Is Fitzpatrick the perfect QB

bills7834

Before last season I was hoping Edwards or Brohm would step up and take the starting position and be the QB of the future. I like many didn't think much of Fitzy.

I really was impressed with his play last year but saw the untimely INT from him. I was totally fine with him starting this year and drafting the QB of the future next year after filling many holes mainly on defense.

With the Bills off to a 2-0 start they are getting a lot of press. I knew he played for the Rams and Bengals but didn't know much about his stats because I didn't care really thinking he was a career backup much like our current backup Thigpen.

His first game in the NFL with a large comeback. All the articles I'm reading now with all his comebacks during college while remaining calm.

Gailey runs a complex offense which puts a lot of decisions on the QB to make quick reads. Fitz with his Jimmy Neutron brain seems to be really grasping it. He is probably the best QB Gailey has had to work with to be the perfect fit for his offense. I'm including Aikman in this list. I think Gailey finally has his star pupil and has finally opened up his play book. When is the last time you've been able to say that the Bills out coached another team? Hell we lost the first SB by being out coached in my opinion. IMHO

Anyway I just have been thinking that Gailey has made bad QB's look good, but now he has a QB with the brains to run his offense and now they can make each other look good.

It's not secret YE OLE loves Fitz... that being said, it was imperative that he cut down on those 3 or 4 AWFUL throws every game. He's had a couple head scratchers in the first couple of weeks, but not as many as we had seen in the past. If he cuts down on those, the sky might be the limit. He definitely makes some brilliant throws out there.

Before last season I was hoping Edwards or Brohm would step up and take the starting position and be the QB of the future. I like many didn't think much of Fitzy.

I really was impressed with his play last year but saw the untimely INT from him. I was totally fine with him starting this year and drafting the QB of the future next year after filling many holes mainly on defense.

With the Bills off to a 2-0 start they are getting a lot of press. I knew he played for the Rams and Bengals but didn't know much about his stats because I didn't care really thinking he was a career backup much like our current backup Thigpen.

His first game in the NFL with a large comeback. All the articles I'm reading now with all his comebacks during college while remaining calm.

Gailey runs a complex offense which puts a lot of decisions on the QB to make quick reads. Fitz with his Jimmy Neutron brain seems to be really grasping it. He is probably the best QB Gailey has had to work with to be the perfect fit for his offense. I'm including Aikman in this list. I think Gailey finally has his star pupil and has finally opened up his play book. When is the last time you've been able to say that the Bills out coached another team? Hell we lost the first SB by being out coached in my opinion. IMHO

Anyway I just have been thinking that Gailey has made bad QB's look good, but now he has a QB with the brains to run his offense and now they can make each other look good.

Personally I think we lost that game because Scott Norwood missed a game winning 47 yarder in the waning seconds. But maybe that's just me.

I very much agree about Fitz and Gailey. Gaily even more than Fitz actually - with a QB who grasps his offense and runs it effectively, he appears to be way ahead of the game, including perhaps even Bill Belichick. National media syndicates have been gushing over Gailey's play calling and play design, and personally I think this is only the beginning. Gailey has the look of a man who knows he is better than everyone - a look Bill Belichick has worn for a long time.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

it was imperative that he cut down on those 3 or 4 AWFUL throws every game. He's had a couple head scratchers in the first couple of weeks, but not as many as we had seen in the past. If he cuts down on those, the sky might be the limit. He definitely makes some brilliant throws out there.

I don't understand why people are so concerned about a few bad passes in a game. If instead of badly missing a receiver would it be better if he threw it maybe 1 step too far ahead of the receiver so that it "looked better"? Would that be better? Why? No QB throws 100%. I think some of these "AWFUL throws" are just him throwing the ball away so that it doesn't get intercepted and he doesn't get sacked. As long as it's incomplete and doesn't kill a drive, what's the big freakin' deal?

I've been on the Fitz band wagon since the Jets game in New Jersey in 2009.

