Marvin Lewis Guarantee Victory over Buffalo

I agree. The Bills have a long way to go before they can mark anyone down as a win.

I'll be watching this game to see how this team responds. It's not uncommon for a young team to come out flat after such a huge and emotional win as we just had. So far, they're all saying the right things. It'll be interesting to see if they come out and take care of business.

This.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The Bills have a long way to go before they can mark anyone down as a win.

I'll be watching this game to see how this team responds. It's not uncommon for a young team to come out flat after such a huge and emotional win as we just had. So far, they're all saying the right things. It'll be interesting to see if they come out and take care of business.

It's not unusual for this team to come out flat, period. We really need to stop digging into these huge deficits before turning it on. That said, if we get a complete game on Sunday without stumbling out of the gate, I like our chances. Our defense hasn't been pitching shutouts or anything, but the Bengals scored 8 points last week. I'm pretty confident they're going to need to score a lot more than that to win this game.

It's not unusual for this team to come out flat, period. We really need to stop digging into these huge deficits before turning it on. That said, if we get a complete game on Sunday without stumbling out of the gate, I like our chances. Our defense hasn't been pitching shutouts or anything, but the Bengals scored 8 points last week. I'm pretty confident they're going to need to score a lot more than that to win this game.

Agreed on all accounts. It's one of the things about this thing I keep mulling over in my mind; they appear to just be scratching the surface. Offensively, they haven't played a full game yet. Granted they started the KC game om time; but recall the backups came in about the 9 min (?) or so mark of the 4th quarter. Did Spiller even play yesterday? He was nearly MIA. And the defense is missing McGee while Dareus is still a rookie and Merrimen is mostly MIA (for whatever reason we want to speculate). IMO, this team is still very much on the upswing. They just have to keep building and moving forward.

We're not good enough to use language like "Easy win". Not yet. This is a Cincy team that can hurt us if we fail to take them seriously. I think this may be the biggest "statement" game yet. (The one after the last statement game.)

Edited by #34fan

Originally Posted by Marvin

Question-You have a young team with a lot of guys who are used to winning because of their success in college. Do you do anything different with some of those guys after a loss to help reassure them and keep them ready?

ML: “We just have to continue to work at the things we're not doing as well. There's really not a big change. We're early in the year. We've got a lot of season ahead of us. And you know, at the end of this week when we're 2-2, there's going to be probably the other third of the league that’s going to be in the same situation. So I think we have to understand that.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...a-eb0d9cb6565e

Interesting...

Tim-

Interesting...

Tim-

I saw that on nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82299890/article/lewis-says-bengals-turnaround-will-begin-this-week-vs-bills?module=HP11_headline_stack

That will definitely get the Bills fired up for the game. I'm expecting a beatdown of the Bengals similar to Week 1 vs the Chiefs.

I saw that on nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82299890/article/lewis-says-bengals-turnaround-will-begin-this-week-vs-bills?module=HP11_headline_stack

That will definitely get the Bills fired up for the game. I'm expecting a beatdown of the Bengals similar to Week 1 vs the Chiefs.

I really hope so. As I said in another thread, this team really needs another win like the one against KC. It will boost confidence already brimming, even against a team like Cinci. We just need to not be overconfident...

They'd already have 2 wins if Marvin knew about the light air in Denver. Marvin went for it on 4th down, with his rookie QB, late in the game when a 53 yard FG would have given the Bengals the lead.

Any coach who is playing a game in Denver and doesn't adjust his kicking decisions accordingly should be fired before the team's next trip to Denver.

He cost me $44 and bragging rights that week in my football pool, so I was not happy as I listened to the game that evening driving home from the Bills/Raiders game. I'm counting on the Bills to avenge my loss.