Lets look at the postives of today

aussiebills

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year the Bills started off 0-8 and finished with a record of 4-12. This year we beat the Pats, Eagles and a good Raider team. Thus far, every game has been entertaining. Our record after playing a relatively tough schedule going into the bye week is 4-2. What is there to complain about?

What I have been most pleasantly surprised at (stunned by) is the drastically improved play of our OL. There is no doubt that the quick releases

of Fitz and the decisive running of Fred Jackson has been a factor in the upgrade of their performance. When you watch them play as a unit you see seams created for the run and adequate room to allow passing lanes for the qb. I have to give a lot of credit to the OL coach. Bell has improved, so has Pears and Harrison has in a short playing stint demonstrated that he can be a very good LT. I hope that he didn't suffer a serious injury in this game.

What I wanted for this team is to demonstrate progress and a sense that there is a direction that will allow this franchise to eventually be a serious contending team. I believe that they are not there year but are moving in that direction. Nix made the point that he wanted to remake this roster into a bigger and tougher squad. If you assess his drafts there is no doubt that he is doing that. In two short years Nix and his staff have to a large extent reworked the roster and created an organizational dynamic that keynotes competency and accountability.

To say the least I'm more than satisfied with what has been transpiring at OBD under the current regime.

I was embarrassed by all the catastrophizers on here earlier...we lose a tough game and people lose all sense of perspective.

I'm thrilled that we're 4-2, because we all know we could have EASILY been 6-0. We are competitive with ANY team in the NFL, we finally beat the Pats, we still have the Jets and Fish to play twice, and we're getting all sorts of positive media attention.

As for Fitzy, the kid completed 70% of his passes today and led us to 24 pts. His two bad throws came at really unfortunate times, but anyone who has watched this team this year knows that there have been at least a few times when Stevie went up to get that same pass EXACTLY how it was thrown today. The DB had better position on Stevie this time, though, and he couldn't get his body positioned to go over the top, so when the ball is thrown short, it gets picked. But to use THAT as your example that all of a sudden Fitzy isn't starter material or whatever is completely asinine, IMO. Fitzy has been BALLS OUT for us all year, and I would go to war with him behind center on any Sunday of the year.

We're 4-2...we have plenty to look forward to, and we're a LEGIT contender for the post-season this year....when was the last time we could say THAT??

I love what we've accomplished so far. It's actually fun to be a Bills fan again this year.

My worry is that it looks like we might be heading to 9-7.

Logic? We've won all our home games, and lost all the road games but one (and that was to an obviously weak KC team). If we keep this up we could win all 5 home games and lose all 5 road games for the 9-7 tally.

Home games: Redskins, Jets, Titans, Dolphins, Broncos. It's likely we win all these, with the biggest question mark being the Jets. That's a measuring stick game as far as the division goes.

Away games: Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Patriots. All could be very tough to beat at home - with the exception of the Dolphins.

I am HOPING we can pull out the sweep against the Dolphins, and finish up a nice even 10-6. But 9-7 and missing by a slender margin is a frightening scenario - one that could make us look back at the close Cinci and Giants losses with that familiar wistful "if only..." refrain.

Go Bills!

Well we got Washington next. After that we got the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins.

Then we have a HUGE 3 game set vs. the Jets, Titans and Chargers. All 3 teams we're competing with for the final playoff sports (if the standings remain as they are right now.)

I'm hoping we can go at least .500 during the next 4 games. Then that 3 game set will be huge in determining rather or not we finally see a playoff game in 2012.

You know, today's loss was tough, but I love the way this team plays. I am thinking we can win our home games as well. I think we can sweep both the Jets and the Fins because neither team is that good. I think the Jets are way overrated. We played the run well today and if we can do that going forward, especially against the Jets, we should be able to finish at least 10-6.

GO BILLS

I want this team in the playoffs so badly, that I don't know what I wouldn't do for it. I live and die by this team probably a little bit more than a sane person should do. It's bad enough where I partially believe the Bills only lose when I don't watch the game live at the stadium or at home. Because I had to watch it at a bar today, I felt like they would lose and it ruined my 3 hour drive home. Just can't let it go how it went down. In any case....

I've never been able to not figure out a team more than this years Buffalo Bills. The score of the games are so close that you can't tell which ones we win, we lose, or the clock just runs out. Today's game was the first one I felt was a true character test, and we failed. We relied on the HR ball too much, made a bad coaching call at the end with the INT. Fitz taking that sack at the end of the half, knocking them out of FG range was rookie dumb, and the defense made Bradshaw look good. Oh yeah, Florence made the certain fans want McKelvin to play. That says a lot. Now, in all fairness, i'm not mad at anyone. Yeah, things could have been done different, but Fitz, Chan, and Florence have done so much for us this far, that deserve a pass in my book. It just sucks that they all picked the same game to make mistakes.

For the season, here are my problems that just won't let me be comfortable:

~Defense, while the games are close, are giving up arcade game stats. It's bad, and I don't even know who to blame. Our D-Line, on paper should be amazing. Our LB's seem to be all over the place. We seem to have one CB that gets burned every game, but that can't be the difference maker. I mean, we can't get any pass rush without blitzing, but doesn't that go against the D-Line or OLB? Are you telling me that we are only one pass rush OLB and shut down corner away from being an elite D? I don't know the answer. It's frustrating and makes the team hard to read.

~The Wins, besides KC, who have we put away? Name a game we won where you weren't on the edge of your seat until the final drive. We either start strong or end strong, but can't play a full 4 quarters. The Giants game was the only exception, and we just made 3 major mistakes in that game. That's why today isn't so bad in the grand scheme for me.

~The Whole Leauge. What the hell is going on this year? Even the bad teams are pulling out convincing wins over good teams. I mean, Tampa got crushed by the niners then took it to the Saints today. The Seahawks beat the Giants, then the Giants beat us. This is the strangest year I can remember in a long time. It makes the playoffs almost impossible to predict. I think a team will have to go 11-5 to make the playoffs this year, and tiebreakers will be a nightmare.

I don't know, I think i'm just really frustrated. It's one thing for the Bills to suck and not take it so seriously because you have no expectations. It's another to have no idea what to expect from week to week and having to manage your expectations.

Lastly, just to address the fans on this board. Leave everyone's optimistic or pessimistic attitudes alone. Seriously, this team has done some serious psychological damage to all of the fans who've been with the Bills for more than 4 years. Anyone pessimistic, has every right to be and with good reason. The Bills made us this way. Those happy to be at 4-2 because you thought we'd be 2-4, good for you. Be happy, but don't bible beat because others aren't on the same page. No one, and I mean NO ONE, wants anything less than a Superbowl on this forum, except Lurkers. I think everyone needs to keep that in mind before they respond to posts. As off based as some people are in their thoughts, their hearts are with the Bills.

Go Bills....and please pay for my medical expenses if you keep playing this way