Edited by reddogblitz

It's not secret YE OLE loves Fitz... that being said, it was imperative that he cut down on those 3 or 4 AWFUL throws every game. He's had a couple head scratchers in the first couple of weeks, but not as many as we had seen in the past. If he cuts down on those, the sky might be the limit. He definitely makes some brilliant throws out there.

+1

He doesn't have a really strong arm. He says sometimes he likes to let receivers make plays. From a fan's perspective, this often looks like his long balls are being tossed up for grabs.

Those concerns aside, I really like Fitz. He seems very capable of reading defenses and making quick decisions. And he's something of a coach on the field, making little adjustments with the receivers.

+1

He doesn't have a really strong arm. He says sometimes he likes to let receivers make plays. From a fan's perspective, this often looks like his long balls are being tossed up for grabs.

Those concerns aside, I really like Fitz. He seems very capable of reading defenses and making quick decisions. And he's something of a coach on the field, making little adjustments with the receivers.

It doesn't look like that from my perspective. 7 TDs vs 1 INT somewhat speaks against that as well.

Personally I think we lost that game because Scott Norwood missed a game winning 47 yarder in the waning seconds. But maybe that's just me.

I agree that if that 47 yard fg is scored being out coached is never brought up. I also think that the Bills had superior talent to the Giants and it probably shouldn't have been that close. If memory serves me the Bills had the ball for just over 19 minutes.

Also to reply to another post. I know in mobile version this site doesn't show the second line. I wrote is he the perfect QB in Chan Gailey's offense. To make this offense work the QB must be mobile and make quick decisions. Fitz fits that bill.

Fitz is a gunslinger even if he doesn't want to have a label. He will throw the ball in to tight coverage and let his receiver make the play. Did you see that td pass to Chandler? I think the ball skimmed the front of the defenders jersey. With that type of qb you are going to get some picks. I'm ok with that as I think he will win more games than lose with that style of play.

I hate to beat a dead horse but Trent wouldn't make plays because he was afraid of making mistakes. 4th down with the game running out and he runs out of bounds. Throw it up in the air and take a chance.

People talk about "it". To me "it" means that competitive desire to win and do what ever it takes to accomplish that. While Fitz is not the most gifted athlete he has "it".

I don't understand why people are so concerned about a few bad passes in a game. If instead of badly missing a receiver would it be better if he threw it maybe 1 step too far ahead of the receiver so that it "looked better"? Would that be better? Why? No QB throws 100%. I think some of these "AWFUL throws" are just him throwing the ball away so that it doesn't get intercepted and he doesn't get sacked. As long as it's incomplete and doesn't kill a drive, what's the big freakin' deal?

I've been on the Fitz band wagon since the Jets game in New Jersey in 2009.

Man I wish I could agree with you, I WANT to agree with you, but I recall some throws (one against cleveland in particular) in which the ball fell 10 feet in front of the receiver, I also recall a ton of passes where the receiver was wider open and the ball sailed atleast a few yards above him. Fitz makes amazing, tight, threading the needle type of throws, but also makes some head scratchers. Not sure if its the way he releases the ball which makes the occasional ball come up as a duck, but at the end of the day, I will take him over any of our last few QB's. He has the balls to make the tight throws (not Edwards), has the intelligence and timing to make the short drop off pass when needed and let his receivers make a play (not JP), He is not a complete statue and does not turn into a ball of Jelly when he gets sacked a few times or gets pressure (not Bledsoe or Rob Johnson). He is a gunslinger, he just doesn't have the elite skill to be an elite gunslinger like kelly, elway or (god forgive me for saying this) Marino. He will get picked off several times this year, but as we saw the last game, if he does not make those "unadvisable" throws, he also won't get the touchdowns we praise him for (see the Chandler pass against the raiders, that was all but picked off before Chandler caught it....not to mention the INT in the end zone which would have ended the game had Donald Jones not made an amazing play to prevent it). I am ok, with the tight throws, hopefully in time those tight throws will become more perfect (so the only person that can catch them is the WR), but the ridiculous overthrows and underthrows which are either mental errors or physical slip ups really should stop, and I think Fitz would agree. Not that I know him, I just blindly believe I can guess what he's thinkin.

