The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

so word on the street is that OWS is planning an organized protest at my companies downtown facility in Richmond tomorrow. This should be interesting...

Bonus points if you pee on them from your office windows.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so word on the street is that OWS is planning an organized protest at my companies downtown facility in Richmond tomorrow. This should be interesting...

I live right next to a small town with a downtown area not even half as big as Kenmore. Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner yesterday and ran into a single tent surrounded by homemade cardboard signs. "Occupy Jenkintown."

Idiots.

Can you open the windows? Drop job applications on them!.

Edited by Wacka

Gee, the banker who left the 1% tip and note to "get a real job" was fake.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you...

Link

After contacting the restaurant, its spokesperson Jami Reagan told us the receipt was Photoshopped, and they have the original receipt to prove it. Trending Now has received the original copy of the receipt, and we can confirm that it was in fact digitally altered. Reagan said the reason that the issue was not corrected quicker is because the corporate offices were closed over the weekend.

The original receipt does not contain the tip "Get a real job." Also, the real bill was for $33.54, not $133.54, and the tip given was $7, not $1.33.

The blog that originally posted the receipt, Future Ex-Banker, was taken down Friday as well. True Food Kitchen also says that the receipt was not altered by anyone on their staff, adding that they would never post any guest's personal information.

Gee, the banker who left the 1% tip and note to "get a real job" was fake.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you...

Link

I'm gonna steal something just heard Perino say and transform it a little:

Can you imagine going through life haunted by strawmen, like the people behind this clearly are? They have to create "big bad banker bosses", if for no other reason than to feel like the self-imposed ghosts that torment them are real some of the time.

Seems like wishing they were relevant enough to actually have someone care about oppressing them.

Don't let OWS hear this guys story....

Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country's top 1 percent by income, doesn't cover his family's private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex. "I feel stuck," Schiff said. "The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach."

The whole article is their wet dream for protests.

Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country's top 1 percent by income, doesn't cover his family's private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex. "I feel stuck," Schiff said. "The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach."

Hmm. And exactly how is this different than a cop, expecting a promotion, getting it killed by budget cuts, not being able to move out of his 2 bedroom into a house and feeling trapped?

People have abilities, and make choices based on them. Some do well and some do poorly, but all of them have expectations and dreams, and I don't remember which law says we aren't allowed to dream bigger....haven't they passed one yet?

Well, I suppose if you add base envy to the mix....

Then yeah, you have something that the 99% percent would get whooped up about....to bad for them 80% of Americans don't give a F what the 99% has to say.

:ph34r:

He is a banker... Take out a loan.

Hmm. And exactly how is this different than a cop, expecting a promotion, getting it killed by budget cuts, not being able to move out of his 2 bedroom into a house and feeling trapped?

The cop probably doesn't have a summer rental cottage and kids in private schools, both things that, while it may be difficult for someone used to that lifestyle to do, could be dropped to save money.

Myself, I'm between jobs right now, and down to what I consider the miminum for what I need to survive. But that's still just a little more than unemployment pays.

That's going to be rough. My sister and her husband are probably going to lose their house.

I feel cheated. About 15 people showed up and shouted for about 10 minutes, then dispursed. Although I did not see him, someone told me one nimrod was dressed up like a giant cigarette. LOL!

Do you work for Philip Morris? Free cigarettes for TBD! :D

I feel cheated. About 15 people showed up and shouted for about 10 minutes, then dispursed. Although I did not see him, someone told me one nimrod was dressed up like a giant cigarette. LOL!

:unsure:

Hell, I used to live next to a 7-11. That happened every morning.

Must have been Rob Schneider.