McGee's return??

D521646

I'm a big McGee fan, although I have gone on record suggesting that we trade him while he still has value, but I also like our DB's that we have now. I know some are not high on McKelvin, or Corner, but I like these guys, frankly, and are more than adequate in my opinion to replace McGee if they need too. McGee is NOT a shut down corner, IMO, and his stock isn't as powerful as it once might have been. So, when he comes back I expect Gailey to put him in, but my question to you all is, should he?

Tim-

What about Aaron Williams ... anyone heard anything about how long he's expected to be out?

I think all that's really been said is "awhile."

They need McGee back, especially without Williams. He's better than Corner, if he weren't he wouldn't have made the roster ahead of him, and this is turning into a win now season so age or upside have no bearing on the decision.

We need McGee back for week 17 simple as that, we have no-one else who is able to cover Welker, at least McGee will limit Welker to 100 yards...

Actually, that's a good point, he does seem to be able to limit Welker, which is more than most can. I actually hate Welker more than I do brady if that's even possible. :)

Tim-

Maybe the most exciting thing about the 3-0 start is that they have done it without McGee.

He will make everyone better on this team. Aaron Williams is not a good football player right now. Someday maybe. I trust Corner in there...especially as a #4. Now with McGee, Florence, and McKelvin, you have a 2a, 2b, and 2c to put out there 70% of the time. Just by more consistant overall coverage, you will give your D-Line that extra .2 seconds to get pressure or make a play on an extra 5-10 plays a game.

Wilson and Scott are smart players and with McGee in there, the only bonehead they have to worry about is McKelvin. Now you slide over some help to McKelvin's side when he is at risk and the safetys can focus on their own assignments and recognition instead of subsidizing both McKelvin and a rookie. Barnett is great at awareness too. Basically you can play a lot of bend but don't break against the better teams and measure your shots for blitzes or jumping a route. Now it seems you can trust your offense to get you points.....so the entire philosophy of the team can be suited to the week's opponent and not just "hang on".

I think we're going to have a lot of safeties playing Sunday. It makes a huge difference that we're playing the Bengals with a rookie QB, not a lot of stud receivers, and without Benson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Byrd playing in the slot or on the outside in some or most formations as a CB instead of FS. Bryan Scott will get a lot of work. We will try to blitz more I imagine and get a pass rush (I really do think we were playing contain as a matter of principle in the first three games). Rogers may play a bit but I think it will be spotty.

Who knows, maybe they have a lot of confidence in him. But an undersized, rookie 7th round CB who was hurt half of pre-season and didn't practice much is downright scary. We need either Williams or McGee back in two weeks when we have to cover DeSean Jackson and Macklin, etc. though.

I'm a big McGee fan, although I have gone on record suggesting that we trade him while he still has value, but I also like our DB's that we have now. I know some are not high on McKelvin, or Corner, but I like these guys, frankly, and are more than adequate in my opinion to replace McGee if they need too. McGee is NOT a shut down corner, IMO, and his stock isn't as powerful as it once might have been. So, when he comes back I expect Gailey to put him in, but my question to you all is, should he?

Tim-

We need him back. And I can't agree with you on Corner being adequate to replace McGee, Corner didn't even make the team. If not for injuries, he would be watching the game from his couch like the rest of us.

Actually, that's a good point, he does seem to be able to limit Welker, which is more than most can. I actually hate Welker more than I do brady if that's even possible. :)

Tim-

I always gave Welker a ton or credit for being an extremely sure handed smurf who plays tough. As a slot receiver, he's great due to his quickness and the LB, and SS matchups they get for him. With than said, his post game interview left me despising him as he spoke of his setting records, having fun, but those darned Bills ruined his record setting day. Punk.....

I think we're going to have a lot of safeties playing Sunday. It makes a huge difference that we're playing the Bengals with a rookie QB, not a lot of stud receivers, and without Benson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Byrd playing in the slot or on the outside in some or most formations as a CB instead of FS. Bryan Scott will get a lot of work. We will try to blitz more I imagine and get a pass rush (I really do think we were playing contain as a matter of principle in the first three games). Rogers may play a bit but I think it will be spotty.

Who knows, maybe they have a lot of confidence in him. But an undersized, rookie 7th round CB who was hurt half of pre-season and didn't practice much is downright scary. We need either Williams or McGee back in two weeks when we have to cover DeSean Jackson and Macklin, etc. though.

Benson is appealing his suspension and the decision hasn't been handed down yet, so he may be available for the Bengals. I saw they worked out Clinton Portis today...probably insurance should the league deny Benson's appeal.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/No-Benson-decision-today-Report-says-Portis-works-Stat-leaders-collide-Red-number-No-local-TV/1093846b-5d94-4bf7-93f0-821ea3a2b026

McGee should be back sooner than Williams, but who knows with hamstrings...Williams seemed to be getting quite a bit of playing time before he went out, not only on defense but on special teams as well.

Now would be the perfect time for Buddy to call the Vikings sinking ship, and propose a Winfield trade. Draft picks in return.

That's not the way to rebuild imo.

We are looking for a long term success, that means building up draft picks, not giving them away. If a veteren wants to sign with us, cool... but we shouldn't give away draft picks for anyone that is older than 28, imo.

We need McGee back for week 17 simple as that, we have no-one else who is able to cover Welker, at least McGee will limit Welker to 100 yards...

McGee is a horrible matchup with Welker and the Bills will do everything in their power to keep Terrence far away from him.

Personally, I think he's done as a corner in this league, but we could sure use him back as a return man since all of our reliable ones seem to be out.Then again, nobody seems to return kicks in this league any more so T-McGee might be taking an early retirement after this year. :(