Here's the opening post from a thread titled "Keep an Open Mind" which I started on November 16th of last year. It's in the archive now but after going back and rereading through it, I was impressed by most all the replies. Whether they were hopeful or skeptical, they were mostly fair and well thought out.

Is Fitzpatrcik the perfect QB for this offense? Maybe I'd say it this way. He may be the IDEAL QB for this team, this Head Coach and this region. He's no prima donna and he has just as much to prove as everyone else.

Lot's of people wanting to say that Ryan Fitzpatrick is or isn't worthy of being the Bills" #1 QB going forward. I cite the following:

1) Quick decisions & quick release = very tough to sack.

2) Stands up in the face of pressure and delivers accurate throws-downfield. I'd like to see the numbers on this but when a pass rusher is coming in unblocked he does not wilt. He's got guts and can take a hit. HE CAN BEAT PRESSURE!!!

3) While he has a few flyers-he very rarely has a misread. Wunderlick score aside, he obviously has a clue.

4) While they haven't won much with him, the losses are looking alot like those they had in 1986, if you catch my point.

5) The offensive line and receivers were supposed to be bottom of barrel. Well they don't look like it with him playing. Raising the level of play of one's teammates is the primary sign of a great player, in my way of thinking.

6) He can make plays in the "other" category. A scramble and a dive for a first down or a key block when a back reverses field. I am waiting for him to closeline a defender after a pick or fumble recovery. I think he'd deliver a blow. He is a football player.

I think the Bills could win 3 or 4 of their last 7 and go into next year looking like an organization that has an idea. Having a smart, tough, quick thinking, gunslinging, humble, team first and calm under pressure QB to lead them isn't so bad.

All this says in my mind that as fans we should let this play out and not let Fitzpatrick's draft round or college team cloud our judgement. Keep an open mind and let his play speak for itself. It's been so long since we have seen consistently productive QB play that it seems many of us have forgotten what it looks like. I think Chan knows it when he sees it.

Fitz is the guy...I dont care about how stong his arm is. I dont care that he was/ is a journeyman backup. The thing this team has needed for the past 10 years was leadership and guts. This whole organization has been missing that for years. Look at our town, Not just buffalo, but all of western NY. this is not a place for panzies to live. this isnt Maimi, or atlanta or Dallas. We needed a leader and thats what he is. I dont care how far he can throw the ball as long as he can win. in the end thats the only stat that mattered

Honestly would anyone care if fitz threw for 25 ints, (god Forbid) but we made the playoffs?

+1

I can recall alot of QB's with "rocket arms" who couldn't read defenses for sh*t. I'll take Fitz anyday...

I very much agree about Fitz and Gailey. Gaily even more than Fitz actually - with a QB who grasps his offense and runs it effectively, he appears to be way ahead of the game, including perhaps even Bill Belichick. National media syndicates have been gushing over Gailey's play calling and play design, and personally I think this is only the beginning. Gailey has the look of a man who knows he is better than everyone - a look Bill Belichick has worn for a long time.

I guess on Sunday, we'll see if Gailey can coach in the same stadium with Bill Belichick. (I think Gailey has that "aw shucks, I'm not the smartest guy in the room" Southern boy demeanor myself. Which means about as much as a Southern Belle being all sweet and complimentary over ya. Watch out.)

I really don't want to go back to "That" Superbowl. It's a matter of record that Kelly and the rest of the team have consistently said it was on them that the game hung on a FG in the last 47 seconds.

I do feel Levy was out-coached and out-managed in all 4 Superbowls, but he also got us there.

