Kirk Morrison signed

Lothar

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Sheppard practiced yet? Can't see him taking up a roster spot without participating in any pre-season practices/games.

It's frustrating that he hasn't been healthy thus far, but to think he won't be on the roster as a 3rd round pick?

That's ridiculous.

Has Sheppard practiced yet? Can't see him taking up a roster spot without participating in any pre-season practices/games.

Sheps been practicing all week, just didn't play in the last preseason game because of lack of practices before... Check Chris Browns blog.

It's frustrating that he hasn't been healthy thus far, but to think he won't be on the roster as a 3rd round pick?

That's ridiculous.

No OTA's, no practices, no games. Would he dress or get on the field? Not ridiculous to think he could end up on IR if he won't contibute anything. That stated, a previous poster indicated he was practicing and bb.com confirms.

Sounds fairly solid. I mean, even if he is the new Poz this does 3 things for us:

1) It let's us put Moats back outside if we want to. And with Merriman conceivably getting injured, decent ILBackers seem to be a worthwhile investment to make.

2) From what I've heard while not great at coverage, his specialty is pass rush. We have no pass rush.

3) Considering that we picked him up for one year off waivers, we'll be getting him for much less than the ridiculous $45 million that Jacksonville gave for Poz.

I think this was a solid FA signing by the Bills. He's a good cover LB and we need as many of those as we can get.

I think it's a great signing, but he is not a good cover LB. He's a run stopping LB. Maybe theyll put Davis and Morrison in on obvious running situations and give Barnett a little breather. Having 3 very solid veteran ILBs will do our defense good. Rotate them, keep them fresh and hopefully injury free. I'm a bit disappointed that we won't be seeing much of Sheppard (until someone gets hurt anyway). At least he'll have some good veteran brains to pick.

Lol @ the guy who said maybe we'll move torbor to the outside. Maybe outside on the street. Good riddance. Nice guy, but the guy can't play a lick

Morrison has had an odd career. Played very well with the Raiders and seemed to be on the up and up, but then they weren't interested in signing him for whatever reason. Went to Jacksonville and was a horrible fit for their defense, and now he's stuck signing with Buffalo for a one year deal. Kinda makes you wonder. But depth is good no matter where it comes from.

I've read his numbers aren't indicative of his ability. His tackle stats are inflated and he isn't much of a playmaker.

From Yahoo's free agent tracker:

97. LB Kirk Morrison(notes) – He is an example of why tackle totals are one of the worst stats to follow. He has averaged 100 tackles a year for six years. But he’s completely average.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_by_pos_072511&expire=1#free-LB

Morrison and Martin signed on the same day. And who said Nix was sleeping during FA? Overdorf and Russ proving all the jokers wrong. Go Bills!

After a more in depth analysis of the situation, I'm pretty sure Morrison was just signed to keep Kelsay's seat warm while he's out having eye surgery. Upon his return, we'll trade Morrison to Seattle for a 7th rounder. Overdorf at it again!

Edited by kas23

I don't get a feel for his ability from this mic-up...but it appears he has some nice intensity.

For sure - gotta love the fire and leadership he showed in that clip. Guess we'll see how he performs on the field soon enough...

"@alexmarvez: Newly signed BUF LB Kirk Morrison said on Sirius XM that Shawne Merriman was recruiting him for the past 1 1/2 weeks to join the Bills"

Merriman is the best GM we've had in years.

That's refreshing. A while back, right after Drayton Florence signed, he was on WGR and they asked him if he would be reaching out to any other FAs to join the Bills. His reply? "That's not my job." That's the spirit, Drayton. Thanks. <_<

That's refreshing. A while back, right after Drayton Florence signed, he was on WGR and they asked him if he would be reaching out to any other FAs to join the Bills. His reply? "That's not my job." That's the spirit, Drayton. Thanks. <_<

Based on last weeks game, his job is apparently tackling WR's after they've caught the ball for a 30 yard gain.