cowboy up and stop being so whiney anytime someone questions something about a team that has just been utterly embarrassed 2 weeks in a row, is 2-4 in its last 6 games, saw an undefeated start fizzle in 2008, and has been a fan of a franchise that has been irrelevant for a ridiculous amount of time...

I love how you just attack the fans who are not happy with the product being put on the field after so many years of loyalty and disappointment. Not everyone is content with losing like you.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I'll eat crow. Fitz went deep to spiller and he dropped it. Jones dropped TD. Jones dropped pass that was picked.

I know Jones is hurt (ankle I think), but he had a horrible game. Fell down on that last interception as well. I am curious to read what the people who are good at analyzing things have to say about this game. To me, the play was mostly terrible on defense, but I can't really say anything more intelligent than that right now. Why do other teams constantly make completions to tight ends and possession receivers right between the linebackers and safeties, in the middle of the field?

I know Jones is hurt (ankle I think), but he had a horrible game. Fell down on that last interception as well. I am curious to read what the people who are good at analyzing things have to say about this game. To me, the play was mostly terrible on defense, but I can't really say anything more intelligent than that right now. Why do other teams constantly make completions to tight ends and possession receivers right between the linebackers and safeties, in the middle of the field?

As a WR, Jones has been little more than a drive stopper for most of the season, with just a couple halves so far as exceptions.

He played the best when he was still in the junior Fouts stage. The beard has become a PR gimmick. Gotta go. The to go list

George Edwards

Leodis mcKelvin

Donald Jones

The beard

The white jersey at home and the gay white out the Ralph

Ralph Wilson.

And so on.

We can only hope. Bills fans are lost without something to complain about.

PTR

That is why we are resilent! It's one charming fact about western New Yorker's. Our teams ALWAYS SUCK or CHOKE when they are doing well.

So who do we draft at the #9 slot?

By no means is Fitz the reason we lost this game. Seriously? What are the Cowboys 10/11 on 3rd downs?

The Bills would be in this game if they had a defense and probably have put up about 20 points. They are forced to go for it on every 4th down after the 2nd quarter b/c they can not stop anyone.

The only thing to take from this game is that the defense is collapsing!!! Yes the offense is stalling but they are workable. Should we get rid of Fred too for losing fumbles now in 2 straight games?

I agree with you. Fitz isn't too blame. The offensive line really does suck, and three dropped passes, and the fumble lost the game. Our defense is more offensive than the offensive line.