Man I wish I could agree with you, I WANT to agree with you, but I recall some throws (one against cleveland in particular) in which the ball fell 10 feet in front of the receiver, I also recall a ton of passes where the receiver was wider open and the ball sailed atleast a few yards above him. Fitz makes amazing, tight, threading the needle type of throws, but also makes some head scratchers. Not sure if its the way he releases the ball which makes the occasional ball come up as a duck, but at the end of the day, I will take him over any of our last few QB's. He has the balls to make the tight throws (not Edwards), has the intelligence and timing to make the short drop off pass when needed and let his receivers make a play (not JP), He is not a complete statue and does not turn into a ball of Jelly when he gets sacked a few times or gets pressure (not Bledsoe or Rob Johnson). He is a gunslinger, he just doesn't have the elite skill to be an elite gunslinger like kelly, elway or (god forgive me for saying this) Marino. He will get picked off several times this year, but as we saw the last game, if he does not make those "unadvisable" throws, he also won't get the touchdowns we praise him for (see the Chandler pass against the raiders, that was all but picked off before Chandler caught it....not to mention the INT in the end zone which would have ended the game had Donald Jones not made an amazing play to prevent it). I am ok, with the tight throws, hopefully in time those tight throws will become more perfect (so the only person that can catch them is the WR), but the ridiculous overthrows and underthrows which are either mental errors or physical slip ups really should stop, and I think Fitz would agree. Not that I know him, I just blindly believe I can guess what he's thinkin.

Couple of points here:

1) No question, Fitz would throw a couple of "WTF?" passes each game last year. So far this year, I have seen far less of these. Is it just me? I did see them in pre-season. A bunch of knowledgeable coaches keep saying Fitz has accuracy. On the "WTF?" throws, I have always wondered if it were a bad throw, or the receiver and QB not being in sync with the route. If some fraction of the starting core of WR stays healthy and we continue to see a lot less of the "WTF?", I'm going to lean towards it being a problem of not being on the same page with routes and that off-season work, extra film/discussion sessions during the season, and the chance to take "First" snaps is helping . Fitzy is short for an NFL QB, and under pressure, he will throw sometimes to where he expects the receiver to be when the ball gets there. So if he and the receiver aren't totally on the same page, it's a bigger deal than if he were 6'7".

2)Arm strength. To my eyes, Fitz definitely "jacked up" a bit in the off-season. Is it just me, or is there more "zip" on his throws this year? I have also seen longer throws.

3) Evans. I personally think Evans was traded for one and only one reason: despite having "earned his chops" as a quality NFL WR, for whatever reason he just couldn't "get on the same page" with Fitz. Who knows why, doesn't matter. So he went to a team with hopefully more use for his particular skill set, and made way for a WR who is more "in sync" with Fitz.

4) WR defending passes. Watch a series of "Classic Bills" games with Kelly and observe how important this was. Kelly would have had 2-3x more Ints if Thomas, Lofton, and Reed weren't very good at turning into defenders when the DB was in better position to make the catch. Last year, I didn't see the WR giving Fitz a lot of help in this area. So it's good to see them "getting an attitude" there. (perhaps they could give Leodis some tips? :devil:) Also coming back and diving for balls.

I gotta feeling.....Sunday night's gonna be a Good night, Sunday night's gonna be a Good night, Sunday night's gonna be a Good Good night...GO BILLS!

Ive liked fitz since he threw 3 tds in his nfl debut with the rams. It hasnt been too pretty since, until he joined the bills. I think hes a great fit. As to the 50 on the wonderlic score, you are horribly mistaken. The only player to have a confirmed perfect score was another harvard alumni, wr/p for the bengals Pat McInally, Fitzpatrick himself admitted to leaving atleast one answer blank so the best he could do is 49, but the Wall Street Journal published a report that he scored a 48, but his actual official score is unknown. As of now, it is, by general consensus that the WSJ article was correct in stating that he scored a 48. On the other hand, he did complete the test in a record 9 minutes

Fitz is smart and throws a nice ball. The main area he has a problem is that he sometimes doesn't throw it high enough for the receiver. That was the reason for the pick in the Raiders game, and for the near pick that Jones had to bat down. He wasn't trying to throw it high to Chandler for the TD, but if he had, it wouldn't have been nearly picked.

Unlike Jauron and maybe Murlarkey, it seems that Chan is effectively building a game plan around our offense. Saying is Fitzpatrick the perfect QB for Chan seems to be saying Chan already has a philosophy that people have to fill. The best coaches would build game plans around what they have NOT the other way around. An example would be when Miami had Brown and Williams they started running the wildcat more.

