Current WR Free Agents

How is Ronald Curry's health now? He was really coming into his own, but had two bad injuries. He can't be too old. Might be worth investigating

Plagued by and Achilles and foot injuries, he last worked out for the Ravens in 2009, can't find anything on him after that.

Mike Furrey given the crossing routes we're constantly running. Jonnie Lee Higgins got cut from the Eagles too. He's fast as hell and returns kicks and punts. Not a route runner but blazing fast.

-Edit: It seems Furrey is now coaching somewhere. Add Mardy Gilyard in his place. He fits our team well - hungry and underestimated.

Edited by Big Papi

Derrick Williams late of the Lions and Penn State. Chad Jackson late of New England, our camp where we liked him and the Raiders.

Get someone with good hands who will go over the middle. No pusses or divas.

PTR

We have that. We need a guy to stretch the D and keep them honest.

We obviously need someone who is a threat to stretch the field. Is TO that threat, coming off of a leg injury at 37 years old? I'm not so sure. Either way they won't get someone settled in until after the bye I would imagine if they do look outside for help. As far as this week goes I think we need to see more Spiller in the slot.

They need a veteran WR with some speed to stretch the field. How about trading a 5th rounder for Lee Evans?

All kidding aside, there isn't much on the FA pile, I'd go with what they have unless they can trade for someone on a losing team for a late round pick. Otherwise, I would like to see more Brad Smith. Split him out wide so Nelson can stay in the slot.

I would also like to hear someone make a legit case for Owens. It's not crazy. Maybe his old house is still available.

As we went through this with the O-line where people wanted to bring whatever free agent was out there...No. Just No.

There's a couple guys out there who may work, but I just don't see any guy out there who I can point to and say, "yes, he will be able to fill in"

Edited by jeremy2020

It's going to be a guy they have familiarity with (see Ruvell Martin). I think it'd have to be a no brainer to bring back Aiken.

Isn't Aiken sitting on the Practice Squad?

While we're throwing out names for fun, if they need to put someone on the active roster, I would imagine they would just promote him.

Isn't Aiken sitting on the Practice Squad?

While we're throwing out names for fun, if they need to put someone on the active roster, I would imagine they would just promote him.

I liked what I saw of Aiken during the preseason, and I'd like to see what he can do in a real game. Probably not ready for primetime, but at least he knows the offense. I think he's better than Roosevelt, anyway.

Paul Hubbard?

Felton Huggins?

Justing Jenkins?

Josh Reed?

LOL @ EZC saying Drew Haddad.

I assume the real answer is Aiken... Kamar that is, not Sam. Though I don't think he's really quite ready, but am eager to see what he can become.

Too bad no Marcus Easley this year. (Any info on that heart ailment at all? That might be better next year somehow...?)

The only ones from that list that may be given a call would be those -if any- who've played for Chan prior. Otherwise, I anticipate Buddy steppin' in and luring some guy off another teams' PS -as is his want.

Losing Donald Jones is a big blow! He was just beginning to believe he could be as good as Chan thinks he can be. Get well soon, Donald!