Marvin Lewis Guarantee Victory over Buffalo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, do you expect him to say they are going to be 1-3 after this week? It's the same mentality that Chan has...this is not significant bulletin board material IMO.

I dunno.. I never heard Gailey say that the Bills were going to be 3 - 0 before the NE game, did you? I never heard Gailey say we were going to be 2 - 0 before the Raiders games, did you? I never heard him say we were going to be 1 - 0 before the KC game, did you? See my point? Coaches don't, as a general rule (Unless you're Ryan) call thier games. It's the NFL for crying out loud, dude. Any given Sunday perhaps you've heard the term? :)

Anyway, what you call "normal" appears to be abnormal for NFL coaches, especially losing coaches.

Tim-

Edited by D521646

I dunno.. I never heard Gailey say that the Bills were going to be 3 - 0 after the NE game, did you? I never heard Gailey say we were going to be 2 - 0 after the Raiders games, did you? I never heard him say we were going to be 1 - 0 after the KC game, did you? See my point? Coaches don't, as a general rule (Unless you're Ryan) call thier games. It's the NFL for crying out loud, dude. Any given Sunday perhaps you've heard the term? :)

Anyway, what you call "normal" appears to be abnormal for NFL coaches, especially losing coaches.

Tim-

I distinctly remember he said "they expect to win every game"...and snickering that statement produced on this board.

I distinctly remember he said "they expect to win every game"...and snickering that statement produced on this board.

Ok, justa quick note, I edited my post to substitute "after" with "before".. LOL Not sure what I was thinking there. I see your point, but Gailey saying he expects to win every game, you and I both know is just gamesmanship. I'm sure Gailey knows that we won't actually win every game, but saying it in the general way he did, he doesn't have to answer the question from the media every time and before every game.

Reporter: So coach are the Bills going to win this week against the Jets?

Coach: I said before the season started that we "expect" to win every game.

See my point? Apparently, Marvin Lewis isn't as savvy with the press as our coach is? Is all I'm sayin.. :)

Tim-

I'm sure Gailey knows that we won't actually win every game,

See my point? Apparently, Marvin Lewis isn't as savvy with the press as our coach is? Is all I'm sayin.. :)

Tim-

Does he???? We just slayed the dragon...it's all downhill from there, until the last game.

I understand, I just don't think ML is dissing us, that's all.

I saw that on nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82299890/article/lewis-says-bengals-turnaround-will-begin-this-week-vs-bills?module=HP11_headline_stack

That will definitely get the Bills fired up for the game. I'm expecting a beatdown of the Bengals similar to Week 1 vs the Chiefs.

Good bulliten board material for the Bills.

Holy ****!! Are we now getting upset with the coach of our upcoming opponent because he says his team is going to win!? What the hell is he supposed to say?

"Buffalo is too good, we're forfeiting."

Edited by Realist

Holy ****!! Are we now getting upset with the coach of our upcoming opponent because he says his team is going to win!? What the hell is he supposed to say?

"Buffalo is too good, we're forfeiting."

Ironic that your moniker is "realist"..

Saying you're "expecting" to win is mainly generic (See previous argument), however, saying you're going to be 2 - 2 after the game is "specific"... The distinction is germaine to the argument, and you'd do well if you made an attempt to understand that.

Tim-

I really hope so. As I said in another thread, this team really needs another win like the one against KC. It will boost confidence already brimming, even against a team like Cinci. We just need to not be overconfident...

I think you said it best. This seems like a perfect trap game that overconfident young players can get caught in. We're coming off the high of one of, if not THE greatest wins of recent Bills history, we have the Eagles and Giants coming after this game, its an away game after two home games where we have been able to get used to playing in friendly confines, Dalton is a rookie, but that can be dangerous as we simply DO NOT have enough tape and knowledge about what he can and can't do in the Bengal's system. (remember how Trent was initially successful when he started, before everyone knew how to defend him)

So yes, I hope we win, I think we SHOULD win, but one characteristic of a solid team is to be able to win the games that we are expected to win. We have been pre-game underdogs every game so far, and I think that sometimes its even harder to win when everyone expects you to - perfect example being the pats this week: I don't think anyone would say we are a hands down better team than the Pats, we just had their number this week, and maybe they were not prepared for what we could do. We however, were very hungry, at home, and well prepared.

Now, that being said, our players have said nothing that leads me to believe that they are not still hungry. In addition, confidence and "expecting to win" are good things, but we just have to make sure that we are just as prepared, mentally, physically, and emotionally for Cinicinnati as we were for KC, the Raiders and the Pats. If we do that, I think we should be able to win the way we did in KC. We ARE a better team than them, its just that in the past (even during the glory years), we have played down to bad teams and up to good ones. We just need to treat each week like we are 14 point underdogs, regardless of the actual point spread, and prepare for each game like its the superbowl, regardless of who we are playing.

Go Bills, I hope marcell dareus tips and then picks a pass at the line, rumbles down the sideline, gets push out of bounds, lands on top of marvin lewis, flattening him like a cartoon, and causing Lewis to have to be carted off the field to be reinflated with all the hot air that he seems to be filled with right now.

Seriously, do you expect him to say they are going to be 1-3 after this week? It's the same mentality that Chan has...this is not significant bulletin board material IMO.

Exactly, it doesn't take much to get some people on here fired up does it? What would people say if Marvin Lewis said "Well, the Bills are pretty good so we probably won't win this week."? I agree with you in that it isn't even bulletin board material at all, much less significantly. A coach is supposed to say that. Now when you start mentioning individual players, etc. that is bulletin board material. How many successful coaches have said during press conferences that they "don't think they will win this week?" This week is set up to be the common trap game, a team coming off a huge win, playing a team that they should win. Let's hope they keep their heads level for this one.

Edited by billsfreak

I hope noone is getting too confident yet. The team is playing well. But the worse thing for any player, and fan would be to lose the intensity and get cocky. I am holding back until maybe week 10 before I start saying things like " Easy win ".

That is partly correct. The bills need to take them seriously. When are we as fans going to grow some balls and actually get a little arrogant. Do we believe in the team or not?