Jackson upset is not good

26TrapDraw

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand FJs frustration and most everybody's with CJ thus far but Chan should say look it is preseason we listed him #1 for that game because of that, we need to see where the kid is at. Please, don't go all Rodney Dangerfield on me now.

I refuse to believe that Gailey can be this stupid. Like it was stated above, Freddie's not only the best back on this team by a country mile, but the best in the division. I'd be willing to bet that Spiller will never be as good as Jackson is right now. As Bill from NYC opined in another thread, this could very well be a decision from higher up in the organization, which is quite sad and probably worse than just simply a coaching blunder. Again, this is just a theory with no factual evidence but I feel that 'football politics' is what's really going on here.

The Buffalo Bills are a sick organization. And I mean sick in the traditional sense, not the way the kids use the word nowadays. First the ridiculous Evans move and now this. It really makes it hard to root for them and I can't say I've ever been more disheartened with this team than I am right now.

This is upsetting to me. Fred has been the best offensive weapon this team has had since Thurman (moulds is close IMO). He's a class act that does everything asked of him and it all well. His instincts as a RB are among the best in the league. He doesn't have great speed, which keeps him from being recognized as one of the better RBs in the league. He reads his blocks well, uses his hands better than most backs, has the ability to make people miss, has great hands, blocks well and leaves his heart on the field every game. The thing that really stands out to me, is his ability to make the 1st tackler miss. It seems to me, that unless the tackler gets a good hold of his legs, Freds gonna make him pay. My buddy who hates the bills and will never say anything good about them, absolutely LOVES Fred. He's a niner fan and has been saying for the last couple years, that he'd take Jackson over gore in a heartbeat. He loves his relentlessness and the fact that he always seems to keep going when it looks as if the play is over. I feel the same, as most of us "homers" do, but hear a guy that loves to hate our beloved bills gush about how bada$$ Fred is allows me to realize it's not me being a homer. He's a very good RB.

The situation he's upset about could have been handled better by chan. I have no problem with starting spiller every preseason game. He needs the reps in order to improve. He is pegged as our future #1 and has to be given a chance to prove he can be the man. I don't see Fred as someone that needs a lot of reps in preseason (maybe I'm wrong), and would rather keep him fresh and get spiller some game experience. If that's chans plan, he should've told Fred. If chan plans on allowing Cj a chance to supplant Fred of he shows a lot during preseason, I have no problem with that, but he should tell Fred. I am a firm believer that every player must earn their spot in the lineup through competition. The competition makes players better. If chan announced day 1 of camp that Fred was our #1, I'd say it was a mistake. I can't see how it could improve the team, whereas leaving the spot up for grabs often gets the best out of the players. I think Fred is currently our best RB and should be our starter, but I'm glad that he is giving Cj an opportunity. It would be nice if chan did a better job communicating his thoughts with his players. JMO

This is upsetting to me. Fred has been the best offensive weapon this team has had since Thurman (moulds is close IMO). He's a class act that does everything asked of him and it all well. His instincts as a RB are among the best in the league. He doesn't have great speed, which keeps him from being recognized as one of the better RBs in the league. He reads his blocks well, uses his hands better than most backs, has the ability to make people miss, has great hands, blocks well and leaves his heart on the field every game. The thing that really stands out to me, is his ability to make the 1st tackler miss. It seems to me, that unless the tackler gets a good hold of his legs, Freds gonna make him pay. My buddy who hates the bills and will never say anything good about them, absolutely LOVES Fred. He's a niner fan and has been saying for the last couple years, that he'd take Jackson over gore in a heartbeat. He loves his relentlessness and the fact that he always seems to keep going when it looks as if the play is over. I feel the same, as most of us "homers" do, but hear a guy that loves to hate our beloved bills gush about how bada$$ Fred is allows me to realize it's not me being a homer. He's a very good RB.

