This Team's Defining Moment

TPS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with SJBF. What if we lose the Jets game, but then beat Dallas and Miami to go 7-3? Will we be talking about Week 9 as the defining moment where we lost to the Jets or will we talking about the most recent win? I think the answer is obvious.

I think the key difference is that a win this weeks ensures that the second NYJ isn't a MUST win game.

If we lose this week, it will be.

I agree with SJBF. What if we lose the Jets game, but then beat Dallas and Miami to go 7-3? Will we be talking about Week 9 as the defining moment where we lost to the Jets or will we talking about the most recent win? I think the answer is obvious.

"Well, that's just you're opinion man..."

The Dude

I'm with you this feels bigger then the Pat's game. The Ralph is going to explode Sunday.

This game feels bigger than the Pats* game only because we beat the Pats* and now can go into this game thinking we can win and thinking about a playoff run.

The more games we win, the bigger and more important each upcoming Sunday will feel.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills defining moment will be when they get to hoist the Lombardi Trophy on Superbowl Sunday and then parade it through Buffalo.

That's not my point. I'll do it differently.

What if the Bills lose BOTH Jets games but win the other 7 games to finish with a 12-4 record?

What was the defining moment?

I hear you and definitely agree with the perspective you're trying to convey here. But I agree with the majority that this is a huge game, please allow me to communicate this a different way...

Given the AFC East and what the jets did to us last year this game is huge because it will be a defining moment for this Bills team and possibly the defining moment of the year for them.

No matter what the Bills do it will be a defining moment. Time will tell if it's the most important one and how they respond to it. If they lose and go on a winning streak doesn't mean this game wasn't a defining moment.

Normally I'm content to try and watch the game online as I have time. Not this one, I'm headed to the bar to watch it on tv. Can't miss it, if they win they're in the AFC East driver's seat. Wish I could be there, all of you lucky enough to have a spot at the Ralph make those of us who aren't proud. Go Bills!

That's not my point. I'll do it differently.

What if the Bills lose BOTH Jets games but win the other 7 games to finish with a 12-4 record?

What was the defining moment?

Fred Jackson's final carry in the game vs New England.

Fred Jackson's final carry in the game vs New England.

Or perhaps the TD pass that Fitz threw to David Nelson with 14 seconds left to beat the Raiders…

To GaryPinC… great post and I hear you.

I'm not arguing that this IS a huge game. Part of the dissent is semantics.

To add to your post, maybe part of it is that there isn't necessarily one defining moment in a season, but several.

I'm as amped for this game as I was New England but I'm feeling confident that the Bills are gonna win this week.

Just my gut.

I think this is a huge game, don't get me wrong. But wouldn't it be even bigger if we were to beat them on the road in four weeks in their house?

It will be but at the moment, they are 1 game out of being tied for first and we are in a good position of showing we are a team worth worrying about(we already think we are but there are still the typical skeptics).

Once they meet up next time it will be bigger for the bills to win and show what they can do on the road but right now, the bills need to win this game and keep the pressure on the afc east (jest and cheats).

Edited by The Wiz

This is truly a defining game because if we win there should be no doubters left ... however, I just heard an interview on Rochester radio where the guest basically said we haven't played any team with a decent defense so far.

The Jets are rested and drooling so this is a game where the 12th man and the team have to be on their game! I so wish I could be amongst the 70,000 ...

The defense has to make a statement ... the offense has to use its repetoire and we can shut Ryan up.

This is exactly the kind of game we haven't had in years. If you would have told me in August that we'd have a meaningful game in November I would have laughed....so that's really exciting.

Now, this is exactly the kind of game that any of the last 10 Bills teams would lay a major egg. If they don't lay an eff Sunday then the rest of the season can be pretty fun. I don't think it's the defining game of the season because I can't predict the future - the future may hold a game where in the Bills have to win to make the playoffs - that would be a defining game IMO.

I dont really like to define games in this way....because should we lose the boards will explode.

The season is a marathon not a race....and we will have another opportunity to beat them in the Meadowlands.

Now....I would like to win this game and frankly would like to sweep the series.....

But I refuse to be down on this team should they lose this weekend. We have come too far.

Every game is important, yeah right.

THIS game is the one that defines this team. They were manhanndled last year by the Jets. The players talk about it; they know they couldn't stop the Jets' run game. This game determines whether the Bills make the playoffs or not. Only two teams will make the playoffs from the AFC EAST, and it's very likely the Pats will be one of them.

The Bills have to beat the Jets on their home turf. This is going to be a game for the ages my friends.

Go Bills!

My opinion - If you want to make the playoffs, you have to win your division. Buffalo would make a huge statement if they are able to knock off the Jets this Sunday.

Or perhaps the TD pass that Fitz threw to David Nelson with 14 seconds left to beat the Raiders…

To GaryPinC… great post and I hear you.

I'm not arguing that this IS a huge game. Part of the dissent is semantics.

To add to your post, maybe part of it is that there isn't necessarily one defining moment in a season, but several.

I'm as amped for this game as I was New England but I'm feeling confident that the Bills are gonna win this week.

Just my gut.

No prob, I definitely agree there are multiple defining moments also. The first one for me was Chandler's TD against KC where we had first and goal inside the 5, botched some plays, a couple false starts and it's 3rd and goal outside the 10. Any past year it's a FG but when Fitzy tossed it down the seam for the TD I knew at that moment things would be different this year.

Not saying they'll make the playoffs yet, but years like this where we find real hope and witness a talented team starting to come together are special in their own right. Go Bills!

Every game is important, yeah right.

THIS game is the one that defines this team. They were manhanndled last year by the Jets. The players talk about it; they know they couldn't stop the Jets' run game. This game determines whether the Bills make the playoffs or not. Only two teams will make the playoffs from the AFC EAST, and it's very likely the Pats will be one of them.

The Bills have to beat the Jets on their home turf. This is going to be a game for the ages my friends.

Go Bills!

The defining moment was when we beat the Pats...We erased 7 years of frustration and also given the team the confidence to go and beat anyone (especially on the Bills home turf).