Brett Favre disses Aaron Rodgers

papazoid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. And on top of that, he's a good player. I don't think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I really was surprised it took him so long. Really, the early part of last year season, it hadn't quite clicked yet and I didn't know if it would. I just figured at some point, when they hit their stride, they're going to be hard to beat. And that's what happened."

I read that as a slight on Rogers. Favre is a prima donna drama queen who is not relevant today. Christ, just go away already Brett.

best comment on espn board-

mmcallister18

Brett Favre is absolutely right, Aaron Rodgers should won a Super Bowl earlier in his career. Particularly the season in which Rodgers was the backup and Brett Favre blew their chance to go to the Super Bowl by throwing a terrible interception in OT.

255 fans like this.

Aaron Rodgers, takes the high road, shrugs off Brett Favre

"I'm just going to say that I was really proud of our team," Rodgers said. "It takes 53 guys to win a championship and we had the right recipe last year and we're trying to do the same thing this season."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7064270/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-deflects-brett-favre-comments

I won't discount our many astute analysts on board here, but the reporters on Around the Horn all believe Favre dissed his understudy. FWIW..

Anyone who thinks otherwise is really trying hard to defend Brett because they liked the player and what he did on the field. We have to remember that off the field, he was a certified POS.

These backhanded compliments, coming at a time when GB fans are showing nothing but effusive love for #12, wreaks of professional jealousy. He was a great football player but a terrible human being. His life after the game is quickly certifying that.

I have always been a big fan of Brett Favre. I know he has his critics, and I used to spend too much time defending him. He is truly one of the greats of all time...but this whole thing just makes him look like a complete jerk (as if the dick pics weren't enough)...his agent should just recommend to him that he disappear for about 2 years, let people forget the unsavory, poor end to his great career, but, more importantly, let him put his career in perspective, for himself, before he makes public comments about current guys. In my book, Rodgers is already proving to be equal to Favre, if he keeps his current level of play going for another 3-4 years...he doesn't have to play 20 years...go away Brett, your fans are even getting sick of you now. Good for Clay Matthews. Favre is obviously missing the adoration of Packers fans, and it is killing him to see Rodgers succeed.

Edited by Buftex

A few of thoughts:

* I'm surprised so many of the "experts" took this as a slap at Rodgers. (I'didn't think it was a big deal. I guess these guys REALY KNOW him & understand what he's saying by reading between the lines.)

* Based JUST on what Rodgers has done so far in his career vs Favre - I'd take Rodgers for my team - every time. More disciplined. Favre was outstanding, but made many killer plays hurting his team at inopportune moments.

* Favre was always a jerk. (Personal experience - we lived in Milwaukee from 2000-2003, went to a Milwaukee Admirals hockey game with my kids (then about 9 & 6 yrs old), Favre was intoduced during an intermission. He was gonna give away some footballs, so he's standing behind the penalty box on one side of the ice (we were directly across from him (just above the protection of the glass/boards), he starts throwing balls around, then throws frozen ropes across the ice, I had to reach across my sone to deflect a ball headed at my 6 yr old daughter's head!) From then on, I wasn't his biggest fan to put it mildly. He's the kind of QB from my HS team - great athelete & star, but a jerk to too many. Stereotypical dumbass jock. Feels priviledged and entitled and cares about no one other than himself - witness his "retirement".

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

Anyone who thinks otherwise is really trying hard to defend Brett because they liked the player and what he did on the field. We have to remember that off the field, he was a certified POS.

These backhanded compliments, coming at a time when GB fans are showing nothing but effusive love for #12, wreaks of professional jealousy. He was a great football player but a terrible human being. His life after the game is quickly certifying that.

I agree, in essence...but I am not sure if he is a terrible human being, maybe just one is very flawed, and very immature for his age...

They are bashing Brett Favre on ESPN radio right now, so obviously the OP felt the same way, but leave it to this forum to bash someone who has an opinion or view that differs with anyone around here.

I agree mostly with the way the OP took Favre's comments, they were Backhanded comments, and that in my opinion is just lame.

I agree, in essence...but I am not sure if he is a terrible human being, maybe just one is very flawed, and very immature for his age...

Sorry Buf, I'm just saying that by my standards, anyone who cheats on his wife (and according to some, he's a serial cheater) is a terrible human being.

Rodgers is very good but Farve was amazing. He was a 3 time MVP and had arguably his best season at age 39. The league is much more QB friendly than it was for most of Farve's career. Teams are passing and scoring at record numbers. You aren't allowed to breath on or touch the QB/ receiver. Rodgers is on track but he still has a ways to go to match BF's career.

Favre needs a bit more credit here. Not only did he win a Super Bowl as a Packer, but he also won a SB for the Giants during his time in GB, and won another one for NO during his stay with the Vikes.

Favre needs a bit more credit here. Not only did he win a Super Bowl as a Packer, but he also won a SB for the Giants during his time in GB, and won another one for NO during his stay with the Vikes.

:lol:

Never looked at it this way before..

So, thanks to Brett, Brady and Peyton lose Super Bowls, which, had they faced the Gunslinger instead, would have ended differently.. hmmmmm

You're on to something here, me thinks.