Comments About Gailey On Sirius

Bill from NYC

1) On "Moving the Chains," one of the announcers (not Kirwan, the other guy) called Gailey "one of the best schematic coaches in the NFL." I am inclined to agree. The offense looked decent at times last year, while indeed lacking talent.

2) Todd Haley is a sharp coach. He specifically mentioned K. Williams, Dareus, Barnett, Merriman and yes.....Carrington. He is impressed by our defense.

3) I'm still thinking about e-balls thread about Nix. Not so much mention was made about his comments wrt getting bigger and building a team to suit the climate. Also, Gailey said that "coming into the draft, stopping the run was the #1 priority. My point? Levy/Jauron did untold damage to this team. They littered the roster with small, inferior football players.

4) Thanks to all for a fun offseason. I for one actually like this board most around draft time, when hope runs high. There were some great threads to read as of late. Thanks to those contributing, and thanks for indulging me and my complaints about the way the team was butchered.

5) Let's go 1-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) On "Moving the Chains," one of the announcers (not Kirwan, the other guy) called Gailey "one of the best schematic coaches in the NFL." I am inclined to agree. The offense looked decent at times last year, while indeed lacking talent.

2) Todd Haley is a sharp coach. He specifically mentioned K. Williams, Dareus, Barnett, Merriman and yes.....Carrington. He is impressed by our defense.

3) I'm still thinking about e-balls thread about Nix. Not so much mention was made about his comments wrt getting bigger and building a team to suit the climate. Also, Gailey said that "coming into the draft, stopping the run was the #1 priority. My point? Levy/Jauron did untold damage to this team. They littered the roster with small, inferior football players.

4) Thanks to all for a fun offseason. I for one actually like this board most around draft time, when hope runs high. There were some great threads to read as of late. Thanks to those contributing, and thanks for indulging me and my complaints about the way the team was butchered.

5) Let's go 1-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I don't always agree with you, but this place would be less without you around.

Interview on Sirius with Adam Shine and Rich Gannon. This is a segment highlighting best interviews of the week.

On special teams production: "In order to get to the postseason, they'll need better special teams play."

CG: "we are going to probably have 5, 6 or 7 at some times on a kick team ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm out there on that are out there errrr ummm eerrr um that guys out there with no NFL that have done it on a regular basis, so ummmmm we'll have some young guys and you hope that they can go out and execute in that area without the reps, without the what they have been able to do, another thing that has happened with these, er umm in this uh, in preseason this year almost all of our injuries came from our rookies that we err ummm drafted. Not been able to understand the speed we're going to have to do, they didn't understand the getting ready for an NFL season and the guys with the FA the way it went this year. The guys that weren't able to start practice this year until the 4th day um after you opened in some cases the 7th day after you open training camp. That was...Those are the guys that got injured the most this year."

AS: "Why did you guys trade Lee Evans?"

Chan "Well, any time you are lookign at any situation you are trying to upgrade your football team, and you know, to say that Lee Evans wasn't a good player, that'd be a lie, and emmm he was a good player, um. Somebody made us an offer and we felt like we had a very good guys we could depend on and you not only look short term for your team you look long term for your team as well. And we felt like we had some good young develop that would uhh closed that gap for us."

AS: Who d you think will step up for that position? Who are you relying upon for this year?

Chan Well ...uhhh. Well, I think that is going to be the group, the WR grop, we all know about Stevie Johnson, he had a standout year last year, we know that Roscoe can play well when he plays. He's got to make a whole season and that's just something he's not done in the last two or three years in the season. David Nelson came on and played well for us last year and Donald Jones has a good chance to become a good player before it's all over with.

RG: Coach, CJ Spiller struggled a bit as a rookie, ball security learning pass protection issues. Where have you seen the most improvement of CJ and what is his role in the offense?

CG: His role is going to be ummm, special type situations until he does prove that he has accomplished both of those. We didn't get time to work on those things like we would, ball security has been alright his blocking and protection has not been where it needs to be, but its improved and hopefully he'll get more touches and playing time as he continues to improve.

On rushing defense, playing Chiefs who led NFL last year then Baltimore next.

CG:Biggest challenge we have, our number one priority going in to emumm to improve our run defense, we got to ummemmm umm stop the run or we won't be able to win. The number one thing our whole thought process in draft and assessing where we were going to play and to be and how we want to play this year is that thought in mind, how we can stop the run. Its going to be a big challenge, you got'ta keep'm off the edge, we have to stop them when they run up the middle and get a lot of hats to the ball and when that happens you take the chance of leading it one on one so thats a big a challenge we have right now.

