This Team's Defining Moment

TPS

I wouldn't be surprised if Chan gives Brad Smith some extra plays. He was talking up Smith in the press and saying he could have done more with Smith if not for the lockout.

Personally I would wait until the Miami game to take any personnel risks. Jets will be tough, even at home.

I could see a pass maybe? An endzone type of play where he could tuck it and run or throw it away if pressured.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My surprises: David Nelson (love that kid), Brad Smith--if there is any justice in the world, he scores a TD by running over Aaron Maybin, and McGee-pick 6.

And, I think the 12th man does get to Sanchez :devil:

Edited by CSBill

IMHO;

on Offense

C.J. SHOULD have a break out game. The Jets are pretty stout at stopping the inside run, their major weakness this year has been sealing the edges. As much as I hate the idea of taking away touches from Freddy, this may be the time we try and use C.J.'s speed on the sweeps and flair passes. (then again I thought last week would be big for C.J. too, so who knows).

Also IMHO, the Jests have the best two cover guys in the league with Revis & Cro ... and I see them pretty much netralizing Stevie and Donald ... I see their next best guy (or a scheme rotating coverage) used on Chandler. Buffalo's "aces in the hole" are Nelson and Roosevelt, they don't get the hype or press, but I think they are pretty darn good when called on, I see a big game from one or both of these guys.

on Defense

I think Dareus has trouble collapsing the pocket this week (Mangold is a manamal), but I think Dareus helps in taking away their run game (it won't show in the stats, and won't be as much fun as 2.5 sacks, but he will play a good game). The Jests QB is "streaky", he's been playing well lately, but if we take away his run game, and fluster him early it could very well ruin his game. This is where the 12th man comes in ... if the fans at the Ralph are half as geeked as I will be in my living room he will be wetting himself during warmups. It also seems the Jests tend to turn over the ball a bit when they are "pressing", and for some reason this year we seem to be able to create turnovers, so this just may turn into a multipal turnover game.

There you have it ... my gameplan if I were Chan (and I'm not)

Sweeps and flair passes to get the ball to the edge, and a healthy dose of Nelson and/or Roosevelt with just enough attention to Steve and Donald to "keep the honest".

Throw up a brick wall to defend against the run, traumatize Shanchez, and let the turnovers begin.

I highlighted Donald because I forgot about Jones, sorry Donald, but coming off an injury I don't think he will be a factor and I don't think they will take him away. The Jets aren't going to be worried about him as much as they should be worried about Nelson IMO. So I think the one with the break out game would be Jones, depending on his health.

I also hope Troupe has a break out game as well, he is due and if there is any time for a big game it is now. Now that teams will start gameplanning for Dareus it should allow for Troupe to come in and use his unexpected power and teams will think he would be a break from the beast. I would also like to see Moats get a sack or two. Last week he played very well creating a lot of those sacks on Beck but not getting any credit, this guy is our best LB at rushing the passer hands down. I really hope we use Jackson for the outside runs some too becuase he has great speed also.

I expect our defense to stand out again this week. Spencer Johnson, Arthur Moats, McGee (injury) have finally got more play time last week. Johnson and Moats were breaking up protections every play, even if they didnt get to the QB. I have a feeling one of these three will make some huge impact tomorrow.

I often have dreams where I walk into a room and see the Bills game on TV, and realize that I had forgotten about it and also had forgotten that football season had even begun. I usually wake up in a panic.

LMAO!!! As if…

I also dreamed recently that a dog that I never had, died...it was tragic feeling when I woke up...it was odd

That's weird.

Can I assume that you've at least had a dog?