This Team's Defining Moment

TPS

Every game is important, yeah right.

THIS game is the one that defines this team. They were manhanndled last year by the Jets. The players talk about it; they know they couldn't stop the Jets' run game. This game determines whether the Bills make the playoffs or not. Only two teams will make the playoffs from the AFC EAST, and it's very likely the Pats will be one of them.

The Bills have to beat the Jets on their home turf. This is going to be a game for the ages my friends.

Go Bills!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game is important, yeah right.

THIS game is the one that defines this team. They were manhanndled last year by the Jets. The players talk about it; they know they couldn't stop the Jets' run game. This game determines whether the Bills make the playoffs or not. Only two teams will make the playoffs from the AFC EAST, and it's very likely the Pats will be one of them.

The Bills have to beat the Jets on their home turf. This is going to be a game for the ages my friends.

Go Bills!

I'm with you this feels bigger then the Pat's game. The Ralph is going to explode Sunday.

Totally agree. THIS is the team's defining moment. With Dallas and Miami to follow, the Bills have a chance to make a nifty little four game run.

This game will determine whether the road to the playoffs is bumpy or smooth--and for those of you keeping score at home, the Bills are on the wrong end of a playoff drought that's historically unprecedented, LEAGUE WIDE.

The division implications are mammoth. 6-2 at the halfway point puts us in a much better position than 5-5-3.

So yes, to say this is a game for the generations, not that far fetched, really.

Wake up, older timers. This team has a lot of history, yes. But history is happening now. And it's freaking sweet!!

GO BILLS!!

So if the Bills lose this game but win the final 8 in a row… what was the defining moment?

I will agree with those who said that yes, this is a big game.

But I'll also agree with Coach Gailey and his oft-stated opinion that "this week's game is the biggest game of the year… after this game, next week's game is the biggest game of the year."

Totally agree. THIS is the team's defining moment. With Dallas and Miami to follow, the Bills have a chance to make a nifty little four game run.

This game will determine whether the road to the playoffs is bumpy or smooth--and for those of you keeping score at home, the Bills are on the wrong end of a playoff drought that's historically unprecedented, LEAGUE WIDE.

The division implications are mammoth. 6-2 at the halfway point puts us in a much better position than 5-5-3.

So yes, to say this is a game for the generations, not that far fetched, really.

Wake up, older timers. This team has a lot of history, yes. But history is happening now. And it's freaking sweet!!

GO BILLS!!

Three ties would suck, I agree.

So if the Bills lose this game but win the final 8 in a row… what was the defining moment?

But I'll also agree with Coach Gailey and his oft-stated opinion that "this week's game is the biggest game of the year… after this game, next week's game is the biggest game of the year."

IF, we can't beat the Jets at home, I wouldn't put much chance at beating them on the road.

GO BILLS!!

This old-timer is wide awake, thank you.

Thing is, whippersnappers, it's been so damn long since the Bills were relevant that we've forgotten what big games mean. Absolutely, this game is huge -for all the reasons stated. But it would be just another Jet game if we weren't in a position to enhance playoff possibilities. Should we win, every game going forward will have increased defining moments as we close in on our first Playoff appearance of the century. They were all big during the SB era as well. We just came to expect positive results. We haven't had any expectations for a loooong time.

As fans, we're completely giddy about this game. I just hope the Bills keep it in perspective and just continue to work on getting better and finding a way to win.

Go Whiteout!

This old-timer is wide awake, thank you.

Thing is, whippersnappers, it's been so damn long since the Bills were relevant that we've forgotten what big games mean. Absolutely, this game is huge -for all the reasons stated. But it would be just another Jet game if we weren't in a position to enhance playoff possibilities. Should we win, every game going forward will have increased defining moments as we close in on our first Playoff appearance of the century. They were all big during the SB era as well. We just came to expect positive results. We haven't had any expectations for a loooong time.

As fans, we're completely giddy about this game. I just hope the Bills keep it in perspective and just continue to work on getting better and finding a way to win.

Go Whiteout!

:thumbsup:

Three ties would suck, I agree.

A little sensitivity for Captain Fat Fingers over here would be nice, thank you. :rolleyes:

A win this week defines this team.

A loss sets them up for a longer, steeper road.

That's not my point. I'll do it differently.

What if the Bills lose BOTH Jets games but win the other 7 games to finish with a 12-4 record?

What was the defining moment?

Agree. This is a big game, but it's silly to call it a defining moment. What if we win and still don't make the playoffs? Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing how we fare following our next loss (or even a 2 game losing streak). How do we handle adversity over the course of the entire season? We know we can win at the Ralph, but can we handle our business on the road (only 1-2 so far)?

I will say this, on an emotional level, it feels like a must win game. Especially, with the tough road stretch to follow.

Agree. This is a big game, but it's silly to call it a defining moment. What if we win and still don't make the playoffs? Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing how we fare following our next loss (or even a 2 game losing streak). How do we handle adversity over the course of the entire season? We know we can win at the Ralph, but can we handle our business on the road (only 1-2 so far)?

I will say this, on an emotional level, it feels like a must win game. Especially, with the tough road stretch to follow.

I honestly don't see how at 6-2 and 2-0 in the division with 2 more division wins all but guaranteed against Miami giving us 8 wins and 4 division wins with a game still to play against the Broncos (9 wins), we would miss the playoffs. Given that an 11-5 record should do the trick, that means we'd have to scrape together only two more wins between:

NYJ

DAL

TEN

SD

NE

A win this weekend makes reeeeeeeeeeeally puts the playoffs in our sites.

If we can finish this four game run (NYJ, DAL, MIA, NYJ) with a record of 3-1, I say that the playoffs will pretty much be a given...

This week's game is a HUGE step toward that...