Edited by Swift Sylvan

Unlike Jauron and maybe Murlarkey, it seems that Chan is effectively building a game plan around our offense. Saying is Fitzpatrick the perfect QB for Chan seems to be saying Chan already has a philosophy that people have to fill. The best coaches would build game plans around what they have NOT the other way around. An example would be when Miami had Brown and Williams they started running the wildcat more.

I agree that a good coach will adapt his strategies to suit the players he actually has on his team, but at the same time every coach has in the back of his mind a preferred strategy for a hypothetical unconstrained roster. Based on what he's done in the past at Dallas/KC etc I don't believe that the Bills offense this season is significantly different than Gailey's unconstrained offense.

I think he is good enough to give us a wild card playoff birth, i feel as if his occasional erratic throws and gambling may cost us against tougher playoff defenses.

No fitz is not. Doesn't have a strong arm, has average mobility and could be a little taller/stockier.

As much as I keep looking for an angle tto counter his hype, Andrew luck is the only "perfect" QB to come along since maybe elway. But even at this stage theres no Comparison, luck is better

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No fitz is not. Doesn't have a strong arm, has average mobility and could be a little taller/stockier.

As much as I keep looking for an angle tto counter his hype, Andrew luck is the only "perfect" QB to come along since maybe elway.

I disagree, we don't know if Luck can even develop into an NFL QB yet, he is 100% hype

Fitzscreamy otoh is well versed in reading NFL defenses, finding the open receiver in under 3 seconds and making the plays needed to win games. Right now Fitz is making a crap O line much better then it really is because he gets the ball out so quickly, sorta Payton-esq.

There were tons of posts in the off season stating Fitz would never be a top QB. I must have made over 100 posts refuting those claims. Just by watching what he did against the Bengals-Steelers-Ravens last year showed me that he learned how to beat those defenses while he was the back up and part time starter for the Bengals. If this team needs something right now its a QB that can learn how to beat Rex Ryan's & Bill Belichik's defensive schemes, and judging by what Fitzscreamy did last season, I think he can!

This team still has many other needs and problems to be corrected besides a new QB to develop

Perhaps you missed the "...for Gailey's offense" part of the thread title.

That, and Fitz is actually better than average in terms of mobility.

As much as I keep looking for an angle tto counter his hype, Andrew luck is the only "perfect" QB to come along since maybe elway. But even at this stage theres no Comparison, luck is better

We are well on our way out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes...and could possibly be looking at taking yet another DB in the first round.

We are well on our way out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes...and could possibly be looking at taking yet another DB in the first round.

Perhaps. Personally, depending on how things end up, I can see us going for either an Offensive Tackle or an Outside Linebacker.

I've often said, if the coaches were reveresed for that game we win. Even the other three while the other team did have the better team with better stronger coaching we may have won one of them too. The first game against the Giants we had the better team but were out coached (don't forget too that one of those coaches was BB himself). That was why we only had 19 minutes of possession. That being said, I also think that Levy was the right type of coach to get us back to four straight. A more intense type of coach would have easily burnt out the team.

I agree that if that 47 yard fg is scored being out coached is never brought up. I also think that the Bills had superior talent to the Giants and it probably shouldn't have been that close. If memory serves me the Bills had the ball for just over 19 minutes.

Also to reply to another post. I know in mobile version this site doesn't show the second line. I wrote is he the perfect QB in Chan Gailey's offense. To make this offense work the QB must be mobile and make quick decisions. Fitz fits that bill.

Fitz is a gunslinger even if he doesn't want to have a label. He will throw the ball in to tight coverage and let his receiver make the play. Did you see that td pass to Chandler? I think the ball skimmed the front of the defenders jersey. With that type of qb you are going to get some picks. I'm ok with that as I think he will win more games than lose with that style of play.

I hate to beat a dead horse but Trent wouldn't make plays because he was afraid of making mistakes. 4th down with the game running out and he runs out of bounds. Throw it up in the air and take a chance.

