The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

Question for you: I hear a lot about the TEA party wanting government out of business, which is nice, but nothing about keeping the businesses out of government. Have you heard anything of that sort? Both problems are equally troubling to me.

You're a law student now, right? You'll probably have to brief FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF BOSTON v. BELLOTTI, 435 U.S. 765 (1978) when you take a corporations class. I've long been a fan of the late Justice Rehnquist, partly because of his dissent in BELLOTTI.

You can't separate government and business and you never could. Practically everything the government does effects somebody's business. What business does obviously effects gov't revenue.

We simply need to be smarter about how they interact. There are solutions here. The real problem is: defining the real problems. We have to stop letting people distort and distract from them. Unfortunately, a lot of people get paid top $ on both sides to do just that.

Can we stop idiots in the financial sector from ruining markets? Sure we can. The trick is to start hitting them in the wallet, and stop trying to make them go to jail. Their biggest fear is having no money, and having to spend the rest of their life as, according to them, a nobody. They do not fear jail, if it means they still end up with money.

Example: I know a guy who had $40 million stolen from him by 2 Swiss bankers. They each got 10 years in prison. Then, when they got out, they had $20 million. Yeah, jail, great deterrent. :rolleyes: Would you do a 10 year term in a Swiss prison for $20 million? Perhaps not a Turkish prison :lol:, but Swiss? Maybe you wouldn't but there are FAR too many people who would.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So word is that they are hiring high priced lawyers, Im sure some of which who will work pro-bono, to go in to the courts and demand that the charges against the arrested get dropped, with the threat of clogging up the courts if charges arent dropped.

So essentially, they are looking to "take advantage of the system" for their own gain.

Ya know....kinda like what they are protesting against others doing.

For those who want to see Obama as a one term President you absolutely want this movement to continue and spread. This is our generations' Hooverville. How did that turn out for Hoover?

I think Conservatives need to start calling these encampments "Obamavilles"

I think Conservatives need to start calling these encampments "Obamavilles"

I like that better than Poopstock.

Meanwhile, the list of horror stories coming out of all the Obamavilles is a little concerning. Multiple thefts. A woman claiming she was raped. One guy flashing people. Teachers getting choked in Oakland. And we haven't even gotten to how much they hate Jews and how "white" everything looks.

Murder and rioting truly can not be too far behind.

Meanwhile, the list of horror stories coming out of all the Obamavilles is a little concerning. Multiple thefts. A woman claiming she was raped. One guy flashing people. Teachers getting choked in Oakland. And we haven't even gotten to how much they hate Jews and how "white" everything looks.

What will kill it dead is when reports that the donations they have received are being mishandled and stolen by the organizers.

But knowing the lamestream, they wont report that.

Thats my biggest fear. This is one of those situations where if one small group decides to become violent, the entire group could.

As for the rape: there's !@#$s in every large group.

Theft? We're talking about a movement that basically wants to redistribute privately owned property "equitably". If they want to turn around and whine about their privately owned property being redistributed...!@#$ 'em. It's what they asked for.

I'm sure there's a few people involved in these "grassroots" protests that have been eager for that to happen. Either the police stop it, and they get to cry about police brutality and how the government oppresses the "99%", or the police don't, and they get to cry about the government not caring about the "99%". Violence is a win-win for some people.