Brett Favre disses Aaron Rodgers

papazoid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rodgers forever will be linked to Brett Favre. It’s what happens when you follow a future Hall of Famer, and Rodgers seems to accept the fact it’s part of football history.

Plus, there’s no use avoiding the inevitable. The media … ha-hum … will never let it go. Someone, somewhere, always will ask that question.

“I don’t think so,” Rodgers told NFL Network’s Michael Irvin when asked if he thinks the questions will ever go away. “On some level, you have to embrace the fact that you’re mentioned with a future Hall of Famer in the same sentence a lot. I’m always going to be the guy that followed him, regardless of what happens. I’m hoping we can go down in a similar sense to the way that Joe Montana and Steve Young are talked about.”

In his sitdown with Irvin — the full interview airs on “NFL GameDay Morning” Sunday (that’s 9 a.m. ET)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/10/06/rodgers-favre-questions-never-will-go-away/?module=HP11_content_stream

Edited by papazoid

I've spent years as a Favre fan. He's been my favorite non-Bill player pretty much of all-time. While everyone else was criticizing his indecision about coming back year after year, I was hoping for it each and every time. But now I honestly can't stand the guy. Ever since that whole dick pic story broke, the guy makes me sick. The fact that he's being a douche about Aaron Rodgers is just icing on the cake. I really thought this guy was different, but he's just another a-hole.

Eat a dick, Brett.

I read it as Brett was saying that Rodgers has been gifted with a really talented team and so that explains why he's been able to win a Super Bowl faster than Brett did, and is in position to win many more.

I read it as Brett downplaying Aaron's achievements as being "in the right place at the right time."

FACT - Aaron Rodgers is a better QB that Brett Favre. Suck it "Gunslinger".

NO, you read it exactly how Cowherd and Rome told you to.

Um, Brett...do you know what took Rodgers so long to win a World Championship???....YOU! If I recall, Rodgers had to ride the sideline for three years after he was drafted because you couldn't let go!!! Two years later, after you left Green Bay, he DID win the Superbowl! Speaking of "taking so long", there were a few years prior to 1996 when YOU finally won the big one that you lost a couple of NFC title games down in Dallas and a playoff game you choked away in San Francisco.

Brett, just leave Aaron Rodgers alone, shut up and stay in retirement where you belong. I've loved Brett Favre for a long time, one of my favorite athletes of all time, but slowly. I'm losing alot of respect for the guy...

Um, Brett...do you know what took Rodgers so long to win a World Championship???....YOU! If I recall, Rodgers had to ride the sideline for three years after he was drafted because you couldn't let go!!! Two years later, after you left Green Bay, he DID win the Superbowl! Speaking of "taking so long", there were a few years prior to 1996 when YOU finally won the big one that you lost a couple of NFC title games down in Dallas and a playoff game you choked away in San Francisco.

Brett, just leave Aaron Rodgers alone, shut up and stay in retirement where you belong. I've loved Brett Favre for a long time, one of my favorite athletes of all time, but slowly. I'm losing alot of respect for the guy...

Great post.

Sadly, Brett Favre is one of the finest examples of the great american sports hero who, through no fault but his own, managed to tarnish and sully his career and legacy.

"All that sounds good, but at the end of the day, Favre is a player-hater," said Harrison, a hard-hitting safety who spent 15 seasons in the NFL with the San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots. "He's completely jealous of Rodgers. Those fans in Green Bay treated Favre right. The media treated Favre right. He has no reason at all to be such a bitter, old man.

"Embrace this young man, compliment him. That's what he deserves. I can see if Rodgers was a jerk. He's not. He's a class act. He's a humble individual. We need more guys like this representing our league on a day-in, day-out basis."

Whew. Harrison dropped a "player-hater" on Favre. As far as Harrison is concerned, Favre has to sleep in the same bed he made.

"Let's not forget about Favre. He left because he wanted that," Harrison said. "He went to Minnesota, within that division. He wanted that. He went to the Jets. He's a guy who always wanted the attention, he's a selfish guy. That's Favre's nature. We understand that, we know that."

Harrison said Favre's former Jets teammates referred to the quarterback as a "prima donna" who had his own set of rules and didn't associate with the rest of the team.

Harrison then left some words of wisdom for Rodgers.

"Let's not get it twisted about Favre," Harrison added. "He's jealous, he's a player-hater. Rodgers, keep doing your thing, don't let this guy get under your skin."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822eabb3/article/harrison-favre-doesnt-have-a-reason-to-hate-on-rodgers?module=HP11_headline_stack