Lions Eagles Botch Trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82347ebc/article/lionseagles-running-back-swap-voided?module=HP11_headline_stack

Didnt really clarify why the trade was voided

The Detroit Lions' trade with the Philadelphia Eagles that exchanged seldom-used veteran running backs Ronnie Brown and Jerome Harrison has been voided.

Lions spokesman Bill Keenist said Wednesday night the team would have no further comment.

The Eagles announced Tuesday they dealt Brown to Detroit for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 draft. Detroit wouldn't confirm the move because the franchise doesn't until deals are done.

Detroit was looking forward to adding Brown to a backfield that might be without starting running back Jahvid Best for a while. He had his third concussion in Sunday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers

Edited by AReed Deep For 7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82347ebc/article/lionseagles-running-back-swap-voided?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Detroit Lions' trade with the Philadelphia Eagles that exchanged seldom-used veteran running backs Ronnie Brown and Jerome Harrison has been voided.

Lions spokesman Bill Keenist said Wednesday night the team would have no further comment.

The Eagles announced Tuesday they dealt Brown to Detroit for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 draft. Detroit wouldn't confirm the move because the franchise doesn't until deals are done.

Detroit was looking forward to adding Brown to a backfield that might be without starting running back Jahvid Best for a while. He had his third concussion in Sunday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers

Wow, sucks for the Lions. I believe Brown would have helped them.

Not to worry. I'm sure Harrison will be traded to the Eagles again next year.

I'm pretty sure they tried to trade McCargo to the Colts but he failed the physical.

Actually, I think what you are all mis-remembering, the Bills had a deal to trade Mike Williams (OL-bust from Texas) to the Lions. Somehow, the paperwork didn't get submitted on time...the trade was voided. The Bills ended up cutting Williams, who then tried to negotiate his own deal with the Lions, and it fell through. He ended up spending a season with the Jags (2006 or 2007...memory is hazy) before being out of the game for a few years, and landing with the Redskins.

As for the Ronnnie Brown deal, sucks for me. I thought I was being shrewd, and picked up Brown for my fantasy football team, early this morning...I need a running back, bad!

Your thinking mccargo to colts. I dont remember 100% but lions had similar... Wasn't it an issue of not faxing in papers on time?

Google is your friend the Bills tried to trade Derrick Dockery to the Lions but then failed to submit the paperwork. The deal could not go through and the Bills cut Dockery who then went to play for the Skins.

Google is your friend the Bills tried to trade Derrick Dockery to the Lions but then failed to submit the paperwork. The deal could not go through and the Bills cut Dockery who then went to play for the Skins.

But this isnt that scenario:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

2 hrs

Filed to ESPN: Ronnie Brown-to-Detroit trade voided because RB Jerome Harrison had health issues. Brown still an Eagle, Harrison a Lion.

Ding ding- that's it. I wasn't all that invested in the story, just chiming in to make sure it didn't go too far down the wrong track.

And Dockery is now with my "Girls" but is injured.

This is a little off topic

There has been a ongoing debate about Javid Best and CJ Spiller and which one was going to be the better NFL back......

Javid has been much better early......but what people were saying about he concussions is turning out to be true as well......a running back that is already on his 3rd concussion isnt going to be in the NFL much longer...running backs cant take concussions like that due to the nature of the position.....

So when its all said and done....CJ may end up being the more productive back

This is a little off topic

There has been a ongoing debate about Javid Best and CJ Spiller and which one was going to be the better NFL back......

Javid has been much better early......but what people were saying about he concussions is turning out to be true as well......a running back that is already on his 3rd concussion isnt going to be in the NFL much longer...running backs cant take concussions like that due to the nature of the position.....

So when its all said and done....CJ may end up being the more productive back

Sooooo, Spiller wins by default. I'm kidding though; I'm actually one of the people who thinks Spiller will emerge to be a huge weapon for the Bills. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it (thanks to Freddy) we won't find out for another year at least.

Sooooo, Spiller wins by default. I'm kidding though; I'm actually one of the people who thinks Spiller will emerge to be a huge weapon for the Bills. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it (thanks to Freddy) we won't find out for another year at least.

Stony,

I am thinking the same way as well....and I am also seeing improvement in Spillers running game even though he didnt do it last week.....

LOVED how in the Eagles game he threw that violent stiffarm to a would be tackler and picked up more yards....NOTHING tentative about that move.

If there is a silver lining in this...CJ Spiller wont have a lot of mileage on him because of Fred Jackson's productivity.....I would like to give Freddy a extension and then after this year slowley work CJ into a more balanced rotation. I actually really felt that against the Giants CJ would have had a good running game because the Giants looked slow to me off the edges.....but oh well

Stony,

I am thinking the same way as well....and I am also seeing improvement in Spillers running game even though he didnt do it last week.....

LOVED how in the Eagles game he threw that violent stiffarm to a would be tackler and picked up more yards....NOTHING tentative about that move.

If there is a silver lining in this...CJ Spiller wont have a lot of mileage on him because of Fred Jackson's productivity.....I would like to give Freddy a extension and then after this year slowley work CJ into a more balanced rotation. I actually really felt that against the Giants CJ would have had a good running game because the Giants looked slow to me off the edges.....but oh well

I think Spiller has looked worlds better than last year. He may be finally getting how to play at this level and that is extremely exciting