Bills Stamina on Defense

Get at Marcia and he folds like a napkin. Everyone knows that.

But did you see what they did to the dolphins? Dolphins were gassed. Marcia did a hell of a job wearing them out. (Probably the first time i ever give marcia and her dad belly cheat any credit)

Which brings the question:

Our d is new, young, and so far, pretty awesome. But can we hang in there? Do they have the stamina or will they let Marcia tap dance back there?

But did you see what they did to the dolphins? Dolphins were gassed. Marcia did a hell of a job wearing them out. (Probably the first time i ever give marcia and her dad belly cheat any credit)

Our d is new, young, and so far, pretty awesome. But can we hang in there? Do they have the stamina or will they let Marcia tap dance back there?

I kind of feel it was almost like it was the other way around. Miami was poorly conditioned and they got gassed unusually quickly and Brady saw it and took advantage. And once he took advantage...game over. By comparison, we looked exceptionally well conditioned for our game on Sunday and the announcers made several mentions of it.

I kind of feel it was almost like it was the other way around. Miami was poorly conditioned and they got gassed unusually quickly and Brady saw it and took advantage. And once he took advantage...game over. By comparison, we looked exceptionally well conditioned for our game on Sunday and the announcers made several mentions of it.

That's cool that you mention that.

I thought it was a pats strategy.

One major difference is that the phish can't roll out guys like Carrington, Spencer Johnson and Troupe whenever they feel like it.

I think it makes a huge difference in a backup's effectiveness, too, to sub in after the starters have shoved the offensive line around a bit as opposed to the other way around. I mean, those same guys were backups last year too (albeit inexperienced in the case of Carrington and Troup) but it couldn't have been too exciting to come in after watching the D give up 8 yard runs.

i am more worried about the bills ability to stop brady and co in the first 3 quarters. i will worry about the 4th when we get there. actaully i am worried about a number of things heading into that game, none of which are specific to the 4th as of yet.

I

i am more worried about the bills ability to stop brady and co in the first 3 quarters. i will worry about the 4th when we get there. actaully i am worried about a number of things heading into that game, none of which are specific to the 4th as of yet.

I wasnt talking about the 4th quarter. They were running 2 min offense in the first!

Lets see how we stop the run and put up points on offense against a decent although not good Raiders team (They can run and play decent D, and their QB while not good isn't bad). If we stop the run well, and get some pass rush as well as our O-line holds up well I could see us having a chance against Brady.

But lets worry about week 2 not week 3. I think that the Raiders rush attack will be a good test for our D.

While watching the Pats-Fins game, Brady didn't give the Miami D a chance to sub players, and when they couldn't get off the field he caught them with a couple "too many men on the field" penalties. Then I watched the first half of the Oakland-Denver game and they picked up a flag, and the ref stated that Denver had to give Oakland a chance to sub players. Did anybody else see this or know what it's about?

<br />Seems like the kind of thinking that gets you beat. I don't take this game lightly at all.<br />

His thinking has nothing to do with our teams preparation. We're just fans. This is a message board designed to discuss our team, not become the team.

<br />While watching the Pats-Fins game, Brady didn't give the Miami D a chance to sub players, and when they couldn't get off the field he caught them with a couple "too many men on the field" penalties. Then I watched the first half of the Oakland-Denver game and they picked up a flag, and the ref stated that Denver had to give Oakland a chance to sub players.  Did anybody else see this or know what it's about?<br />

Wow. Very strange. I didn't notice that. Don't count on the refs stopping play vs the pats, so we can make subs.

While watching the Pats-Fins game, Brady didn't give the Miami D a chance to sub players, and when they couldn't get off the field he caught them with a couple "too many men on the field" penalties. Then I watched the first half of the Oakland-Denver game and they picked up a flag, and the ref stated that Denver had to give Oakland a chance to sub players. Did anybody else see this or know what it's about?

Its a heavy emphasis on an existing rule that prevents the offense from making a quick fire wagon substitution and not letting the D catch up on their subs. Its already a rule that exists they are just trying to enforce it better. And I would have to take a look at the situations but if a team runs a no huddle they don't have to give you time to change your personnel that's not flag worthy. Its only when you make a change on the offensive side of the ball that you have to allow the D time to sub.

So if Brady just simply ran a no huddle/hurry up and didn't let the Fins change a package its OK the Fins should have been prepared the first time out. BUT if the Pats* were running fire wagon changes and not allowing the Fins to match then yeah there should have been a flag.

If the offense subs players they have to give the defense the chance to do the same. New England wasn't changing players so no need to allow the Fins the chance to sub.

SSDD

let's over analyze everything after one game!

Week 2 comes before week 3

agreed, don't we play the Raiders this weekend? Jump off the Pats bridge when come to it, but we've got another one to navigate before we get to that one.

Edited by CSBill

Something to keep in mind:

Get Brady off the field and keep him off, and he can't wear you out.

Our offense needs to sustain drives. 3.4 yards per play moves the chains.

Our defense needs to take care of business and get Brady off the field. It doesn't matter if he starts at the 20 and breaks a 30 yd play to the 50 for a 1st down, if the next three gain <10.

That said, how 'bout those Raiders? We're playing the Raiders next week?

Yes. Oakland is going down.

Seems like the kind of thinking that gets you beat. I don't take this game lightly at all.

Isn't this something that the "talking heads" would call a trap game for us?

I am more concerned about the Raiders than the Pats. We know we can beat the Raiders but that doesn't mean it will be easy. Patriots, well, I still don't know if we can beat them but I'm liking our odds better than the past 5 years for sure.