Easley to IR

Casey D

Easley's Twitter page

Running through these tweets it doesn't look like a guy on death's door. He even said "minor condition, should b back real soon" two days ago. Cuiouser and curiouser.

PTR

My guess is that, if it's something he brought on himself thru sheer stupidity/immaturity (and we'll probably never know - nor are we entitled to know - due to HIPAA), then Gaiely/Nix probably just decided, "eff 'im!"

(Easley's $500K signing bonus plus $300K salary for sitting out last season, and $400K this season for being too stupid to do everything to take care of your body and make sure you're in a position to make the roster and contribute to helping the team win, is just the kind of thing that tends to piss-off the guys who write the checks and the coaches/GMs who are struggling to turn the Bills fortunes around, IMO.)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like I said here?

;)

Like anyone reads your posts.

And technically, the Bills aren't even privy to Easley's medical info - outside whatever the team doctors do - unless Easley consents. If he has a non-football medical condition for which he saw his own physician, even the Bills need his consent to get the info.

Whatever he did or has, I think the Bills have to give details now that he's on IR.

Actually, if its non football related...and certainly sounds like it is....it is likely that the new labor agreement does not allow the team to divulge the condition. I just think Chan was being cute with the media, instead of giving the standard privacy statement.

Like anyone reads your posts.

It hurts because it's true. :angry:

And technically, the Bills aren't even privy to Easley's medical info - outside whatever the team doctors do - unless Easley consents. If he has a non-football medical condition for which he saw his own physician, even the Bills need his consent to get the info.

Which might be written into the contracts; I don't know.

When people describe unknown illnesses that are career ending as something that the person would be ashamed or embarassed about such as AIDS, STD's or the like. It makes you wonder. If it was AIDS, it would explain things because of the possible blood exposure on the field...just a thought.

First of all.. what kind of STD would keep you out a whole year? None that I can think of.. and since there is no cure for AIDS what good would IR be? Maybe you should mix in some common sense with your thoughts.

First of all.. what kind of STD would keep you out a whole year? None that I can think of.. and since there is no cure for AIDS what good would IR be? Maybe you should mix in some common sense with your thoughts.

Yet...What if Chan cures AIDS during the bye week? Who's the stupid one then?

And to think getting the real scoop makes most everything make sense.

I still think that, because of what Gailey said earlier, and what Easley said on twitter, that it is not life or career threatening. They probably just couldn't wait for him to be cleared to play because they didn't know when that would be. I think, and hope, he will be just fine. Just highly disappointed and discouraged.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Actually, if its non football related...and certainly sounds like it is....it is likely that the new labor agreement does not allow the team to divulge the condition. I just think Chan was being cute with the media, instead of giving the standard privacy statement.

I cant believe how everyone has run with it like this. Essentially all he said is I cant comment, you would have to talk to him. You would think if it was truly something minor but totally embarassing, he wouldnt encourage any media contact. especially if he was breaking every rule in the book and putting him on IR as punishment.

Sounds like an illness, and that they havent been given any green light to discuss it yet. Not some hugely embarassing thing that is full of shame. Maybe Easley hasnt gotten solid info out to his friends, and family yet or any number of reasons he may hold off on a public announcement (especially if it is a heart condition)

Edited by NoSaint

According to the Buffalo News, it is a heart ailment.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/09/source-easley-has-heart-ailment.html

Here's the Buffalo Snooze link...

Source: Easley has heart ailment

Still pretty vague, and the comments from OBD seem pretty terse...

"Coach Chan Gailey on Monday said he’d rather have Easley disclose the ailment. Easley left Friday’s practice early."

Link - Washington Post

Link - Chris Brown

(Other columns have references simply to a "sudden 'mystery' illness" :unsure: )

Here's the Buffalo Snooze link...

Source: Easley has heart ailment

Still pretty vague, and the comments from OBD seem pretty terse...

"Coach Chan Gailey on Monday said hed rather have Easley disclose the ailment. Easley left Fridays practice early."

Link - Washington Post

Link - Chris Brown

(Other columns have references simply to a "sudden 'mystery' illness" :unsure: )

I dont think they play games and try to embarass him publicly if they are using the IR as a suspension tool. I think that whatever is going on has to be more than just a kid being a kid here. at the very least its something more serious than "ate too many wings." who knows, maybe it is something silly like a tattoo got infected or whatever, but id have to guess that whatever is the actual illness isnt a laughing matter if they are shelving him.

Edited by NoSaint