Colin Cowherd Show "I don't like Buffalo..

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're an average team with average players."

Maybe he is right....

They are 9-7 over their last 16.....sounds about average

BTW - he said his favorite bet is the Bills + points

Edited by baskin

If Buffalo is average, what the heck is Dallas?

Bills beat: Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots, Eagles, Redskins

Cowboys beat: 49ers, Redskins, Rams, Seahawks

Bills losses: Bengals, Giants, Jets

Cowboys losses: Jets, Lions, Patriots, Eagles

Well he's right but it's funny b/c I think most of us would have agreed even while we were overrated and said that we were average but winning. Cowherd on the other hand thought we were great earlier in the year. He was loving us. Now he doesn't like us.

Well he's right but it's funny b/c I think most of us would have agreed even while we were overrated and said that we were average but winning. Cowherd on the other hand thought we were great earlier in the year. He was loving us. Now he doesn't like us.

He picks whatever position suits his position for the day. The only things he's consistent on are: 1) Not living in a top 10 market makes you a lesser human being. 2) Rich people are inherently better than everyone else. 3) Tony Romo is the greatest QB ever, and 4) LeBron James can do no wrong.

Maybe he is right....

They are 9-7 over their last 16.....sounds about average

BTW - he said his favorite bet is the Bills + points

I haven't gambled for a while, but the line seems obscenely high. The Bills have lost by more than 3 once all season, and they're getting 5.5 against a 4-4 Cowboys team missing their #1 receiver and CB? Seems a little strange.

Edited by Nostradamus

Winning solves all. We are "new money rich" right now... 5-3. We're more excited that most outsiders are, because they have the blinders off. We are average - with what I would call below average talent. But we have the teamwork thing working for us - that is, until Freddy gets pissed that he isn't getting paid nearly what he deserves.

I would say an above average team with average players. Gailey takes average players and makes an above average team out of them. That is exactly what we are seeing.

I haven't gambled for a while, but the line seems obscenely high. The Bills have lost by more than 3 once all season, and they're getting 5.5 against a 4-4 Cowboys team missing their #1 receiver and CB? Seems a little strange.

Bills will be fighting this until they beat a good team on the road. Haven't done that yet

The Bills are an average team if you just look at the players.

Their record so far this year shows a team that has overachieved, due partly to a lot of luck (bounces that end up as pics or even pic-6's), certain players playing above themselves, and creative coaching early on in the season that surprised teams then (and not so much now).

In my opinion the Bills are still at least 2 good drafts away from any kind of serious playoff run unless they have an ungodly run of good luck (lots more good bounce INTs) and great health.

Music on the radio? Really? I never listen to music on the radio anymore. I might as well play the same 24 songs in heavy rotation from a CD. IMO that's all music radio does.

CDs?

Sirius/XM would make you believe in radio again.

And that is why he is very wealthy.

SOMEONE is listening to him, probably a lot here that refuse to admit it.

'I think he is great, but I don't think he is right about the Bills. I think he is a guy that is working under conditions that demand he relates to a national audience. That often leaves Buffalo "in the cold".

Cowherd is relatively entertaining from time to time, arrogant and annoying much of the other.

Someone said he loves the Cowboys-He does...He has them in his top ten every week-even at 3-4 last week.

The Cowboys are 4-4.

The Bills are 5-3.

Do the math.

Right now we are the better team.

This will be another very close game.

Bills win in end.

Romo is a total clown.

We still owe Dallas an Ass-Whooping from that MNF debacle a few years back.

The revenge tour continues!

The Bills are an average team if you just look at the players.

Their record so far this year shows a team that has overachieved, due partly to a lot of luck (bounces that end up as pics or even pic-6's), certain players playing above themselves, and creative coaching early on in the season that surprised teams then (and not so much now).

In my opinion the Bills are still at least 2 good drafts away from any kind of serious playoff run unless they have an ungodly run of good luck (lots more good bounce INTs) and great health.

+1

'I think he is great, but I don't think he is right about the Bills. I think he is a guy that is working under conditions that demand he relates to a national audience. That often leaves Buffalo "in the cold".

