Stevie Johnson calls Gailey "Megamind" LOL

I don't know if any of you heard Stevie on WGR (WGR is VERY pro-Bills atm) but he had an amazing comment about Gailey. It kind of gives you an idea where this teams head is and what they think of their coach.

He said of Gailey "He took the job that no one else wanted". He went on to basically say that Gailey was willing to coach a bunch of no names on a team that was in disarray and that the players won't forget that.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I don't know if any of you heard Stevie on WGR (WGR is VERY pro-Bills atm) but he had an amazing comment about Gailey. It kind of gives you an idea where this teams head is and what they think of their coach.

He said of Gailey "He took the job that no one else wanted". He went on to basically say that Gailey was willing to coach a bunch of no names on a team that was in disarray and that the players won't forget that.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!

That right there speaks miles to the amount of respect that he gets from his team. Good to see.

By the way...I love the quote in your signature :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great interview. Wish I could have heard it.

On the topic of no one else wanting to fill the coaching vacancy though - I find myself loathing Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Ron Rivera, Brian Shottenheimer, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Shanahan.

It seemed as if they detested the idea of coaching in Buffalo. For whatever reason, I felt personally offended by that.

On the topic of no one else wanting to fill the coaching vacancy though - I find myself loathing Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Ron Rivera, Brian Shottenheimer, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Shanahan.

It seemed as if they detested the idea of coaching in Buffalo. For whatever reason, I felt personally offended by that.

Bill Cowher recommended Chan Gailey to Nix and everytime he talks about the Bills in that CBS pre-game show he talks the Bills up. Even Marino speaks highly of the Bills (must be some reverse jinx he's trying)

It's funny because there are multiple threads here everyday commending all different players but the man most responsible for what's happening right now by far is Chan Gailey. Thank God he got fired by KC. It cannot be a coincidence that Thigpen was able to thrive that year with zero talent in KC and now Fitzy, who sucked on the Bengals- let's be honest- is doing what he's doing. The guy clearly knows how to max out his talent.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

As Fixxxer said, Cowher respectfully declined and recommended Chan. He declined ALL job offers that year to stay home with his wife who was dying of cancer. How do people forget that when they hate on Cowher? He didnt "diss" us, he had family obligations that were MUCH more important.

Bill Cowher recommended Chan Gailey to Nix and everytime he talks about the Bills in that CBS pre-game show he talks the Bills up. Even Marino speaks highly of the Bills (must be some reverse jinx he's trying)

It's funny because there are multiple threads here everyday commending all different players but the man most responsible for what's happening right now by far is Chan Gailey. Thank God he got fired by KC. It cannot be a coincidence that Thigpen was able to thrive that year with zero talent in KC and now Fitzy, who sucked on the Bengals- let's be honest- is doing what he's doing. The guy clearly knows how to max out his talent.

I couldn't agree more on the offensive side of the ball. The D is another issue. I'm hopeful that this years emphasis on D in the draft will pay dividends ... time will tell.

As Fixxxer said, Cowher respectfully declined and recommended Chan. He declined ALL job offers that year to stay home with his wife who was dying of cancer. How do people forget that when they hate on Cowher? He didnt "diss" us, he had family obligations that were MUCH more important.

Of course I have no proof, but I really think Cowher wanted the Bills job but just couldn't take it due to his wife's illness (as the Dr. stated) and then he recommended

Chan and has been in the Bills corner ever since. Can't hate on Cowher...we should be thanking him instead.

And Chan is the man. We finally have a coach who creates game plans around his team's strengths and the other team's weaknesses, rather than forcing some "philosophy or technique"

on every game (as if every game were the same). Listen to all of the players comments from last week, they were saying things like "the coaches knew this would work, we saw them doing this,

we knew we could be successful doing this, we added this just for this week because we thought they would be vulnerable to it." We finally have a coach who can make adjustments and is good

at game management (see the end of the Patriots and Eagles games). We finally have a coach who plays to win, rather than playing not to lose. A guy who is all about hard work, accountability,

TEAM, etc. A guy who gets the most out of his players, has his whole team prepared (see Roosevelt and Hairston most recently), is a straight shooter, and someone who the players like and will fight for.

After a long drought, we've finally got ourselves a real football coach boys.

I agree except I am not down on Cowher. It seemed to me he had legitimate family reasons, thought highly of the Bills and even suggested Gailey.

We finally have a coach who creates game plans around his team's strengths and the other team's weaknesses, rather than forcing some "philosophy or technique"

on every game (as if every game were the same). Listen to all of the players comments from last week, they were saying things like "the coaches knew this would work, we saw them doing this,

we knew we could be successful doing this, we added this just for this week because we thought they would be vulnerable to it." We finally have a coach who can make adjustments and is good

at game management (see the end of the Patriots and Eagles games). We finally have a coach who plays to win, rather than playing not to lose. A guy who is all about hard work, accountability,

TEAM, etc. A guy who gets the most out of his players, has his whole team prepared (see Roosevelt and Hairston most recently), is a straight shooter, and someone who the players like and will fight for.

Very well put...that sums it up nicely. I love that crafty southern way he has of dealing with reporters who ask dumb, long winded statement-questions. Just a little shake of the head, a certain look in the eye, maybe a very terse answer...as if to say "give it some thought and bring your "A" question next time. LOL, straight shooter, indeed.

Chan Gailey, Coach of the Year!

And Chan is the man. ....... A guy who gets the most out of his players, has his whole team prepared (see Roosevelt and Hairston most recently), is a straight shooter, and someone who the players like and will fight for.

As much as people may loathe Trent Edwards, Chan stood up to the kids who were mocking him during TC last year. Many saw this as Trent being a wuss and thought it was amusing that Chan called the kids out for acting like asswipes. But I think it spoke volumes to the players that this guy has their backs. In press conferences, media clips etc. Chan doesn't throw any of them under the bus, (Nix on the other hand has a way of floating motivation in an interview). Chan seems to have the respect of the locker room and believes in this bunch of misfits and castoffs because in a sense, he is one of them.