The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

How is this thread 52 pages? Either they define themselves as being for/against something,

Irony.

this one has created a bunch of complainers about complainers......

Though truthfully, most of us are just amused at their antics.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Irony.

Though truthfully, most of us are just amused at their antics.

Sad that some of the antics really aren't amusing. If they have a message, I wish they would get it out- even if I disagree with the message.

Sad that some of the antics really aren't amusing. If they have a message, I wish they would get it out- even if I disagree with the message.

Oh, c'mon. Who doesn't love a good flag burning? A little cop-car defecation? Babies on railroad tracks? Abandoned children? Spray painting city halls? Smoke bombs over the WH fence? Rat infestations?

Their message is very clear: Our life sucks. It's your fault. Forgive my student loans, gimme some money and start by taking it from those evil rich people.

I can't wait to see how batschitt looney they get when we get closer to the election.

And now the OWS movement has officially spawned complainers about complainers about complainers. Adam, taking it to the next level.

Thanks to you, it is now complainers about complainers about complainers about complainers. That would be the the fourth power, I believe.

Oh, c'mon. Who doesn't love a good flag burning? A little cop-car defecation? Babies on railroad tracks? Abandoned children? Spray painting city halls? Smoke bombs over the WH fence? Rat infestations?

Their message is very clear: Our life sucks. It's your fault. Forgive my student loans, gimme some money and start by taking it from those evil rich people.

I can't wait to see how batschitt looney they get when we get closer to the election.

If that is their message, fine. Let them vent and then it will be over. If not, get your message out. It either gets fixed or doesn't (if there is a problem to be identified). Then you can go home.

Edited by Adam

Thanks to you, it is now complainers about complainers about complainers about complainers. That would be the the fourth power, I believe.

If that is their message, fine. Let them vent and then it will be over. If not, get your message out. It either gets fixed or doesn't (if there is a problem to be identified). Then you can go home.

And your complaint makes it 5.

This is the PPP version of Last Post Wins

As exaggerated as your statement may sound, it's actually pretty spot on!

Maybe Herr Obama will send his minions to organize the "occupy youth" brigade

I know its way far fetched but I'm glad these idiots lack any cohesive ability to organize for a clear goal. If some type of strong motivating leader was ever able to organize these camps who knows what they could be convinced to do

Donn Esmode?

God no wonder I left WNY. This guy has been getting paid to write this crap for 25 years.

God what a pain. I'm glad I don't live in Oakland.

As they marched, the protesters chanted: "We are nonviolent," "All cops are bastards," "We are peaceful, the pigs are not." Two helicopters followed the crowd as it worked its way through usually quiet North Oakland residential neighborhoods.

"I heard the chanting outside the house and came outside to see what was going on," said Steve, 27, who would not give his last name. "I'm a strong supporter and a righteous believer (in Occupy). But it's kind of like, 'What are they accomplishing with this now?' "

Even their supporters are getting tired of them.

Edited by Chef Jim

Even their supporters are getting tired of them.

Funny. About 100 people walk around a quiet neighborhood, no one does anything violent, locals mock them, and the group calls it "an amazing action."

The only things missing from this picture is Henry Winkler, a boat, some skis and a shark.

Some folks didn't get that "we are non-violent" memo.........

Police: 11 arrested at Occupy DC site

WASHINGTON (AP) — Authorities say 11 people have been arrested in Washington's McPherson Square since Park Police began clearing away tents from one of the nation's last remaining Occupy sites.

David Schlosser, who is a spokesman for the U.S. Park Police, said Sunday that one of those arrested was charged with felony assault on a police officer and assault with a deadly weapon. That person is accused of hitting an officer in the face with a brick Saturday evening. The officer was treated at a hospital.

Three others were charged with assault on a police officer.

"If you identify as peaceful and are likely to interfere with the actions of your fellow protesters in any way (including telling them to stop performing a particular action, grappling, assaulting or holding them for arrest), you may not want to attend this march," one statement read. "It is a militant action. It attracts anti-capitalists, anti-fascists and other comrades of a revolutionary bent. It is not a march intended for people who are not fully comfortable with diversity of tactics."

In Frank Ogawa Plaza before the march, many in the crowd said the "diversity of tactics" included nonviolent civil disobedience. A man over the loudspeaker told the gathering crowd: "This is a nonviolent thing. It's going to be nonviolent like every other night."

After the march, Melvin Kelley, 19, of Oakland, said the online messages about violence and vandalism had been misconstrued.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/04/BAOL1N3901.DTL#ixzz1lXD4E9O4

Oh yeah, REAL easy to misconstrue their calls for violence. <_<

How is this thread 52 pages? Either they define themselves as being for/against something, or fade into oblivion. What is the big deal- protests happen. They evoke change. They disappear. this one has created a bunch of complainers about complainers......

The only thing this protest has evoked: Reducing the cost of ad content for the Republicans this summer. The OWS idiots are one thing. The fact that so many elected Democrats not only failed to see this for what it is, but openly or at least tacitly supported it in word and deed....is quite another. Early on in this thread I said that this was a very bad idea for Democrats. I was right. Now, this has 0 chance of going away.

Therefore, I fully expect this thread to continue right through to the election, as the Republicans will be all too happy to help the Democrats reap what they have sown. They'll even drive the tractor for them.

The Democrat thought it would be a good idea to try to create their own TEA party.....except they forgot to use the rational, mature, intelligent, non-violent people, that you find in the TEA party, to do it. Now, that's either because they are stupid, or, it's because they feel quite comfortable around irrational, immature, stupid, and/or violent people. Oh, wait, which party has today's labor unions in it again?

And now the OWS movement has officially spawned complainers about complainers about complainers. Adam, taking it to the next level.

Adam simply hasn't learned patience yet. There already has been some great lulz out of this. But the real fun we are going to have with this won't start for months.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The only thing this protest has evoked: Reducing the cost of ad content for the Republicans this summer. The OWS idiots are one thing. The fact that so many elected Democrats not only failed to see this for what it is, but openly or at least tacitly supported it in word and deed....is quite another. Early on in this thread I said that this was a very bad idea for Democrats. I was right. Now, this has 0 chance of going away.

Therefore, I fully expect this thread to continue right through to the election, as the Republicans will be all too happy to help the Democrats reap what they have sown. They'll even drive the tractor for them.

The Democrat thought it would be a good idea to try to create their own TEA party.....except they forgot to use the rational, mature, intelligent, non-violent people, that you find in the TEA party, to do it. Now, that's either because they are stupid, or, it's because they feel quite comfortable around irrational, immature, stupid, and/or violent people. Oh, wait, which party has today's labor unions in it again?

Adam simply hasn't learned patience yet. There already has been some great lulz out of this. But the real fun we are going to have with this won't start for months.

patience? I have little else. I watch people on both sides make fools out of themselves and laugh at them. When I get bored, I circle like a vulture.

patience? I have little else. I watch people on both sides make fools out of themselves and laugh at them. When I get bored, I circle like a vulture.

Dammit Adam, get off the fence and don't pretend to scoop down like a vulture. All you are doing is being an ass here by saying that. You are probably not an ass, but you need to get off your high horse and and take a stand for once.