Joique Bell

Charles Romes

After lighting it up in another preseason joique bell has made the roster of the super bowl contending saints. Hits the holes quickly, breaks tackles, has a nose for the end zone. What does a guy have to show in preseason to not get cut by the bills. I have the same feeling about kamar Aiken this year that I had about bell last year. An obvious NFL talent let go.

After lighting it up in another preseason joique bell has made the roster of the super bowl contending saints. Hits the holes quickly, breaks tackles, has a nose for the end zone. What does a guy have to show in preseason to not get cut by the bills. I have the same feeling about kamar Aiken this year that I had about bell last year. An obvious NFL talent let go.

I hate to say it, but me too. I don't think Aiken is quite as ready to contribute as Bell was, but he's close. I could definitely see him playing with the big boys on Sunday by next year. I swear I saw him do more in preseason than I ever saaw from Hardy. He's what I kept wanting to see Hardy become and is an example of a player I think they never would have cut based on his performance if they had drafted.

Edited by Matt in KC

Fred Jackson is still trying to prove himself to this coaching staff. It's really mind boggling....

When Chris Ivory comes off the Saints' PUP list in six weeks, the joke will be on Bell...

Correct. Bell played well but will bounce around rosters again based on injury. He's behind pierre Thomas, mark Ingram, and Darren sproles as it stands with ivory likely back in 6 weeks.

Correct. Bell played well but will bounce around rosters again based on injury. He's behind pierre Thomas, mark Ingram, and Darren sproles as it stands with ivory likely back in 6 weeks.

Then he can be our Johnny White if Johnny White can't get it done. He's good catching the Ball, and seems like he'd be a real good change-of-pace back stylistically. Don't get me wrong, I hope Johnny blossoms, but Bell looks farther around. I;d rather have White on the PS and /bell active for this year.

Then he can be our Johnny White if Johnny White can't get it done. He's good catching the Ball, and seems like he'd be a real good change-of-pace back stylistically. Don't get me wrong, I hope Johnny blossoms, but Bell looks farther around. I;d rather have White on the PS and /bell active for this year.

I think johnny White does a great job of running into the backs of the OL. I liked Bell better than White.

Bell can protect, too. I saw him lay down a couple blocks o' beauty.

He's at the tail end of the Saints depth chart. Chances are good he'll see waivers and be available.

<br />After lighting it up in another preseason joique bell has made the roster of the super bowl contending saints.  Hits the holes quickly, breaks tackles, has a nose for the end zone.  What does a guy have to show in preseason to not get cut by the bills.   I have the same feeling about kamar Aiken this year that I had about bell last year.  An obvious NFL talent let go.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There has to be a reason he keeps getting cut after every preseason, keep in mind he never lines up against the first team.

<br /><br /><br />

There has to be a reason he keeps getting cut after every preseason, keep in mind he never lines up against the first team.

He was only cut by the Bills after last preseason to be put on the practice squad, then was signed less than a month later to the Eagles active roster.

Actually he's never been a week off of a roster without getting picked up for the active roster by a good team (Eagles, Colts, Saints). It looks like he was active for 8 games for the Saints last year, which means he is not PS-eligible.

2010 Game Log on NFL.com

Wiki

If we kept every good running back we have had on over the years then our FO wouldnt be able to keep wasting draft picks on running backs.

Aiken has looked good, but lets keep in mind that he was playing mostly against backups. I think he'll be a great PS candidate, then have a great opportunity to make the squad next year or even later this year.

I'm asking not as a challenge to anyone but just cause I'm drawing a blank.... What receivers that have made an impact in the last decade have been udfa guys that got practice squad assignment but worked onto a team to really contribute heavily.

I can think of some late round picks that exploded (Stevie and colston being two I watch weekly) but none of those fringe guys we seem to have an abundance of. I feel like they are very commonplace and interchangeable around the league- everyone has one or two that hang around the squad, and occasionally with injuries they will return a few kicks or catch a couple balls but I'm blank on impact players - which means the percentage would probably be reeeeal low for any of ours panning out yet alone several

Obvious NFL talent? Let's not forget that Bell got cut four times last year. Once by the Bills, twice by the Eagles, and once by the Colts. Andy Reid and Bill Polian also missed the "obvious NFL talent" as well.

He lights it up in preseason but in games against NFL starters he lacks NFL speed and quickness.

I wish him well in the Big Easy though.

Edited by Bob in STL

If we had kept Joique we would not have had to waste a 5th round pick on White. White looks pedestrian. Instead we could have wasted our 5th round pick on someone else that won't contribute.

Wow, I'm impressed!

If you get just a little tad more negative, you could make the Guinness Book of World Records as the first person to achieve superconductivity of the circulatory system (measured temp of -270 C or so)

I do not understand the man love for this guy around here. He is a fringe player at best, evidenced by his bouncing around the league. He will likely be cut by New Orleans as well when their real RB gets healthy. Better than Spiller? Better than White? You people need some perspective.

I do not understand the man love for this guy around here. He is a fringe player at best, evidenced by his bouncing around the league. He will likely be cut by New Orleans as well when their real RB gets healthy. Better than Spiller? Better than White? You people need some perspective.

better than white isnt crazy. might not be true, but not crazy. honestly, more nfl ready then spiller might not even be crazy. obviously spiller is more physically gifted and has loads more potential.

his agent is either smart, or terrible.... i havent decided which. since leaving buffalo hes bounced between indy, philly and new orleans..... maybe not the easiest teams to make, but great places to shine if you get an opportunity.

I think johnny White does a great job of running into the backs of the OL. I liked Bell better than White.

I think Johnny White is completely overmatched at the NFL level. I think he'll be next year's Ed Wang. (5th round pick that lasted one season in Buffalo). But for the fact that Nix is in no position to cut his draft picks in their first year, given the franchise's "Build through the Draft" mantra, I think he'd be cut already. Nothing against White personally, in fact I hope I'm wrong. But, he just looks slow, small, indecisive, and soft. And yes, I know the blocking in front of him was bad also.