People talk about "it". To me "it" means that competitive desire to win and do what ever it takes to accomplish that. While Fitz is not the most gifted athlete he has "it".

50 on the Wonderlich dude...50.......yeah it's nice to have a "gunslinger" with brains.

As to the 50 on the wonderlic score, you are horribly mistaken. The only player to have a confirmed perfect score was another harvard alumni, wr/p for the bengals Pat McInally, Fitzpatrick himself admitted to leaving atleast one answer blank so the best he could do is 49, but the Wall Street Journal published a report that he scored a 48, but his actual official score is unknown. As of now, it is, by general consensus that the WSJ article was correct in stating that he scored a 48. On the other hand, he did complete the test in a record 9 minutes

So someone posting that Fitz scored a 50 on the wonderlic (when the best he could have scored is a 49) is "horribly mistaken?"

I'm gonna have to stop posting here if we've raised the bar that high on inaccuracies and I hope your kids are doing great in school… like perfect.

:)

Doesn't have a strong arm, has average mobility and could be a little taller/stockier.

I strongly disagree. Average mobility? Haven't you seen him run, both upfield and out of trouble? Fitz's mobility masks line play which is often less than stellar.

Seriously, he is far more mobile and even athletic than the average qb.

I strongly disagree. Average mobility? Haven't you seen him run, both upfield and out of trouble? Fitz's mobility masks line play which is often less than stellar.

Yea, that guy must have missed the first Jets game last season, the one where Fitzscreamy was the leading rusher. Only Mike Vick had a slightly better YPC avg last season.

Well maybe a little above average but that's splitting hairs, my point is he's not someone who strikes fear in opposing defenses as a threat to take off and run, beat you with his legs, or known to actually thrive when the play breaks down.

Versus the league on that criteria, +1 = he's better, 0 = about the same, -1 not as good.

Sanchez -1

Brady 1

Henne 1

Flacco 1

Ben -1

McCoy -1

Dalton 0

Collins 1

Hasselback -1

Schaub 1

Gabbert 0

Orten 1

Campbell 1

Rivers 0

Cassell 1

Manning 1

Vick -1

Romo -1

Grossman 1

Newton -1

Ryan 1

Freeman 0

Brees -1

Mcnabb -1

Cutler -1

Rodgers -1

Stafford 0

Smith 0

Kolb -1

Jackson -1

Bradford -1

If I summed correctly hes -3 which is pretty much average. Change a half dozen names to positive and he's still pretty average. that's all I'm saying

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

So someone posting that Fitz scored a 50 on the wonderlic (when the best he could have scored is a 49) is "horribly mistaken?"

I'm gonna have to stop posting here if we've raised the bar that high on inaccuracies and I hope your kids are doing great in school… like perfect.

:)

Hey all im saying is that if your going to make such an impressive claim, such as a perfect score on the wonderlic, you better check your facts. Sorry im such a stickler on facts but i have spent my entire life studying and playing this game, (unfortunately, unless your brandon banks, being 5'11" and 150lbs doesnt get you too far past highschool football.) and studying the people who have coached and/or played, so when you make an inaccurate statement I WILL make it a point to call you on it.

Hey all im saying is that if your going to make such an impressive claim, such as a perfect score on the wonderlic, you better check your facts. Sorry im such a stickler on facts but i have spent my entire life studying and playing this game, (unfortunately, unless your brandon banks, being 5'11" and 150lbs doesnt get you too far past highschool football.) and studying the people who have coached and/or played, so when you make an inaccurate statement I WILL make it a point to call you on it.

Well first of all I didn't make the comment and second of all, if you're gonna sharpshoot people that'll be your karma.

My advice to you is to not take imprecision quite so seriously… btw, welcome to the forum.

Also gotta point out that if the Bills management has any common sense, Ralph would have to die before they would trade fitz for the rights to Andrew Luck. What the heck is it with you folks and unproven rookies. Jake Locker was considered to be #1 pick worthy before his senior year, but he was taken 8th and rides the bench behind a garbage qb like matt hasselbeck. What is it that makes people think luck will be any different?

