Earthquake

DC Tom

UNCONFIRMED reports are that the National Cathedral and Washington Monument may have suffered enough damage to put them at risk of collapse.

However, those reports are from the local Fox News affiliate, whose motto may as well be "never report accurately tomorrow what you can sensationalize today."

Saw it on Moran's twitter.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UNCONFIRMED reports are that the National Cathedral and Washington Monument may have suffered enough damage to put them at risk of collapse.

However, those reports are from the local Fox News affiliate, whose motto may as well be "never report accurately tomorrow what you can sensationalize today."

Cathedral damage from Twitter:

http://i38.tinypic.com/kapzbs.jpg

From CNN

I was working in my store 2.5 hrs NW of Balt...stuff in the store was swaying...picture fell off the wall...I witnessed the wall do a wave & stuff on my shelves was vibrating. Definitely not mild, but not violent either. Somewhere in between...I'll say significant. Startling & Puzzling...took me a minute to figure it out...my 1st quake!