The situation he's upset about could have been handled better by chan. I have no problem with starting spiller every preseason game. He needs the reps in order to improve. He is pegged as our future #1 and has to be given a chance to prove he can be the man. I don't see Fred as someone that needs a lot of reps in preseason (maybe I'm wrong), and would rather keep him fresh and get spiller some game experience. If that's chans plan, he should've told Fred. If chan plans on allowing Cj a chance to supplant Fred of he shows a lot during preseason, I have no problem with that, but he should tell Fred. I am a firm believer that every player must earn their spot in the lineup through competition. The competition makes players better. If chan announced day 1 of camp that Fred was our #1, I'd say it was a mistake. I can't see how it could improve the team, whereas leaving the spot up for grabs often gets the best out of the players. I think Fred is currently our best RB and should be our starter, but I'm glad that he is giving Cj an opportunity. It would be nice if chan did a better job communicating his thoughts with his players. JMO

Travis Henry was the best RB we have had since Thurman Thomas. He could do it all, except keep the things between his legs right. Jackson comes only after him. One of the biggest problem with Jackson has been his ability to score TDs in the redzone. He has been pretty pedestrian in the Redzone. Of course that could all be due to the lousy OL that we have. I do agree that Chan should have handled this better, firstly by talking to Jackson and also letting him know that Spiller will start all pre-season games. There is so much lack of communication between this staff and the players...and that is not a good thing....

First Evans, then it was Levitre...and now Jackson....

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

Exactly, Spiller will never be the feature back and Chan needs to get over it go with the best back which is Fred.

Travis Henry was the best RB we have had since Thurman Thomas. He could do it all, except keep the things between his legs right. Jackson comes only after him. One of the biggest problem with Jackson has been his ability to score TDs in the redzone. He has been pretty pedestrian in the Redzone. Of course that could all be due to the lousy OL that we have. I do agree that Chan should have handled this better, firstly by talking to Jackson and also letting him know that Spiller will start all pre-season games. There is so much lack of communication between this staff and the players...and that is not a good thing....

They need to start getting Jehu the ball on short yardage and goal line and we wont have to worry about touchdowns.

I agree CJ needs to get a chance.... but mark my words, if FJ is ever, ever on the market, Bellicheck will get his hands on him and turn him loose on us. Bellicheck loves fred, and loves players like fred. Unfortunately, CJ is not a #1 every down back yet. He needs to get on the field as a slot WR, or 3rd down change of pace, kick offs, whatever. But I completely agree with Fitz. Fred makes this team go, and Gailey is in danger of losing the locker room if he loses FJ as well as Lee. For a team with no identity, and its best player is a rookie, this is dangerous territory.

Statistically yes, Henry is. Watching the two play football every game as a bill, I feel Fred is the better player. I like Travis a lot, but he put the ball in the ground too much and seemed to get stuffed on the majority of the 3rd or 4th and shorts (from my memory). Travis was better getting in the end zone partly because he had a offense that could somewhat move the ball.

Couple that play with a contrasting one made by FJ - a terrific block in the Denver game (cant remember the drive) and I can see this situation being unsustainable unless CJ totally turns the corner.

CJ has to turn that corner soon, and he is about two blocks away. You can run through the hole all day long but if your coach keeps you on the sideline most passing plays because you can't pick up a block that is too obvious to the D. The problem with CJ as a runner is he doesn't find the hole from the backfeild. I say use him as a two back set only and utilize him in the shuttle pass more because his strength is running in open space. Otherwise he can't make the cut. try

Against Denver, Spiller received the ball on four of Buffalo’s first six plays from scrimmage and finished with six carries for 10 yards and two catches for 11 yards. Jackson had four carries for 34 yards and added 13 yards on two catches. In Chicago game it was C.J 2 carries for 3 yards and 2 receptions for 16. While Jackson got 3 carries for 18 yds. I think its a no brainer myself.

Freddy will be fine. As KTFABG notes, he's going to bring 100% effort each and every week. The truth of the matter is, this offense needs to have big plays out of the running and short passing game, and Spiller "should" provide more opportunities for that. Granted, Freddy did have that great long screen against Pittsburgh last season, but for the most part he's a grinder. That's great, but I'm sure what Gailey is thinking is that he needs explosiveness out there as well.

Looking back, I agree with the consensus that Spiller was an unnecessary pick. If he doesn't show a spark very early in the regular season it could start to get ugly.

And, as has been the case for the past three years, steady Freddy will be there waiting.

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

Jackson needs to shut up and play football. Every player has to prove himself year after year, and complaining about that fact is childish. The mere fact that he was still the 3rd down back with Spiller starting speaks volumes to me. They know what Fred can do and I am sure they are not looking to lose him to injury before the opener like last year. If Fred can't see that Spiller needs the preseason exposure far more than he does then he is blind.

Here's what Gailey better understand; Fred Jackson is the heart and sole of this team, if he looses Jackson, he loses his team, and the fans!

