Lets look at the postives of today

aussiebills

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post, I was thinking about just this thing. I truly believe that the Bills will have to be 11-5 to get the Wild Card spot. (13-3 if they want the division) Look for the Raiders and Bengals to be there all year, competing with the Bills. I love that we beat the Raiders (tie breaker) but hate that we lost to Cincy (could hurt is at the end of the year).

Next two games are virtually must-wins for the playoffs. Blowing the Cincy and NYG games didn't sink the season. It just meant we don't have a margin for error.

If we don't beat the Skins with the bye and if we don't beat the Jets at home, making the playoffs will be tough. We need to be 6-2 at the midway point of the season because that second half of the season is brutal. 3 game road trip, revenge game at Foxborough, a game @ SD, and a two-teams-desperately-fighting-for-the-wild-card matchup with the Titans.

We need a cushion going into that.

..no one in dhere rite mind can be out a sorts about dis game because i've seen MANY times the Bills to not be even THAT competitive in those type games...so dont whine or fret cuz bye week is on time..GO BILLS!!!!

This is actually a work of art. A masterpiece really.

there are no positives. Our coach is a moron and our qb is a noodle-armed 7th rounder who doesn't know how to use a razor.

Our D is a sieve and only getting worse. Also, there is no hope of them getting better since this was the young guys getting torched...so now we officially know what they can bring and it's not much.

We are only about 5 plays away from being 1-5. The nfl and refs hate us and conspire against us, so even if we eventually field a talented team the powers that be will not allow us to make the playoffs.

our owner is about to die and the team will move to la.

oh, and our best player is a 30 year old running back so he's got maybe 3 or 4 good games left in those legs. You actually saw the beginning of his decline today. Under 3 ypc in the second half. Sorry freddie, your time has come and gone.

go away troll.

We lost two games by later field goals against teams who have a winning record. We had good shots to win these games and were not blown out.

We had some serious injury issues.

•  
  • We were without both outside linebackers, and were playing second year 6th round draft picks. (Merriman, Kelsay to Moats, Battan)

• We were playing with our "3rd string" nose tackle: (K.Williams, Troup to Heard)

• We were playing without two starting wide receivers: (Parrish, Jones to various)

• We sere playing with our third string LOT: (Bell out, Hairston out, to a shuffled offenive line)

)

That is 5 or 6 starters out and 10 incidents of substitution. And we lost by 3 points on the road. I would rather win :wallbash: but we should have won and will be getting 5 starters back (Kelsay, Merriman, Bell, Jones, Kyle Williams) back after the bye. That is a good investment in the rest of the year. :thumbsup:

In my prediction for the season, I had them 3-3 at this point, on the way to 9-7. So they're one game ahead of my expectations still.

This is such a work in progress. They certainly are interesting to watch, both with strengths and weaknesses. The losses are painful, the wins are exhilarating. There's plenty of room for them to get better if they can keep the injuries to a minimum.