BIG PAT WILLIAMS

coseybedaman

Hey Guys, Sorry if someone posted this already and I didnt see it. What do you guys think about the slim possibility of bringing Pat Williams back to Buffalo. Id say for sure he would be a nice run stopper to add into the defensive front occasionally. Obviously Troup is either a bust or a project, and either way I think we would benefit quite a bit from Pat. He has a lot of play left in my opinion. He has always been the underdog, and Id figure if anyone has the inside track on signing him at the very least he is familiar with our team. Especially being 2-0 we look a little more attractive than normal. Any thoughts?

What DL would you cut to have him?

Hey Guys, Sorry if someone posted this already and I didnt see it. What do you guys think about the slim possibility of bringing Pat Williams back to Buffalo. Id say for sure he would be a nice run stopper to add into the defensive front occasionally. Obviously Troup is either a bust or a project, and either way I think we would benefit quite a bit from Pat. He has a lot of play left in my opinion. He has always been the underdog, and Id figure if anyone has the inside track on signing him at the very least he is familiar with our team. Especially being 2-0 we look a little more attractive than normal. Any thoughts?

hmm.. 40 yrs old and 400 LBs...maaaaybe for that goal line stand

I'm all for it but probably won't happen, probably have a better chance of Jasper moving back. After corner I think our biggest need is a BIG run stuffing NT/DT as Troupe hasn't impressed nor can he stay healthy.

U sure he hasn't lost a step? It would seem a lot of teams would snatch up a legit run-stopping DT.

He was suspended for the first two games due to the starcaps saga a few years back. This prevented teams from being interested, a team will likely sign him now.

***************SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH****************

Why did we have to lose Pat Williams in the first place???? Big Pat was so beast when he was here...

Answer: Tom Donahoe. This was the biggest mistake of his tenure. :wallbash:

Sign em. He'd be a great mentor to the young guys and might have about 15 snaps per game left in him.

Exactly. And we are way under the cap. They need to get this done. We cant stop anything at the goal line, and like another poster said, this is our 2nd biggest weakness on D after the secondary.

We lost Pat Williams because of Gregg Williams - he didn't like fat guys!! Y'know the ones who make it impossible to run the ball. Remember what he said when a reporter asked him why he was making soooo many changes to the previous year's #2 defense in the NFL? He asked rhetorically "who ran the #1 defense in the league?" I knew then we were in trouble - and maybe just now we are starting to come out of our slumber!!

Maybe G-Williams was a nice guy. I don't know. But he wasn't emotionally ready to be a head coach. Yeah he had a file on every guy in the league, blah, blah, blah, but when you do what he did to our team, it was obvious he wasn't ready.