Troup injured in practice

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person who thought Troup was good was Troup. Invisible in preseason, over matched last season.

I was at the Denver game and was too drunk to pay close enough attention, but my brother said that Troup was the best player on the field in the second half and then Buscaglia wrote the same thing on GR.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

McCargo 2.0

I have to agree. I really hoped he would develop, but like McCargo I think he's achieved his peak and it's not good enough. He may make a play rarely, but when he doesn't, he is no factor at all and doesn't help the team.

We are fortunatle to have Dareus -- he will make many plays.

God some of you people are lost parot parot parot

Torrel Troupe is a good player...he is a NOSE TACKLE....nose tackles dont make tackles they tie up blockers....you are not going to see big plays...he IS BETTER this year.....he is having some unfortunate problems with injuries...he went through his entire rookie season without injury so he is not injury prone player....

Get a fricken clue

God some of you people are lost parot parot parot

Torrel Troupe is a good player...he is a NOSE TACKLE....nose tackles dont make tackles they tie up blockers....you are not going to see big plays...he IS BETTER this year.....he is having some unfortunate problems with injuries...he went through his entire rookie season without injury so he is not injury prone player....

Get a fricken clue

Thanks for this! I have to shake my head when I read crap like I'm reading in this thread. KW is not a typical NT, Troup is. Big difference in what they are expected to do. That and the guy has a freakin' club for a hand right now. At this time last year, B.J. Ragi was struggling after a lackluster first year. He turned on during his second year and I see no reason why Troup won't follow suit.

I was at the Denver game and was too drunk to pay close enough attention, but my brother said that Troup was the best player on the field in the second half and then Buscaglia wrote the same thing on GR.

Troup also was taking up two blockers during the Detroit game and has gained kudo's from most of the people in the know who have been watching the games.

After a recent critique of Troup's play in the Detroit game, I went back to the broadcast (Which, I admit does not feature any one player.) and what I saw was an aggressive nose tackle doing what nose tackles are supposed to do. He had push into the backfield; he showed speed; he was agressive; and he got in on a couple of tackles. Nose tackles are not statistic collectors ... if they do their job then the rest of the defense has an easier task.

He spent the off season working on improving his strength and it is clear he was successful.

I continue to be amazed how segments of this board just hunt down players to attack without any validation for their critique. Rookies rarely star ... professional linemen take several years to develop into the best player they are going to be. To rip apart someone who is just beginning his second season and failing to notice is effectiveness gives us a much clearer idea of the person leveling the critique's competency rather than any true value as a criticism of a player's ability.

I don't know what some of you are looking at or what you think a nose tackle does but troup has been doing a great job. He gets doubled which opens lanes for darues and merriman and frees up williams and ontop of that he blocks holes up the middle cuz his big a$$ gets double teamed. Do you know football or just critique it from the couch eating cheetoes and drinking beer?

Lower back stuff is scary, I hope he gets the proper rest and lets it heal. Hopefully Heard could hold the fort for a short time if Troupe needs to miss any time.....

Indeed. The back is the most important part of a person's body. He needs to heal 100% before trying to go again, imo. Let Heard rotate through.

I have to agree. I really hoped he would develop, but like McCargo I think he's achieved his peak and it's not good enough. He may make a play rarely, but when he doesn't, he is no factor at all and doesn't help the team.

We are fortunatle to have Dareus -- he will make many plays.

BIG difference between McCargo and Troup:

1. McCargo was supposed to be the "quick, penetrating DT" that Jauron's staff wanted.

2. McCargo never showed up in top shape.

3. Troup fits the D that the current coaching staff and GM want to run

4. Troup has (reportedly) worked his butt off all offseason - a big thing during a lockout

5. Troup is MUCH bigger and stronger than McCargo.