Dick Jauron

Estelle Getty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He admitted he didn't get a play called in time for the Bowns D and that allowed A.J. Green to score the winning touchdown. It was on PFT. Ironically as I was typing this I realized I forgot to shut the hose off and slightly flooded my garage but at least I didn't cost the Bills a win.

Too funny, BB.

It's hard to call plays in the NFL..... someone had to say it

On behalf of all of us who didn't have to type that, thank you.

(Whose turn is it next?)

He admitted he didn't get a play called in time for the Bowns D and that allowed A.J. Green to score the winning touchdown. It was on PFT. Ironically as I was typing this I realized I forgot to shut the hose off and slightly flooded my garage but atleast I didn't cost the Bills a win.

That is nothing new. DJ never called anything right when he was here.

Edited by Bart

That is nothing new. DJ never called anything right when he was here.

He always seemed to have a puzzled look on his face and predictably was slow on the draw. The onside kick on MNF against Dallas was completely inexcusable and yet he and his staff permitted it. Guy just couldn't make decisions in a timely manner. Caveat emptor Cleveland.

That's harsh and just wrong. Dickie plays the tampon 2 and there is no NT in a tampon 2 defense. He would want to put Parrish in as a penetrating DT or pursuit DE.

On the defensive note I was very pleased that we did not go into "prevent" aka the way you lose games defense when we had a large lead against the chefs. Even are wins last year I do not remember them using this bush league tactic. It seems Chanimal/Edwards don't believe in it.

He admitted he didn't get a play called in time for the Bowns D and that allowed A.J. Green to score the winning touchdown. It was on PFT. Ironically as I was typing this I realized I forgot to shut the hose off and slightly flooded my garage but atleast I didn't cost the Bills a win.

Typical Dickie J, go into panic/brain-lock mode when its crunch time.

Thank you Cleveland for taking DJ off our hands.

he was in Philly for a year but as long as he is not here is all that matters.

It's hard to call plays in the NFL..... someone had to say it

:worthy::lol::w00t:

On the defensive note I was very pleased that we did not go into "prevent" aka the way you lose games defense when we had a large lead against the chefs. Even are wins last year I do not remember them using this bush league tactic. It seems Chanimal/Edwards don't believe in it.

Totally agree. I can't tell you how much I hated our D under skeltor. Every 4th quarter getting pushed all over the field and giving up 3rd and a mile regularly. And as you point out on the rare occasions when we were protecting a lead.....we'd give chunks of yards up in a BS prevent. The Brownies are gonna be hating life soon.

I don't think that's true. What happened was Cincinnati quick-snapped the ball before the Browns D had lined up, ie. the play had been called but the defense hadn't lined up yet. The Browns D should have called a timeout but Dickie J had looked down to figure out his next playcall so he didn't see the Bengals trying to quick-snap.

Here's the article with Dickie J taking responsibility for it:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/09/cleveland_browns_defensive_coo_7.html

We all know Dickie J is good at taking responsibility with no accountability otherwise he'd fire himself.

The perplexing thing about this entire situation is that in a previous article Scott Fujita (LB) took responsibility for not calling the time-out but he did mention defensive players are not allowed to call time-outs unless the coaching staff on the sideline approves or signals it in.

That seems a bit unbelievable to me and harkens back to when our QB's weren't allowed to change the plays at the line of scrimmage. Good luck with Mr. Jauron, Cleveland!

Whats funny is during the game i was at a local watering hole and a bunch of browns fans were getting ready to watch the game there ( the bills game was also on another TV there ) and they kept coming over to me and saying " Thanks for giving us Dick J." I just said your welcome and laughed..They kept talking about how good there defense was going to be... Poor guys had no idea what i already knew..