Is there any doubt we need a FRANCHISE QB ?

It's the 3rd game with a lot of bad throws of Fitzpatrick. Today 2 underthrows became int specially the 2nd cost us the game and that last drive prove we need a franchise QB. I know it's not all Fitz fault but it's clear as water. We have a very good backfield, a good group of WR, a decent OL (spite of the injuries). But the D doesn't make the right adjustments and the QB has all day to get rid of the ball. I'm just pissed, lose because a team outplayed you, fine. But lose because your own mistakes like today and that Cincy game just makes me crazy. :wallbash:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really didn't play that poorly overall, though he made three costly mistakes. Let's cut him a break until he does a complete nosedive. Let's have some perspective folks. They're 4-2.

Edited by GOBILLS78

lulz at this thread. Op probably had the majority of it written before the game...just itchin for a bad outing so he could click send.

:doh: Sorry to disappoint you but it was after the game. I'm just being objective. Look at GB we have a much better backfield, and why not better WR corp. But they have a great D and Aaron Rodgers BIG difference. The Lions have a good D and Stafford, they don't have our running game but they're a solid team (spite the lose against a brutal D today)

Please . . . we're 4-2. He had a bad game. The D was banged up and didn't play well. Who in the long line of undistinguished Bills QBs would you rather have? What makes you think the first three games were flukes? Let's see how Fitz does after the break before asking for his head.

NO I'm not asking for his head. He MUST be or QB this year but it's not the QB that will take us to the SB again. We need a Franchise QB.

Probably not. Fitz is and always has been a great back up quarterback. I can't begin to imagine what Gailey could do with an amazing talent at QB.

AGREE !!! :thumbsup:

:doh: Sorry to disappoint you but it was after the game. I'm just being objective. Look at GB we have a much better backfield, and why not better WR corp. But they have a great D and Aaron Rodgers BIG difference. The Lions have a good D and Stafford, they don't have our running game but they're a solid team (spite the lose against a brutal D today)

You're being anything but objective.

If you're going to play gunslinger football with your QB, he is going to throw some ints.

Both of those were underthrown and both were very good plays by Webster.

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

You're being more than a little reactive.

Go back to the Patriots game week three. There was a similar situation. Tie ball game in the fourth quarter; in field goal range. Fitz throws a lob ball into double coverage that is easily intercepted. David Nelson had no chance at the ball and it is nestled directly into the arms of the DB. This would've turned the game upside down. However in that case, a completely unnecessary pass interference by the other DB had us first and goal at the 1 yard line. We scored a touchdown and ultimately won the game so all is forgiven. Fitzpatrick makes these kind of game deciding mistakes.

yeah Fitz had a mediocre game(he did a few good things too along w the few butal mistakes and the seeming lack of focus at times).

But lets not forget his strengths. With his athleticism he can make an average O line look very good.He throws well over the middle and usually catches the player in stride so he can run. He is gutsy. He doesn't fold after making a bad play. He is probably in the top 30% of league starters in spite of his accuracy problems and questionable arm strength.

wow! the sky is falling chicken little.

why dont the bills go out and get a franchise corner after the poor game florance had.

to play the giants as close as the bills did with the fitz picks and the interferance penalties on florance is still a good sign to me.

fitz is still good enough after 6 weeks in my opinion

It's the 3rd game with a lot of bad throws of Fitzpatrick. Today 2 underthrows became int specially the 2nd cost us the game and that last drive prove we need a franchise QB. I know it's not all Fitz fault but it's clear as water. We have a very good backfield, a good group of WR, a decent OL (spite of the injuries). But the D doesn't make the right adjustments and the QB has all day to get rid of the ball. I'm just pissed, lose because a team outplayed you, fine. But lose because your own mistakes like today and that Cincy game just makes me crazy. :wallbash:

I concur. Fitz clearly threw the game away.

NO I'm not asking for his head. He MUST be or QB this year but it's not the QB that will take us to the SB again. We need a Franchise QB.

AGREE !!! :thumbsup:

Even if Fitz is not the perfect QB, he will have to do, because we have bigger needs at D and we are not drafting Andrew Luck. Consider Fitz our franchise QB and move on . . . we're on track for a winning season this year, with a good draft next year we are serious playoff contenders.

This is insane. We haven't seen this kind of offensive production in years, and it's in large part due to Fitz.

Maybe the problems lately have been a product of our WR-injury woes.

You're being anything but objective.

If you're going to play gunslinger football with your QB, he is going to throw some ints.

Both of those were underthrown and both were very good plays by Webster.

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

You're being more than a little reactive.

Reactive maybe. Yes you throw some int like Favre, he was a gunslinger to, but not at critical moments, and yes i'm being objective because it's the 3rd game in a row with this kind of mistakes. Look at the Phily game, Fitz throw a lot of stones in screen passes, and in the Cincy game the same. Fitz is and must be our QB this year but we need a franchise QB to be a contender for years to come.

I love how people CRY for a Franchise Quarteback.

Considering there are over 30 Teams in the NFL, please tell me who these Franchise Quarterbacks are other than the few obvious ones.

And these ones will never be traded for.

OH YES, lets get the in the LUCK sweepstakes because drafting a QB first overall is always guaranteed, a sure thing! :wallbash:

We could have won this game....JUST RUN THE !@#$ING BALL WITH 4 minutes left!

This is insane. We haven't seen this kind of offensive production in years, and it's in large part due to Fitz.

Maybe the problems lately have been a product of our WR-injury woes.