Here's what Gailey better understand; Fred Jackson is the heart and sole of this team, if he looses Jackson, he loses his team, and the fans!

Agreed however if the word is coming down from the top AKA Ralph sad to see that the GM and COach cant run this team in a way that makes them better. Maybe Ralph wants one more chance to draft the overall #1 and be up on the podium.

Jackson's feelings have to be the least of Gailey's worries. No one's job should be guaranteed coming off 4-12 and getting bullied all over the field in Denver. Team needs to get tougher and meaner. Jackson certainly isn't the problem, but think Gailey is trying to change the culture of losing.

I hear you, but that doesn't mean Jackson shouldn't be guaranteed. It's been stated over & over in this thread, but Fred Jackson continues to get results week in & week out. If there's anyone on this team that should be playing, it's him.

We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play. The NFL is full of broken hearts. Suck it up and do what you're asked.

PTR

I don't get this logic. By that rationale Maybin should have been starting last year.

Chix did not pick Maybin, they did pick Spiller (and as their first pick to boot) so if you think of Promos statement as coming out of Buddy Nix's mouth it makes sense.

"We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play."

Their first ever pick, and a first round running back, who does nothing but collect splinters in his ass from riding the bench makes Chix look bad.

Bills fans think Kyle Williams and Fred Williams are like, the saviors of the franchise or something. Don't get me wrong, I love underlooked overacheivers as much as the next guy, but lets get real. Spiller is running behind the worst O-Line in the NFL, he deserves some slack. His blocking is poor, I'll give you that. But guess what? He is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. He's played for only 1 season and Bills fans are already clamoring for a 30 year old RB from Coe College to get more snaps again. I love the story. I love Fred's grit and his consistency, but objectively speaking, you want Spiller to touch the ball way more than Fred. He's just got more to offer in terms of natural ability, its that simple. And the only way he'll get better in terms of blocking and hitting the right holes, is via playing.

I love Bills fans and how much we appreciate the hard working underdog, but I'll never understand why a lot of fans cheer when a talent like Lee Evans is traded so that some undrafted WR can be our number 2 receiver. Or how Jason Peters is an overrated bum so lets trade him and start an undrafted guy like Demetrius Bell ( I understand Peters was undrafted at a time). Or Roscoe Parrish is just terrible, he should be cut in favor of Naaman Roosevelt. I mean, this stuff is just crazy. I share the frustration when our most physically gifted players don't perform, but there needs to be some objectivity in the conversation. Fred Jackson deserves much more credit than he gets, but he's a 30 year old RB and Spiller is a top 10 draft pick who is entering his sophomore season. Why would Chan not say its CJ's job to lose when he's clearly the more talented guy? Fred will get his reps, but you have to use Spiller if you have him on your team.

No offense, but I think this is crazy! Its not CJ's job to lose because he has done nothing to MAKE it his job. The person who should get the most touches is the person who is the most productive when he touches the ball. That's been fred (more so than Lynch and way more than CJ). The person who should be the number one back is the person who the BEST all around back at blocking, running between the tackles and off tackle, and catching passes...no doubt that's lynch.

CJ has a world of potential given his speed. But the only place he has EVER been productive is in college. I am not saying cut CJ or he is a bust, but you get promotions in this league when you perform, but when you have the POTENTIAL to perform. I agree with developing CJ, but until then, Fred is the man. (who better to teach CJ how to do the fundamentals?)

No offense, but I think this is crazy! Its not CJ's job to lose because he has done nothing to MAKE it his job. The person who should get the most touches is the person who is the most productive when he touches the ball. That's been fred (more so than Lynch and way more than CJ). The person who should be the number one back is the person who the BEST all around back at blocking, running between the tackles and off tackle, and catching passes...no doubt that's lynch.

CJ has a world of potential given his speed. But the only place he has EVER been productive is in college. I am not saying cut CJ or he is a bust, but you get promotions in this league when you perform, but when you have the POTENTIAL to perform. I agree with developing CJ, but until then, Fred is the man. (who better to teach CJ how to do the fundamentals?)

The reason why Jackson's status is under question is because of his lack of the big play potential. Jackson would be great to have as a starter if you had a HOF QB like Manning or Brady, but the Bills do not have that. CJ has that big play potential and I have no problem with them exploring his ability to handle the starters role. If he can't handle blocking blitzing LBs (he still can't) then it a mute point because he'll be sitting the bench.