Against Todd Haley:

CG: It's not a Todd Haley coached team, somewhere that fired ya, you'd be lying if you said it didn't mean a little bit more. Everybody umm so umm there is a little bit of something, but to say its not there, i'd be lying.

I really enjoyed hearing those words from Chan, just sounded honest and I like how he no longer just leaves his mumbling to "ummmmm" he had quite a few "errrr's" and a few "emmmummm's."

Interesting to hear that about the WR's. That we are replacing an entire roster of WR's for one guy doesn't sound like the best possible idea.

Interview on Sirius with Adam Shine and Rich Gannon. This is a segment highlighting best interviews of the week.

On special teams production: "In order to get to the postseason, they'll need better special teams play."

CG: "we are going to probably have 5, 6 or 7 at some times on a kick team ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm out there on that are out there errrr ummm eerrr um that guys out there with no NFL that have done it on a regular basis, so ummmmm we'll have some young guys and you hope that they can go out and execute in that area without the reps, without the what they have been able to do, another thing that has happened with these, er umm in this uh, in preseason this year almost all of our injuries came from our rookies that we err ummm drafted. Not been able to understand the speed we're going to have to do, they didn't understand the getting ready for an NFL season and the guys with the FA the way it went this year. The guys that weren't able to start practice this year until the 4th day um after you opened in some cases the 7th day after you open training camp. That was...Those are the guys that got injured the most this year."

AS: "Why did you guys trade Lee Evans?"

Chan "Well, any time you are lookign at any situation you are trying to upgrade your football team, and you know, to say that Lee Evans wasn't a good player, that'd be a lie, and emmm he was a good player, um. Somebody made us an offer and we felt like we had a very good guys we could depend on and you not only look short term for your team you look long term for your team as well. And we felt like we had some good young develop that would uhh closed that gap for us."

AS: Who d you think will step up for that position? Who are you relying upon for this year?

Chan Well ...uhhh. Well, I think that is going to be the group, the WR grop, we all know about Stevie Johnson, he had a standout year last year, we know that Roscoe can play well when he plays. He's got to make a whole season and that's just something he's not done in the last two or three years in the season. David Nelson came on and played well for us last year and Donald Jones has a good chance to become a good player before it's all over with.

RG: Coach, CJ Spiller struggled a bit as a rookie, ball security learning pass protection issues. Where have you seen the most improvement of CJ and what is his role in the offense?

CG: His role is going to be ummm, special type situations until he does prove that he has accomplished both of those. We didn't get time to work on those things like we would, ball security has been alright his blocking and protection has not been where it needs to be, but its improved and hopefully he'll get more touches and playing time as he continues to improve.

On rushing defense, playing Chiefs who led NFL last year then Baltimore next.

CG:Biggest challenge we have, our number one priority going in to emumm to improve our run defense, we got to ummemmm umm stop the run or we won't be able to win. The number one thing our whole thought process in draft and assessing where we were going to play and to be and how we want to play this year is that thought in mind, how we can stop the run. Its going to be a big challenge, you got'ta keep'm off the edge, we have to stop them when they run up the middle and get a lot of hats to the ball and when that happens you take the chance of leading it one on one so thats a big a challenge we have right now.

Against Todd Haley:

CG: It's not a Todd Haley coached team, somewhere that fired ya, you'd be lying if you said it didn't mean a little bit more. Everybody umm so umm there is a little bit of something, but to say its not there, i'd be lying.

I really enjoyed hearing those words from Chan, just sounded honest and I like how he no longer just leaves his mumbling to "ummmmm" he had quite a few "errrr's" and a few "emmmummm's."

Interesting to hear that about the WR's. That we are replacing an entire roster of WR's for one guy doesn't sound like the best possible idea.

I'm dismayed he pronounced "looking" wrong. Did he use a silent "g?"

I would just like to say, in no particular order...

1) Great job, Bill - and, as always, look forward to your perspective throughout the season;

2) The NYPD and NYFD are the finest in the world - never take these people for granted;

3) I still think we should have drafted Ryan Mallet in round 3;

4) I hope like hell Chan does not hold back anything, even after we are ahead...

Buffalo Bills 44

Kansas City Chiefs - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

"Against Todd Haley:

CG: It's not a Todd Haley coached team, somewhere that fired ya, you'd be lying if you said it didn't mean a little bit more. Everybody umm so umm there is a little bit of something, but to say its not there, i'd be lying."

You know he wants to kick his a#$%@#$# up and down the field . . . let's hope he does