Well first of all I didn't make the comment and second of all, if you're gonna sharpshoot people that'll be your karma.

My advice to you is to not take imprecision quite so seriously… btw, welcome to the forum.

That'll be my karma? what is that supposed to mean, exactly? Karma will work against me for seeking accuracy?

All i was saying saying is the guy who said fitz scored 50 was very very wrong. What the heck is wrong with that?

But thanks for the welcome. Kinda hate that when posting a second consecutive message in the same thread binds your two messages together. What if you want to adress multiple people at once? suppose thats what quotes are for but its no less annoying.

Edited by Slackware

Agreed. Most of us here are not perfect (and I am not perfect) - and therefore do not sharpshoot very much. When one like slackware does he/she does leave themself open for return fire. So let me be the first to point out that slackware's mistakes in grammar are numerous.

Edited by uforesircher

Agreed. Most of us here are not perfect (and I am not perfect) - and therefore do not sharpshoot very much. When one like slackware does he/she does leave themself open for return fire. So let me be the first to point out that slackware's mistakes in grammar are numerous.

Most of my grammatical errors are intended. Most folks on message boards put little stock on spelling and grammar so why do I want to seem like a smartass? Of course it doesnt help that Im extremely lazy and, at this very moment, drunk as hell. But I dont sweat the grammar. Its not like im writing a term paper right now. Either way, sharpshooting is a term used by those who dont check their facts. You cant give me a statistic I dont already know, so I will try to refrain from busting people's balls but dont act like you know something that isnt true because, like I said, I wont hesitate to point it out. Dont be a poor sport, just check your facts and admit when your wrong.

50 on the Wonderlich dude...50.......yeah it's nice to have a "gunslinger" with brains. I am not sure about perfect though. 2-0 feels like 8-0 right now. Marathon, not a sprint, right?

40 more hours, argggggggh!

48 dude, but in in record time (i think 9 minutes); either way, he's a savant.

Always a good thing to have brain power at that position.

Edited by CSBill

Well maybe a little above average but that's splitting hairs, my point is he's not someone who strikes fear in opposing defenses as a threat to take off and run, beat you with his legs, or known to actually thrive when the play breaks down.

Versus the league on that criteria, +1 = he's better, 0 = about the same, -1 not as good.

Sanchez -1

Brady 1

Henne 1

Flacco 1

Ben -1

McCoy -1

Dalton 0

Collins 1

Hasselback -1

Schaub 1

Gabbert 0

Orten 1

Campbell 1

Rivers 0

Cassell 1

Manning 1

Vick -1

Romo -1

Grossman 1

Newton -1

Ryan 1

Freeman 0

Brees -1

Mcnabb -1

Cutler -1

Rodgers -1

Stafford 0

Smith 0

Kolb -1

Jackson -1

Bradford -1

If I summed correctly hes -3 which is pretty much average. Change a half dozen names to positive and he's still pretty average. that's all I'm saying

Why not just go to ESPN and look up the rushing stats for 2010... http://espn.go.com/n.../false/count/41

In 2010 Fitz was the 63rd overall rated rusher, just one spot ahead of New Orleans RB Pierre Thomas. at 40 attempts, 269 yards a 6.7 yards per rush / avg.

To put that into perspective, the NYJets Brad Smith (now Bills wildcat QB) was 58th and had 38 attempts for 299 a 7.9 yards per rush / avg. - Mike Vick was 36th with 100 attempts and 676 yards, a 6.8 yard per carry avg.

Fitzscreamy is definitely more of a pocket passer then Mike Vick and there is no doubt that he doesn't strike fear into defenses with his scrambling ability like Vick does. But there is also no doubt that the guy is pretty darn more elusive then most NFL QB's.He was better then Tim Tebow last year

More perspective, Drew Brees was -0.2 Payton Manning was 1.0 Tom Brady was 1.0 which equates to 31 attempts at rushing and 30 yards rushed= 1.0 ypc avg :lol:

Edited by Harvey lives