Spiller starting

cmjoyce113

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have really not been impressed with Gailey's player management in this preseason or last. He just seems determined to play guys based on their size or perceived athleticism rather than their playmaking ability. Trent Edwards as the starting QB. Moats to ILB. Spiller over Jackson. Lynch over Jackson. Urbik over Hangartner. Rinehart over Levitre.

I have really not been impressed with Gailey's player management in this preseason or last. He just seems determined to play guys based on their size or perceived athleticism rather than their playmaking ability. Trent Edwards as the starting QB. Moats to ILB. Spiller over Jackson. Lynch over Jackson. Urbik over Hangartner. Rinehart over Levitre.

+1

Kelsay over, well, I don't know? :blink:

When will Jackson get respect? The guy has run better than any back we've had here in years.

But I guess if you waste a top-10 pick on a RB (as we love to do), then you're obligated to start him.

This

Let them try CJ out in preseason. If performs upto expectations then hooray for us... My money is on the FJ to end up being the man yet again this season.

Spiller lost the job last night in my opinion. He sucked.

This... He has absolutely no awareness to speak of. Can't read a play to save his life. Can't block. Can't wait for blocks. Can't see holes. Tries to bust the long run when there are 5 yards to be easily had, then he turns into a gain of 2.

Throw in the worst starting oline in football and you have the game we all saw last night.

im starting to think the same thing

This feels like a Rob Johnson/Flutie-esque meddling Ralph move: "Why am I paying this high-priced supposedly-prolific player if a cheap aquisition can outplay him. Let's see what this guy can do."

All things being equal - Freddie deserves to start.

Edited by filthymcnasty08