I am curious, why do you think he is great?

Other hosts, on a national level, manage to not talk about small market teams, without, daily, going on some diatribe why small market teams are inferior.

He is a guy who loves working under the conditions of a natioanl audience, because he is so bland an vanilla, he can only talk about what is most popular. He is the ultimate front-runner weasel. I have heard him say, more than once, he likes players more than he likes teams, and has no problem with switching allegences from year to year, because there isn't enough time in life to root for a "loser". I suppose there is some sense to that, but, IMO, he represents everything there is to hate about the state of sports these days, and, is the love child of every bad idea that ESPN has had over the course of its' existence. He contradicts himself constantly, verbally fellates himself incessantly, and his opinions change by the second. If somebody is going to be a guest on his show, he sucks up to them all the time leading up, and then dispariges them, or their cause, afterwards.

And, he just talks about himself, way too much...Dan Patrick, is only marginally better in that regard, but, Patrick is listenable, because he has a sense of humor. Cowherd is devoid of humour. And he just, essentially, lays out his opinion of the day, and repeats it over and over...eechh...he really is bad.

I am not one of those who "never listens" to him, because I normally here the first half hour of his show, a few times a week. I also listen to a lot of talk radio, and sports talk radio. I think, as far as sports talkers go, on a national level, he is far and away the worst. Maybe that is why he is popular...the worst things, in most entertainment mediums, tend to be the most popular. Cowherd has a formuala for all of his opinions. Whatever is "good for his business" is good with him.

Edited by Buftex

I am not one of those who "never listens" to him, because I normally here the first half hour of his show, a few times a week. I also listen to a lot of talk radio, and sports talk radio. I think, as far as sports talkers go, on a national level, he is far and away the worst.

Who do you like listening to? I can only speak for the people I get a chance to listen to, so here's my talking-head paradigm:

Gottlieb<Cowherd<Patrick<Ryan/Kirwan

Patrick is just as much as an insufferable snob as Cowherd, but, as you said, he has a sense of humor. That being said, I really don't dislike either one of them.

I am curious, why do you think he is great?

Other hosts, on a national level, manage to not talk about small market teams, without, daily, going on some diatribe why small market teams are inferior.

He is a guy who loves working under the conditions of a natioanl audience, because he is so bland an vanilla, he can only talk about what is most popular. He is the ultimate front-runner weasel. I have heard him say, more than once, he likes players more than he likes teams, and has no problem with switching allegences from year to year, because there isn't enough time in life to root for a "loser". I suppose there is some sense to that, but, IMO, he represents everything there is to hate about the state of sports these days, and, is the love child of every bad idea that ESPN has had over the course of its' existence. He contradicts himself constantly, verbally fellates himself incessantly, and his opinions change by the second. If somebody is going to be a guest on his show, he sucks up to them all the time leading up, and then dispariges them, or their cause, afterwards.

And, he just talks about himself, way too much...Dan Patrick, is only marginally better in that regard, but, Patrick is listenable, because he has a sense of humor. Cowherd is devoid of humour. And he just, essentially, lays out his opinion of the day, and repeats it over and over...eechh...he really is bad.

I am not one of those who "never listens" to him, because I normally here the first half hour of his show, a few times a week. I also listen to a lot of talk radio, and sports talk radio. I think, as far as sports talkers go, on a national level, he is far and away the worst. Maybe that is why he is popular...the worst things, in most entertainment mediums, tend to be the most popular. Cowherd has a formuala for all of his opinions. Whatever is "good for his business" is good with him.

He entertains me, and that is all that I'm worried about. He generally has opinions that aren't from the jock perspective, and his show isn't strictly sports and that helps. I think I am able to make my own judgments, and evaluations of the topics he presents, so HIS opinion isn't necessarily that important to me. What's more interesting is having someone like the writer Malcolm Gladwell on his show, and the free-form style of radio that sometimes happens on his show. His show often goes off on tangents beyond sports, and very unlike other "sport talk radio".

Another point that occurred to me is that Dan Patrick is very BLAND to me. He is obviously a jock. Very middle of the road, with a dose of oblivious jock arrogance. The "height and weight" thing for each caller makes it feel like a school locker room.