Nope, bad logic. The two picks were horribly under thrown balls to Stevie Johnson, in single coverage match up. Both of which Stevie had a step on his man. I guess Stevie didn't emerge last year as our best WR then. Darn, I thought he was pretty good too.

yeah Fitz had a mediocre game(he did a few good things too along w the few butal mistakes and the seeming lack of focus at times).

But lets not forget his strengths. With his athleticism he can make an average O line look very good.He throws well over the middle and usually catches the player in stride so he can run. He is gutsy. He doesn't fold after making a bad play. He is probably in the top 30% of league starters in spite of his accuracy problems and questionable arm strength.

I agree with you about his strenghts. That's why he must be or QB this year.

Nope, bad logic. The two picks were horribly under thrown balls to Stevie Johnson, in single coverage match up. Both of which Stevie had a step on his man. I guess Stevie didn't emerge last year as our best WR then. Darn, I thought he was pretty good too.

The picks were bad throws. All QB's make bad throws occasionally.

That doesn't mean we should junk Fitz.

Look at the Manning throw to Nicks for that big gain. If the passes to SJ were just like that at least one of them would had been TD. SJ is the real deal.

you're right! put Thigpen in, bench this Kitzgerald guy. Tank the rest of our games and we still have a shot at Luck

Enough, no more reading this nonsense

Edited by CSBill

Oh, here we go. Just stop please. Fitz has proven to be a franchise QB. If the Bills want to go out and surprise people by taking a QB in the first round next year, I won't agree with it but I'll support them for it. But you can't dictate a player's franchise value based on one game. Thats absurd.

I sorta agree we still need the bigtime 'franchise qb' but i can't kill Fitz for costing us one game after how good he's been this year. I will say that he'd be taking a lot more heat for this though if Donald Jones doesn't break up the sure int in the endzone vs Oakland.

For what it's worth Kelly had bad games like this too. Fitz had a bad game, but the D had a worse one. Additionally, we are 1 deep threat receiver away from have a perfect offense. We're 4-2, let's get healthy (especially our Dbacks) and see what they do when they come back. Bottom line is, the team is still exceeding expectations and Fitz has earned the right of a full season before he is cast off as "not good enough".

I sorta agree we still need the bigtime 'franchise qb' but i can't kill Fitz for costing us one game after how good he's been this year. I will say that he'd be taking a lot more heat for this though if Donald Jones doesn't break up the sure int in the endzone vs Oakland.

Exactly, until we're legitimately an overal solid team in all aspects, this is Fitz's team. If we're faced with the opportunity to draft a guy we think could be the next Kelly, we should evaluate all aspects of our teams and make sure we're a playoff caliber group before we worry about replacing him.

The picks were bad throws. All QB's make bad throws occasionally.

That doesn't mean we should junk Fitz.

exactly my god do you watch other games ? Rogers hit two Rams right in the numbers and they dropped it. Fitz had two bad tosses combined with a bad and injured D-line and some tough calls we came up short on the road. 3-1 in first quarter 1-1 so far in the second we are fine.

I typically use the heuristic of the over/under of 21 points. My assumption is that if a team can put up 21 points (we can even say 24) then they should win the game. Either way, our defense is very underwhelming. If Fitzpatrick can give a team 24 points consistently every single game, then he is good enough to be a starting quarterback in the league. This is especially the case if he doesn't turn the ball over very often and if he does, the interceptions don't result in pick 6's.

exactly my god do you watch other games ? Rogers hit two Rams right in the numbers and they dropped it. Fitz had two bad tosses combined with a bad and injured D-line and some tough calls we came up short on the road. 3-1 in first quarter 1-1 so far in the second we are fine.

He had more than two. Two were picked. Many off target. He played poorly and frankly today's game isn't a rarity for his career. People acting like KC is what he normally does are kidding themselves. He's middle of the pack. Middle of the pack isn't good enough longterm at qb. It'll do for now but not for long. He's got a lot more in common with jay Fiedler than Brady, manning, brees or Rodgers

Dude's a winner. We've been losing so long, too many fans can't even notice what a winner looks like. Sad.

He made a few bad passes, and is still one of the top ranked QBs this year.

Or losing so long that we are excited just to be competitive?

OK, Fitzy has come back down to earth but I think we can win with him.

Of course, if you are drafting and a franchise QB is there you take him. Take the best player on the board always and every single time.

He had more than two. Two were picked. Many off target. He played poorly and frankly today's game isn't a rarity for his career. People acting like KC is what he normally does are kidding themselves. He's middle of the pack. Middle of the pack isn't good enough longterm at qb. It'll do for now but not for long. He's got a lot more in common with jay Fiedler than Brady, manning, brees or Rodgers

Or losing so long that we are excited just to be competitive?

DUDE YOU JUST QUOTED THE 4 BEST QBs IN THE LEAGUE! PLEASE FIND ME 1 more THAT WE CAN GET BECAUSE THESE GUYS ARE GOING NOWHERE! AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOUR STUPIDITY!

DUDE YOU JUST QUOTED THE 4 BEST QBs IN THE LEAGUE! PLEASE FIND ME 1 more THAT WE CAN GET BECAUSE THESE GUYS ARE GOING NOWHERE! AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOUR STUPIDITY!

I'll tell you two things since you're new here.

1) That kind of stuff will get you removed in very short order. If you want to yell and call people stupid, go somewhere else because it isn't welcome here.

2) You're yapping like a chihuahua at one of the best posters on this board and if he wants he'll probably make you look like a buffoon in about 2 sentences.