Cowherd is a nerd, and has many opinions that aren't "Middle American".

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Hate me if you will my fellow homers (and I'm as big a homer as you'll find), but I have to agree; we aren't much more, if any, than an average team. I think we are well above average offensively yet miserably below average on the defensive side of the ball. That makes for an average overall team.

I'm hoping that as the season progresses our D can catch up but I haven't seen any evidence, talent wise, that it can. The 'Skins game was an anomaly as we all know. We have one legitimate NFL starter on our DLine (two, if Kelsay plays DE), one in our LB core, and perhaps 2 in the secondary. That's five at most. When you're still six players away on defense, it's tough to compete week in and week out when you put all that pressure on your O.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't like Cowherd. He's an average sports talk host on an average network.

Calling him average is giving him way too mush credit. Cowherd is terrible. All he does is whine. Very annoying. I haven't listened to him in years.

He entertains me, and that is all that I'm worried about. He generally has opinions that aren't from the jock perspective, and his show isn't strictly sports and that helps. I think I am able to make my own judgments, and evaluations of the topics he presents, so HIS opinion isn't necessarily that important to me. What's more interesting is having someone like the writer Malcolm Gladwell on his show, and the free-form style of radio that sometimes happens on his show. His show often goes off on tangents beyond sports, and very unlike other "sport talk radio".

Another point that occurred to me is that Dan Patrick is very BLAND to me. He is obviously a jock. Very middle of the road, with a dose of oblivious jock arrogance. The "height and weight" thing for each caller makes it feel like a school locker room.

Cowherd is a nerd, and has many opinions that aren't "Middle American".

Fair enough. He does well in the ratings, so he must be entertaining somebody. I really don't have a problem with him not being a total sports guy, or having an turned up nose opinion about things, but he is just, to me, a very uninteresting person. His personality is just dull, to grating. He reaches far, for what I imagine he thinks, are witty analogys, that just don't work. I have never heard Malcolm Gladwell on there, that might be interesting. However, if I want to hear something a bit more heady, I would turn away from sports talk radio.

I agree about Dan Patrick...I once heard him talk for the better part of an hour about the tie he wore on Letterman the previous night. But, he can talk sports (the reason I am listening, after all). What I like least about his show, is all of the producers that share air time with him...it seems like, as you said, some big frat party, and we are not always privy to the jokes, unless we listen every day. ESPN seems to have embraced this idea that every guy is either a "metrosexual" or a "meat-head".

I am an NBA fan (rare here I know), so I find Scott Van Pelt a good mix of humour and sport...but, he does talk a lot of NBA, so I realize, not everybody's cup of tea. Honeslty, byond him, and Mike & Mike (inane at times, but they stick to sports) about the only things listenable on ESPN radio. I think the rest is kind of garbage.

FOX Sports radio, despite its' Fox affiliation, is a much better sports talk network. I think JT The Brick, is pretty snappy, runs a fast paced show, and he can be pretty witty as well, under his 'regular guy" persona. And, for football, on non-satallite radio, I don't think you can do much better than Chris Landry and John Fricke. The overnight guy, Ben Mahler is pretty damn funny too...

Edited by Buftex

For the record guys I turned on Cowherd when I saw this thread...he actually is interviewing multiple people about this Sunday and the Bills are a game he keeps asking about. It's the guests that say we won't win. He actually picks us to upset Dallas this weekend.

Also, regardless of what I think about Collin at a given moment his show is entertaining IMO. He's basically the Bill O'Rielly of sports and that is a good thing whether you realize it or not. He certainly does.

Scott Van Pelt Show >>>>> all other sports talk btw

He is less than a mediocre talk show host whose personal ego exceeds that of any other talker on ESPN radio/tv.

Once again I urge my friends in Buffalo to pressure the management of the station that includes coward on their schedule to take him off. Write and call local advertisers and ask them if they support someone who puts Buffalo down.

I just don't listen to the man when he comes on the air ... I gave him a couple of tries but between his ego and his hate of Buffalo it was a simple decision to just not listen.